• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ERRORS and more errors

supercamel

I kept getting error after error.. and think that I've installed it. then I get this

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/home/supercam/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/supercam/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/supercam/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/supercam/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

The configuration was successful!

If it's successful.. then where is my catalog?

I clicked on the link but it was not there. so I went to

http://www.supercamel.hostforweb.com/catalog/index.php where it should be

and I get yet another error.

How do I fix this and why is this program so hard to install and use?

I can't even get to editing categories and adding items.. I'm still stuck with installing the thing!

Please help. Thank you.

Gee... I'm about as Frustrated as You!

It seems like everytime I change text in a file- I have to finagle thru at least 5 "Parse Errors" each befor I get anything to stick (change).

Simple this ain't. It SHOULD BE... But if I keep uploading backup files before attempting another edit... my FTP program will Poop-Out on Me.

I want to, at least, replace the "Default Setup" Yap with a simple 2 sentence paragraph and to completely do-away with that worthless Search Module and Language Module.

It's taken 3-4 hours to change the hipping, privacy, conditions, and contact files.

Cripes!... I can't even find what a "parse error" is!

Please Please Please... help?

Please *read* the installation help at the link I provided :blink: - you must set the correct permissions on catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php before commencing installation.

Gee... I'm about as Frustrated as You!

It seems like everytime I change text in a file- I have to finagle thru at least 5 "Parse Errors" each befor I get anything to stick (change).

Simple this ain't.  It SHOULD BE... But if I keep uploading backup files before attempting another edit... my FTP program will Poop-Out on Me.

I want to, at least, replace the "Default Setup" Yap with a simple 2 sentence paragraph and to completely do-away with that worthless Search Module and Language Module.

It's taken 3-4 hours to change the hipping, privacy, conditions, and contact files.

Cripes!... I can't even find what a "parse error" is!

Please Please Please... help?

Please edit the files in a text editor and upload them to your site.

A "parse error" essentially mean that a typo was encountered.

Matti

Bluesbus:

A `parse error` occurs when PHP cannot correctly parse a line of your code due to various reasons, for beginners this is usually misplaced quotation marks. The thing you need to check when dealing with a parse error is the line of code that it occurs on. It really helps to have a PHP editor and not notepad. There are a lot of free ones and they help you detect parse errors and the like.

Here are a couple tips when dealing with strings:

1. Check that there is an opening quote and a closing quote. They must be of the same type, i.e. " " or ' '.

2. You cannot include quotes inside of another pair of quotes. Example: "I've had a bad day." will work but not 'I've had a bad day.' If you have to include quotes in the middle of a string like that use \" or \'.

I really suggest that if you are going to edit PHP files you learn some PHP. These are basic rules and once you learn the basic rules it saves you a lot of heartache. You can learn all of these in the course of an afternoon. I learned basic PHP and was writing scripts in 3 hours.

Do a search on google for `PHP tutorial`. I hope this helps you out.

Archived