• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Merchant Email Confirmation of Customer Order

jameslong

Like Yes!

An option in the ADMIN/Configurations/MyStore to "Send Extra Order Email To:" then fill in the address (which does not have to be the store "contact" email for the whole site).

Like Yes!

An option in the ADMIN/Configurations/MyStore to "Send Extra Order Email To:" then fill in the address (which does not have to be the store "contact" email for the whole site).

re: Like Yes!

Is this the only way a confirmation email gets sent at all? I assumed it meant a 2nd confirmation would be sent to someone else as well. In this case me, as web designer, as a way to make sure everything was functioning, but the other day when the first sales were made, only I got an order -- nothing was sent to my client (The store owner). Shouldn't the store owner automatically be notified if a sale is made? Is there a notification setting or toggle to send the order to the store owner aside from the "Send Extra Order Email To:" ?

thanks,

Yes, that's the only way emails get sent. Note: you can still look up orders in the database, without an email, so emails are not absolutely necessary. Also, in some cases, the STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS will not be the one that should get the orders. Think multi-person stores, where the owner does little of the day to day order processing. Complaints, etc., yes. Packing/shipping? No. Thus, it is optional.

Note: you can put multiple addresses in the Send Extra Order Emails To: field.

Hth,

Matt

That should work, but if you read the instructions shown when you select "Send Extra Order Emails To", it asks you to use

Name 1 <email@address1>, Name 2 <email@address2>
as the format.

Hth,

Matt

I just went back to change it and only then did I read the instructions. I was just about to post again, saying that the instructions were right there. I built the site a few months ago and didn't remember -- Now at least the client will be notified.

again, thanks for the help.

Archived