• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

mail problem for new user

L0Ve4U

After i register myself ..there is this error message:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in D:\Inetpub\webs\fantasychatit\public\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Inetpub\webs\fantasychatit\public\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:502) in D:\Inetpub\webs\fantasychatit\public\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

why?? :(

I've been playing with osc for less than 1 week, so I can't address your specific error message. But I had similar messages at first and corrected them with these changes.

For windows, do the following in osc:

Administration-->Configuration-->EmailOptions-->Email transport methods = smtp.

Administration-->Configuration-->EmailOptions-->Email linefeeds = CRLF.

In php.ini add this line under:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Module Settings ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP =your.mailserver.net ;This is the line you need to add.

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from [email protected] ;I did not change this from the default and so far it seems to be ok for testing purposes.

This may not be the answer to your whole problem, but at least it will get you further down the path and save you some hair-pulling.

• 6 months later...

cyclepro, that is fantastic. :D

I was mucking around all day with SMTP local servers for my development machine and it was just as simple as that. osCommerce just keeps amazing me with what it can do.

Thanks again

Aaron.

Aaron Dwyer

• 3 weeks later...

I've already set it as SMTP and my php.ini set as

localhost and me@localhost and it works but the problem now is my customers are not receiving any emails from me

and one more error

same error appears everytime i purchase items on my site

the error says:

<b>Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class smtp in C:\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\class.smtp.inc on line 12</b>

Archived