• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Conflict between two otherwise good contributions

jwsfun

Does anyone use the two contributions (Category Tabs, Enable & Disable Categories) on their site? Both of these work fine but they do not seem to work well together (wasn't really a surprise).

Anyhow, I can turn off particular categories in My Admin and it's reflected in the categories box, but there is no change in the header tabs (look here: bluefire gifts). We'll more than likely get rid of the category box in favor of the tabs, but we need to make sure that these two contributions function on the site together properly.

Does anyone have any idea how I can edit/code the categories_tab.php to reflect the changes in My Admin? Is that the right file that needs to be changed/coded?

Please help...This is the last of the contributions we plan on using and then we're spending the few days or so making a new stylesheet for our site. It's going to be time to go live soon after that. Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Well, I got my tabs to work, but not my products_new page...too many contributions, I'm thinking!

I just edited the catalog\includes\categories_tab.php file so it had the same query change as the others, basically to select categories_status=1.

Linda

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Well, I got my tabs to work, but not my products_new page...too many contributions, I'm thinking!

I just edited the catalog\includes\categories_tab.php file so it had the same query change as the others, basically to select categories_status=1.

Linda

Hi linda,

Could you let me know which modifications you made on categories_tab.php so that it works with enable-disable categories. Couild you post the code of your file, I really didn't succeed in making mine works :blush:

Thanks.

OSC2.2