• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pickup option, mass update, select multiple items

rekhis

Hello Gurus,

I am looking for the following features for my shopping cart -

1. For local customers to place order online with pickup feature (thus no shipping charges). For others who want items to be shipped, add shipping charges.

2. Doing mass addition of the products.

3. Giving customers option to select multiple items from their search from a single page. Something like what officemax.com provides where one can enter qnty required for each item displayed and hit 'add to cart' button in the bottom.

Thanks

...Manjeet

I was able to get #1 working by reusing the code for Flat Rate. I went to catalog/includes/languges/english/modules/shipping/flat.php file and changed the text from 'Flat Rate' to 'Pickup' and 'Best Way' to 'Use this option only for local pickup only'. Then went to admin area and changed the Flat Rate to 0.00.

Looking for some help for multiple selection and mass updates.

Hello,

look in the Contributions section for "easy populate" mod, this will handle all your mass uploads and updates.

there is a pickup mod also available in the contributions.

the search page does give you multiple results but only searchs the product titles and not the description,

PM me and I can give you some code that will do what you want.

thanks

digi

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

Archived