• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Take customer directly to checkout

conard

I plan to make a "wizard" to guide the customer through selecting their item. Once they answer the questions (a la wizard) and get the quote I want a "buy" button. Is it possible to have the link on the buy button (or a hidden HTML form) put the item in the cart and sent the customer directly to the checkout page? The only way a customer can purchase an item is by going through my wizard and not browsing a store front. So things like "continue shopping" and such I don't want. I won't really have a store front, just a set of questions to determine the correct item for the customer:

1. Customer visits site

2. Customer answers questions

3. End of questions they land on a page with a quote determined by answers to the questions and a "buy" button

4. Customer clicks "buy", ends on checkout page, item in cart, and ready to input their info (addie, CC, etc). This page does not have "continue shopping" or anything of that nature.

I can do 1, 2, and 3 but is 4 possible with osCommerce?

Thanks,

Steve

This may sound stupid but...

In Admin-->Configuration-->My Store, there is a line item "Display Cart After Adding Product", which one can toggle on or off.

Yes, I know this is not what you want. However, if you find the code behind it and apply reverse logic (for lack of a better term) it may just turn a light bulb on and help you find the right direction.

Good luck.

In application_top.php try changing this line:

case 'add_product' :    if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
                             }
                             tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters) . 'products_id=' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], 'NONSSL'));
                             break;

And change the redirect to go to checkout_shipping.php

My website's navigation links directly to the shopping cart and seperately to checkout (in my case payment cos I have changed the entire thing). So yeah, it's very much possible.

If you do the wizard thing, make sure that you simplify checkout, the standard osC takes too many steps to complete, it should never be more than 2-3.

Archived