• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I import a CSV products file?

consolefx

I have a CSV file that contains over 1,500 products and has the following data fields:

Date Added

CatID

Category

ParentCatID

ParentCAT

Title

Item Code

itemID

Publisher

Packaging

Operating System

Weight

Stock

Wholesale

Suggest_Retail

short_desc

catlink

popupcatlink

Description

imagelarge

ESRP

upccode

checkavail

So I am wondering how I can import all the products and categories from this CSV file?

I currently have the MS Excel contribution installed. Is this the best contribution to import CSV files? Is there a better one?

How would I be able to add the custom fields that are in my CSV file, like esrp, operating system, packaging, publisher, etc?

Also is there any way the categories, both parent & child, can automatically be created while I upload this CSV file?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

So I guess I am just wondering how I can import all these products with many of the extra fields? Also importantly how can I upload these products and have them automatically create a category tree and upload the products to their proper category? ANyone have any advice?

I have Excel import installed. Would EZ Populate be better? What about PHPmyAdmin?

Or any other way to do it?

Thanks

EZ populate will do what you are asking to do. It is easy to install (about 20 minutes). Take the time to read over all of the documentation and follow the recommendations. It includes some tips on trouble shooting as well. If you install carefully, and read how to set it up, it will save you a LOT of time..

Mark

Where can I find these Excel Import and EZ Populate?

I've been writing programs in C++ and VB to populate through ODBC, which does work good because I have automatic unattended processes that run, but for 1 time custom imports this sounds great.

Scott

Archived