• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS and Fedex errors

brandblast

Hi,

I have a problem with a couple of the shipping modules.

FEDEX ERROR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting the following error when clicking checkout:

1054 - Unknown column 'test' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM fedex_pcode_to_zone_xref WHERE test >= pcode_from and test <= pcode_to

[TEP STOP]

When I log into my admin and disable Fedex shipping, the error doesn't occur, so at least I know it's something to do with the Fedex module.

USPS ERROR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My USPS shipping shows up but gives me the following message:

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

How can I fix this, I have created an USPS account, called them and had it transferred to the production server, but osC is still giving me this error.

Please advise,

Alex DeBarros

Hey,

I think I had the same problem with the FedEx, I'm not 100% sure though. If I remember correctly, leaving it on test mode will cause errors for some reason or another(I think because you have to let FedEx know you want to be on the test server). If you switch it to production mode then it will work fine.

As for the USPS, I had the same error. Can anybody help with this?

I hope I've been of some help. :P

Freddy & Chris:

A few steps to fixing your USPS problems:

1. You must establish an account here USPS Priority Mail APIs Registration

2. You should receive a confirmation e-mail soon afterwards, but be patient: This can take a few days.

3. If you're like the rest of us and don't want to wait, follow step #1 and then call this number: 1-800-344-7779 (between the hours of 7:00 am-11:00pm, EST).

The person you will more than likely speak to is a nice gentleman by the name of Bruce, who is well aware of osCommerce. Explain that you're using OSC, and let him know that you need to be switched over to the production server ASAP. This generally takes 24 hours (at least), but you will receive a confirmation e-mail from USPS, complete with your new user name and password (probably all numbers, and no, you cannot change it). There will also be two brief instructions for you to make changes in your usps.php file (simple capitalization changes, nothing serious).

4. You're done. That's all there is to it.

Good luck. :)

Just a note: If you use the USPS Shipping Assistant on your pc (for labels, postage, etc), do not attempt to use the user name and password from this for the USPS (API) shipping module in osCommerce. It will NOT work.

jwsfun,

Thanks fior the reply, but the problem I'm having is that I already have my username and PW, am on the production server, and it's still not working, can you tell me how I can find out about the files I need to modify i.e capitals and stuff?

Thanks.

Hello...Here you go:

In includes/modules/shipping/usps.php, look around line 166 (if you have "wordwrap" set in your editor, lol) and you'll see what you need to change:

switch (MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER) {

case 'production': $usps_server = 'Production.ShippingAPIs.com';

$api_dll = 'ShippingAPI.dll';

break;

case 'test':

default: $usps_server = 'testing.shippingapis.com';

$api_dll = 'ShippingAPITest.dll';

break;

}

(These are lines 166-174, if you use Macromedia's Homesite 5.0---they'll more than likely be different otherwise). Bear in mind the actual "layout" of the code will appear different in your usps.php, and not left-indented as is shown here.

I hope it works for ya :D .

Chris,

When you get the confirmation e-mail from USPS, your user name and password will be included along with the necessary instructions for the changes you need to make in your includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file.

I've not had a problem so far :)

Glad to be of help, Chris...Seriously: I'm as new to php/css as a lot of people in these forums, so when I come across an answer to someone's problem and I can be of help, of course, like Wilford Brimley used to say "It's the right thing to do". Good luck :D

Hi There,

I have tried all your suggestions and it still does not work, it shows the message:

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I have an account. and I have updated the upper case issue within usps.php. Anything else I need to do?

thanks!

Hi There,

I have tried all your suggestions and it still does not work, it shows the message:

I have an account. and I have updated the upper case issue within usps.php. Anything else I need to do?

thanks!

Have you contacted USPS and had them change you to the production server? That is the ticket

You were right on the money! thank you again. USPS changed me to production mode and it works.

Thanks.

p.s. wired, I thought the test mode should work as well. Why shouldn't it right?

Hi,

Which contribution applies the true FedEx realtime price module?

There is a fedex contrib that is heavily based on importing a huge table into the database. But it has many errors.

please advise,

Ron Peled

I have applied the FEDEX realtime module from the contributions. Thanks Steve Fatula!

However, it currently result with the following error:

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

Any specific place I should look into?

please advise,

Ron Peled

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If you still have problems and want me to post my usps.php to see if it works for you, just let me know. :)

hi,

i've tried this without luck. i am also having trouble with the ups module. freakinout actually. the default ups mod.seemed to be working fine. then my buddy accidently erased the entire root directory of my site. luckily i had a backup.. however, upon uploading the files again - the shipping modules stopped working. spent 8 hours tryin to sort it out.. then decided to go with usps. which doesn't work either. found this post, called usps & had them switch me over, changed the code - still nuthin.

can you/anyone help??

pleeeze.. thnx;]cj

ps. i will treat whomever helps me get this working by tomorrow..to a new computer at cost (i will even assume shipping expenses;)) - checkitout: http://shop.endornet.com

i've got a zip in my shipping config. the error seems so similar that i'm wondering whether or not changing that zip adds it to the code in the files..or simply puts it in the db? if the prior is the case, then that could be where i'm having difficulties.

thanx, i finally found the entry in db. zip is correct.

still stumped on why i'm still getting errors. don't suppose you could post a copy of your ups.php and/or usps.php)?

Archived