• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: Cannot modify header information

starbuck

I changed the define('ACCOUNT_GENDER', 'false'); from true to false a is seen here. I did this in application_top.php

I dont want the gender not to appear in the create account page.

I now get this error when I try to continue after the create account screen

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elliott/public_html/pets/includes/application_top.php:466) in /home/elliott/public_html/pets/includes/functions/general.php on line 23

Has anyone tried this and got this error

What to do next?

Thank You

Ron

Check your application_top.php you must be having an extra blank line at the end of file. remove that line and save the file. i think this should fix your problem. and when ever you see the error "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ( file name). that file mainly haves the extra lie at the bottom of the file

The "Warning: Cannot modify header information..." error comes from the differences between UNIX and Windoze files. If you are modifying your files on windoze, and deploying on UNIX make sure to upload/download in BINARY! Also, if you're using a smart editor, then have it save your files in UNIX format.

I just ran into this problem tonight, thanks blueguy777 for the response below, as that told me exactly what it was. I changed HomeSite to save in UNIX and my FTP client to binary, rewrote the file, and it's fixed.

I recommend this error and it's fix to go to the FAQ. There's TONS of these questions in the forums.

:huh:

When I am in the admin tool I am getting this same message error all over the place. It's very frustrating to say the least. I tried removing lines but it doesn't seem to help.

Yes I am on Windows. Don't hate me!

Try looking at any file mentioned in the error. If everything is double-spaced, then assume you've got windows-style CRLF's. Go through the file and remove them. Then re-upload the file in binary. If everything work, then you shouldn't see those extra blank lines anymore, and you're page will load without the error.

Archived