• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping help!

fubu

I've been trying to provide free shipping to orders above 50 dollars and if the order is below 10kg. I've used the free shipper section in admin to set free shipping to be given to orders over 50 dollars. However I've been unable to also restrict this to be given to orders below 10kg.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help will be appreciated!

Yes I do use the table rate to calculate shipping.

scenario 1: order less than 10kg -> pay for shipping using table rate

scenario 2: order more than $50 and less than 10kg -> free shipping

scenario 3: order more than 10kg irrespective of order amount ->pay for shipping using table rate.

I'm using the free shipping feature in admin and specify free shipping for orders over 50 dollars. However there's nowhere that I can also specify a weight for free shipping. I've tried editing \catalog\checkout_shipping.php line 66 to read:

if ( defined('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING') && ($total_weight <= 10) && (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true') ) {

It seems to be able to pick up when shipping needs to be free for all 3 scenarios, and calculates the shipping amount in the first page when u checkout, however when you go to the final confirmation page of the checkout process shipping reverts to $0 for scenario 3.

It sounds like free shipping for orders over $50 is overriding what I'm trying to do, but I can't where it checks this...

All you gurus out there please help...

Archived