• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Step-By-Step Manual Order

frankl

Yes, the installation is incomplete.

This is one hell of an installation. It took me around seven attermpts to get it working but even then, the orders update and the email notification from the manual order don't work - I have to do it from admin/orders.php to make it work as normal.

Also, as mentioned before if you have stock attributes and discounts installed then you basically have a mission trying to get those to comply with this contribution.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI there, can anyone help me with the edit_orders.php file, i was originally getting all the division by zero errors the same as in post #340, then i went back and i checked if i selected the currency on the first create order page, and now that i have done that i am getting this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/olliphan/public_html/products/admin/edit_orders.php on line 301

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olliphan/public_html/products/admin/edit_orders.php:301) in /home/olliphan/public_html/products/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

Has anyone got a clue??? I'm going crazy here!!!!

HI there, can anyone help me with the edit_orders.php file, i was originally getting all the division by zero errors the same as in post #340, then i went back and i checked if i selected the currency on the first create order page, and now that i have done that i am getting this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/olliphan/public_html/products/admin/edit_orders.php on line 301

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olliphan/public_html/products/admin/edit_orders.php:301) in /home/olliphan/public_html/products/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

Has anyone got a clue??? I'm going crazy here!!!!

I think ive fixed it now, disregard this for the time being!

I have installed this contribution, and everything seems fine until I try to delete an order and pops up with this:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into cancelled_orders_products select * from orders_products where orders_id = '97'

[TEP STOP]

And just cancels it, I need to be able to delete. Any help would be greatful, Thanks

I went to admin->customers->create order->input payment method: credit card->update, i got this:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ben/public_html/oscommerce/admin/edit_orders.php on line 371

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ben/public_html/oscommerce/admin/edit_orders.php on line 476

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ben/public_html/oscommerce/admin/edit_orders.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ben/public_html/oscommerce/admin/edit_orders.php:371) in /home/ben/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 65

I tried Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry 1.8 and Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry 1.5. Both of them have this problem. What is the problem?

It looks like Melinda helped someone with a similar error...her reply:

Now, I remember what caused that.

You didn't choose the currency in the first screen in creating an order after you confirm the customer.

At the very bottom of the customer list you have to pick the currency to not get those errors on the edit_order.php page.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have this working with payment and shipping modules?

Does anyone still want this working with payment and shipping modules, or is there an alternative which allows processing of orders taken offline?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Does anyone have this working with payment and shipping modules?

Does anyone still want this working with payment and shipping modules, or is there an alternative which allows processing of orders taken offline?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I gave integrating the "Ship-in-Cart" module a shot the other day, but since I really know next to nothing about php, I failed miserably.

Part of the difficulty was that "Ship-in-Cart" pulls the weight it needs from the cart table, while Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry pulls the information directly from the order table.

In addition, the ship-in-cart code pulls its functions from the catalog functions (i.e., from the files in catalog/includes ) while any function on the admin side needs to pull the functions from catalog/admin/includes.

I believe that someone who know how to easily get the right functions in the right place and who can solve the problem of using the order table instead of the cart tables could get this to work and solve the shipping issue.

Since I process payments manually, I haven't looked at the issue of getting the payment modules to work.

Hi,

Can anybody please help me to sort products by Model instead of Name when adding a product to the order in admin/edit_orders.php? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Irina.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Or even better, to allow the admin user to enter the model number instead of selecting items from the category structure?

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Or even better, to allow the admin user to enter the model number instead of selecting items from the category structure?

If someone who knows php and sql can look at the following, I suspect we can get a quick mod done. Here's what I'm looking at:

In edit_orders.php, after the lines

// ############################################################################
//   Get List of All Products

There is an sql selection that reads:

$result = tep_db_query("SELECT products_name, p.products_id, x.categories_name, ptc.categories_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id=p.products_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " ptc ON ptc.products_id=p.products_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd ON cd.categories_id=ptc.categories_id LEFT JOI[/quote]N " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " x ON x.categories_id=ptc.categories_id ORDER BY categories_id");

Obviously, we first need to get the model number in the query. Can we just add p.products_model after p.products_id?

If we change the ORDER BY line from categories_id to products_model, is there a downside? Can we sort by categories_id and then by products_model? How?

