• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrade said Completed but error messages

fab121

Dear All,

Sorry to disturb.

I have waited long enough and I tried to upgrade my test bed system from OsC 2.2 MS1 to Osc 2.2 MS2.

I ran into trouble aftret rying to access the product info page. SO I decided to go thru the upgrade procedure. I receive the following at step 3:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/catalog/biscotte/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/catalog/biscotte/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

and when I go back to my "new" site. My currency has been brought to $, the images of the product do not display any more, I have no working product info page, etc...

What went wrong ?

Best Regards

The site I use OSC for is selling Couches Lavables / Cloth Diapers, Maternage / Mothering, Aromath?rapie / Aromatherapy, Phytoth?rapie / Phytotherapy, Entretien / Housekeeping

You cannot use the upgrade option during install - this is from version 2.1 to MS2 - there is an upgrade script for MS1 in a subdirectory of the extras directory from the MS2 zip

Matti

• 1 year later...
You cannot use the upgrade option during install - this is from version 2.1 to MS2 - there is an upgrade script for MS1 in a subdirectory of the extras directory from the MS2 zip

Matti

Well - I've been searching the forum for a while now and this seems like the most authoritive answer to this problem - other examples are here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?&ac...A+supplied&st=0

I've clicked the 'upgrade' button on a fresh install of OSC and I'm getting this exact error message.

I'm assuming it means my database is unsuitable for building a shop around in it's current state, but I don't know what to do about it :(

My OSC was set up through a hsphere control panel install - literally clicked 'on' next to OSC, set up the DB name and account, then clicked upgrade.

Should I be doing something else to get on 2.2MS2? I've seen reference to FTPing files over the top of the old version, but if the online CP did the initial setup t hen I'd have assumed (hoped?) that the upgrade button would do the same!

Any thoughts appreciated while I go cry in the corner :'(

Thanx,

Dan

Has anyone else seen this problem, or am I missing something really obvious?

Johnson has replied to a PM saying that if my version is CVS then I need to upgrade manually - could someone let me know what a CVS is?

Thanks,

Dan - blubbing away like a big girl ;)

Issue resolved for thos who may be interested!

The errors were being thrown up because the version of OSC I was running was ALREADY upgraded to 2.2 MS2 - my provider seems to give this as the default install.

Running an upgrade on an already upgraded database just made it throw up errors.

So - if you get this message, make sure you weren't already on MS2!

Thx,

Dan

Archived