• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPSXML shipping total double? Ship-in-cart?

cgchris99

I am testing the UPSXML module. I also have ship-in-cart installed.

When the default shipping appears in ship-in-cart, the shipping total is double what the ups ground amount is.

And if I select ups 2nd day or next day in the ship-in-cart, the shipping total is zero. Actually, it doesn't show the shipping total if I select 2nd day or next day air.

The ship-in-cart works perfectly with the standard ups module which we all know is not going to be available forever.

thanks for any information.

I have been trying to figure this out. I'm not very good with php so it's a struggle.

For testing:

I did enable both the standard UPS and UPSxml modules along with ship in cart. When I select a standard ups (html) method, the shipping total is fine.

But if I select a ups(xml) method, the shipping total is double.

This leads me to believe the bug is in the upsxml module and not in the ship-in-cart module.

Now, if anyone has any other advice on where to try to fix this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

• 1 year later...
I am testing the UPSXML module.? I also have ship-in-cart installed.

When the default shipping appears in ship-in-cart, the shipping total is double what the ups ground amount is.

And if I select ups 2nd day or next day in the ship-in-cart, the shipping total is zero.? Actually, it doesn't show the shipping total if I select 2nd day or next day air.

The ship-in-cart works perfectly with the standard ups module which we all know is not going to be available forever.

thanks for any information.

I also had this problem.... It is because the upsxml was not resetting the quantity to zero before re-checking, so it was basically adding onto itself in the order total:

I have also added this quick bugfix to the contributions page

upsxml.php,v 1.1.3a 2004/12/12

To fix manually, edit 1 file :

(I have only checked that this fix works on version):

upsxml.php,v 1.1.3 2004/11/27

#in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php
#Around line 200
#FIND

// The old method. Let osCommerce tell us how many boxes, plus the weight of each (or total? - might be sw/num boxes)
? ? ? ? ?
#Right below that line ADD:
$this->items_qty = 0; //reset quantities

That's it.

Edited by jdcdesigns

• 2 years later...
I also had this problem.... It is because the upsxml was not resetting the quantity to zero before re-checking, so it was basically adding onto itself in the order total:

#Around line 200
#FIND

// The old method. Let osCommerce tell us how many boxes, plus the weight of each (or total? - might be sw/num boxes)
� � � � �

That's it.

That solution by Jackie Edwards does not seem to be working. The UPS XML rates are still doubled. Did anybody find any fix to the problem?

Edited by Irin

• 3 weeks later...

trash upsxml and use a UPS Choice.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 8 months later...

#Around line 200
#FIND

� � � � �

That's it.

"When the default shipping appears in ship-in-cart, the shipping total is double what the ups ground amount is."

I was also getting this problem after installing the "ship in cart" module however my ups.xml file was already updated with the "reset quantities" code as outlined above. After researching and working on this issue for many hours, it appeared that this problem was linked to the "Dimensions Support" in the UPS module which was apparently converting 1 item purchased into 2 packages. Since I did not really use this feature, I changed my selection in the "Dimensions Support" from "With product dimensions" to "No" in the Admin panel. So....

Go to the Admin control panel

Click on "Module">"Shipping">"United Parcel Services (XML)"

Click on "Edit"

Select "No" under the "Dimensions Support" category

Click on "Update"

The above settings should resolve the double counting appearing in the "Total Cost Estimate" for the ship-in-cart module.

Good Luck!

Chris