This data is then extracted using the following php code:

while($row = tep_db_fetch_array($result))
	{
		extract($row,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"db");
		$ProductList[$db_categories_id][$db_products_id] = $db_products_name;
		$CategoryList[$db_categories_id] = $db_categories_name;
		$LastCategory = $db_categories_name;
	}

What do I need to do to add the model number to the $ProductList line? (I'd like the pop-up list to actually contain first the title and then the model number -- and I need to limit the length of the title to say 50 or 75 characters). How do I limit the length of the product name and then concatenate a space and the model number on the end?

I think that's probably all the code that would need to be changed to sort by model.

Can someone tell me what to change?

Edited by klarsen

If someone who knows php and sql can look at the following, I suspect we can get a quick mod done.

OK, so it wasn't as difficult as I assumed. I did a little research, made the following changes, and came up with what I needed:

In edit_orders.php, after the lines

//   Get List of All Products

There is an sql selection that reads:

$result = tep_db_query("SELECT products_name, p.products_id, x.categories_name, ptc.categories_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id=p.products_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " ptc ON ptc.products_id=p.products_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd ON cd.categories_id=ptc.categories_id LEFT JOI[/quote]N " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " x ON x.categories_id=ptc.categories_id ORDER BY categories_id");

change to

$result = tep_db_query("SELECT products_name, p.products_id, p.products_model, x.categories_name, ptc.categories_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id=p.products_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " ptc ON ptc.products_id=p.products_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd ON cd.categories_id=ptc.categories_id LEFT JOI[/quote]N " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " x ON x.categories_id=ptc.categories_id ORDER BY categories_id");

I haven't figured out why, but using ORDER BY categories_id, products_model doesn't sort the resulting dropdown list.

Then, in the following php code that extracts the data, change the following:

{
		$ProductList[$db_categories_id][$db_products_id] = $db_products_name;
	}

to:

{
		$ProductList[$db_categories_id][$db_products_id] = substr($db_products_name, 0, 50) . '  --  ' . $db_products_model;
	}

Note: in the line that starts $ProductList, you can change the number 50 (last element in the substr function) to the maximum length you want your product name to be. You can also change the code between the single quotes (i.e., the spaces and dashes in the following: . ' -- ' .) to whatever you want to use to separate the model number from the product name.

That's it!

Why did I need to do this? My site sells books -- including many different editions of a particular title. Since the title is the 'product name', when I try to add an item using edit_orders.php, I often get a list of the same product name repeated multiple times (e.g. eight or ten different editions of "Tom Sawyer"). But each edition has a different price and a different ISBN (the product model!). With the above modification, I can now tell which edition I'm getting, and verify with even those listed once that the item I have selected is the item the customer expects.

Make sense?? It does to me. I hope its also helpful to someone else.

Since it isn't necessarily useful to everyone, I suggest that anyone considering adding it to the code for this contribution do the extra coding to make it optional -- something that can be turned on or off in a configuration setting.

Ok... I have installed this mod... I used winmerge and tweak everything along the way cause there's seemed to be a few things not right. But along the way I must have done something I shouldn't...

my shopping cart doesn't empty. I did a test order and paid wiht Paypal... and somehow what was in my cart stays there eventhough I did get sent back to my checkout success page and clicked continue. Whatever was in my cart is still there. Now when I use the check money order stuff it doesn't happen.\

but I do know that when I was doing the mod... the winmerge had conflicts in my orders.php files and customers.php file because I had done some mods htere for Paypal IPN prior to that. Now I know that my Pyapal IPN was working fine prior... so I know this is something I did this time around.

Anyone know of a quick fix for this or at least to point me in the right direction?

thanks

Yes, the installation is incomplete.

This is one hell of an installation. It took me around seven attermpts to get it working but even then, the orders update and the email notification from the manual order don't work - I have to do it from admin/orders.php to make it work as normal.

Also, as mentioned before if you have stock attributes and discounts installed then you basically have a mission trying to get those to comply with this contribution.

