• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What else needs to come out for me to be clear?

blessed

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', '' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . ' <span class="messageStackError"> </span> ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '<nobr class="messageStackSuccess' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . ' <nobr class="messageStackSuccess"> ' . ucfirst($language) . '' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '' . PROJECT_VERSION . '.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');

define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>

This what my page shows:

What's New Here? 

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

English osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

New Products For October 

Li'l Stinker's Diapers

$8

Betfor the English there is a circle with number 1 and a circle with number 2, then following it there are 2 more, numbers 3 and 4. Each time I try to tke them out I get errors. So what needs to be chnaged in there?

Thanks!

I know that, however, there is still a few things showing up that I can't get out! Such as :

1 2 English 3 4  osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

the 1 2 3 4 are little gifs of some kind. I can't get them out without the page reverting to showing me

TEXT_MAIN

New Products for the Month of October

there's code that needs to be pulled or disabled and I don't know what it is.

I guess that I wasn't clear enough. Take out this code:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . ' <span class="messageStackError"> </span> ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '<nobr class="messageStackSuccess' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . ' <nobr class="messageStackSuccess"> ' . ucfirst($language) . '' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '' . PROJECT_VERSION . '.');

and put in this code:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Put what you want to say here');

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Ahhh if only TEXT_MAIN is appearing on the website, then youre either a: not typing anything in (doubtful) or 2: theres an ' in there somewhere, in order for anything to show up you have to put a \ in front of the ' s. Make sense?

In other words if you want it to say:

Hey there welcome to our store, we're not going to be sellin' too much stuff here. What's up with you today?

You have to put:

Hey there welcome to our store we\'re not going to be sellin\' too much stuff here. What\'s up with you today?

see what i mean? the ' throws stuff off i think.

Kymation's easy-to-follow instructions are great...

but I am STILL Getting on my cart homepage):

Parse error: parse error in /home/dabus/public_html/cart/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 19

followed by:

HEADING_TITLE

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

TEXT_MAIN

TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS

--------------------------------------------------

I have tried so many times with so many chmods

with and without any other languages.

Very Very VERY Frustrating!

Why am I Failing?

Those error messages indicate that you have illegal characters in that file, probably in or near the HEADING_TITLE define. Look closely at your file -- there can be no text outside the single quotes ' '.

What are you using to edit the pages? If you are using an on-line file editor: don't. The file editor in the osC admin panel has issues, as do some that are provided by web hosting companies.

Download the file to your local computer and edit it there. Use only a text editor, not Word or other word-processing software. Notepad or SimpleText will work in this case; a real PHP editor is better. Use an FTP client to download your files and upload them when you have finished editing. Make certain that the FTP client recognizes PHP files or force it to transfer these files in ASCII mode.

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Regards

Jim

Glad to know that you got it working. And the only reason that I know this stuff is because I've already made all these errors myself. I'm just trying to save other people some of the pain. :P

Regards

Jim

Jim - can CuteHTML be used to edit the files? PHP files come up colour coded on there so they are easier to read that in Notepad. If so it woudl save me having to get a PHP editor.

Thanks,

PurplePenny

i use cuteHTML but you still have to know what you are doing ;)

i dont know php at all, but its just a matter of taking your time, looking thru stuff and using some logic :)

awesome cart for the money!

Any editor that saves the file in true text format can be used. This includes most text editors, HTML editors, and general-purpose code editors. Use whatever you are familiar with. If your editor gives you a choice of format to save in, save in Unix format.

I use PHPEdit. It has a lot of nice features, including correct coloring of PHP code. It's also free. I have also been known to use Notepad or SimpleText for quick changes or when I'm away from my development machine.

There is a known problem with some text editors, including Notepad: They insist on adding a blank line at the end of every file. In most cases this does no damage, but there are a few files in osCommerce (i.e. sessions.php) that this will cause to break. As a general rule, any file that generates HTML is safe to edit with these programs. Any file that does not generate HTML is at risk. I don't know if CuteHTML or Dremweaver have this problem since I've never used either program.

Regards

Jim

Archived