I gave up and just got rid of the whole "member_flag" shabang... apart from not being able to have that useful "send new password" /// am I missing anything... because from what i see at this point... I am able to create orders, edit existing orders and create an account. So I have alarm bells ringing that I might be overlooking something... forgot to say that when I edited an existing order and tick NOTIFY... the email was sent and received... so am I in the clear?

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed this - and everything looks like it is working except one thing.

The /admin/create_account.php comes up with no content. It has the left menu, top and "Add a New Customer" - but that is it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Philip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't have exactly your problem but i did have this:

When adding new customer through admin, this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\modules\account_details.php on line 486

haven't been able to fix this either. Tried the different version of account_details.php in step by step with no luck. If i figure it out i will post a reply

I do believe I followed the instructions for installation as written..... (at least I think I believe I did)... but when I go to the admin - modules sections the sts module does not show up.

I even tried reinstalling by going to www.mydomain.com/catalog/update_database.php and I get the message "Looks like Header Tags is already installed. Aborting..."

Can someone give me a guess what I did wrong? :blush:

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

• 2 weeks later...

okay i have everything working correctly now. BUT is there away to change the drop down box to say a search in create_order.php? my clients shop has 3K plus shoppers and its hard to go through them while taking the order over the phone. in firefox you can type out the last name and it finds it. but not in IE. there has to be a better way to select the account then the drop down menu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just installed this contrib and it appears to be working pretty good but I have noticed a few problems (none of them too serious) that need addressed.

1) The customer gets two emails titled "Your order has been updated" I've only updated the order once, so why would 2 emails get sent? Each email has a status of Processing. The order was only updated to this status once, as is clearly indicated on the create order page, so it's not a case of accidentally hitting the button twice. I even tested it more than once to make sure I wasn't crazy. I'm sure our customers don't want their inboxes filling up with repetitive emails, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

2) The box for payment method isn't a dropdown. It's free-form text. There is code in the contrib to create the orders_pay_methods table, as well as to populate it with a few values. I did create the table and I did add the values. (Yes, I confirmed this by going back to mySQLadmin and checking the table.) I was assuming this field would be a dropdown and it would use those values. Am I mistaken or is there a problem?

3) There is no shipping method selection. I was under the assumption that, because I added the orders_ship_methods table (and values), I would be presented with the option of actually using it. (I know. Silly me...)

4) The 'Add a product to this Order' button is a dead link. Just shows up as a white box with the red x in it. This is purely cosmetic and not really a big deal but since I was mentioning problems, I figured I'd throw it out there.

I apologize if any of these issues have been brought up and solved already. I went through about 10 pages of this post (including all the more recent ones) and didn't see anything.

Add-Ons personally installed:

Step by Step Manual Order -- Request Reviews -- Reviews in Product Listing -- Reviews in Product Display -- Review Approval System -- Leverage Browser Cache --
Header Tag Controller -- Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu -- Follow Us Box -- View All Products -- USPS Shipping Labels -- UPS Shipping Labels -- Monthly Sales/Tax Report --
htacess Optimisation -- Remove Unused Images -- Master Password -- Admin Change Customer Password -- Database Backup Manager -- Zero Stock Report --
Searchbox Search In Descriptions -- Easy Populate 2.76i -- Barcode Rendering -- Admin Sort By Model -- Products Purchased Report

Add-Ons personally developed:

Search for email address, etc in Orders -- Discontinue Product

Add-Ons installed by others:

View Counter -- Site Monitor -- Image Thumbnailer -- Database Optimizer -- Recaptcha -- Discount Coupons -- Add More Fields

Does anyone have an update on how to make this compatiable with QTpro? After all, what happens if the catalog shows attributes like small, medium and large but the admin doesn't show the attributes? What about the stock control?

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the create order page show the QTPro stock?

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone that would like to install this contribution for a donation? I tried installing it a couple of times but my php knowledge isn't that great. Please email me if you are interested. I would like to get this installed ASAP.

Much appreciated!

Jeff

Hello,

I'm getting an IE error every time I manually create account. The message says:

Line: 28

Char: 3

Error: 'document.account_edit.password.value' is null or not an object

Code: 0

URL: https://shop.com/admin/create_account_process.php

Line 28 is var password = document.account_edit.password.value; from the admin/includes/form_check.js.php.

Can anybody please help to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.