The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Step-By-Step Manual Order

frankl

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

This is a great mod. I've been used it for a while and notice that sometimes when I create the order, it does not update the inventory correctly. It's not consistent. Once in a while, i noticed that the stock level is not updated after i add an item into the order.

Anyone experience the same?

do you have any other contributions added, which may conflict until they are update too - like Stock/Attributes?

if you add this contribution to a fresh install it should update the stock to the correct levels

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

ok, even if there is noone replying to the posts, is anyone atleast reading these thing? :-"

Tec,

After I thought about it, I guess it really isn't a big deal since you wouldn't need to create an order without any products. It would just be better to recieve an error message like "You have not added any products to this order! Please add at least one product!" or something it would look better.

Steph <_<

Hi,

Each time I create an order for a customer the price of the item is always 5% less than the cost of the item.

We are using the gift voucher contribution also but do not have any voucher listed for exactly 5% so don't know if this can conflict.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Each time I create an order for a customer the price of the item is always 5% less than the cost of the item.

We are using the gift voucher contribution also but do not have any voucher listed for exactly 5% so don't know if this can conflict.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This can't conflict because you have to manually input your GV or Coupons to get the discount and as it stands no one has yet added the discounts facility to this contribution.

It must be something else. What other related contributions have you installed?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

This can't conflict because you have to manually input your GV or Coupons to get the discount and as it stands no one has yet added the discounts facility to this contribution.

It must be something else. What other related contributions have you installed?

This is a list of contributions installed:

+ gift voucher

+ shipping estimator

+ FexEx real time Quotes

+ free shipping with 0 weight

+ Froogle Data feeder

+ Ad tracker

+ step by step order entry

+ links manager

+ estimated shipping called "ship in cart"

This is a list of contributions installed:

+ gift voucher

+ shipping estimator

+ FexEx real time Quotes

+ free shipping with 0 weight

+ Froogle Data feeder

+ Ad tracker

+ step by step order entry

+ links manager

+ estimated shipping called "ship in cart"

hmmmmm... on the basis of what you've installed, I have no idea why there is a 5% difference. At least if you had some sort of product attribute contribution installed it could possibly point to that and a fix found...

can you elaborate slightly more on what the full issue?

CHOOCH

hmmmmm... on the basis of what you've installed, I have no idea why there is a 5% difference. At least if you had some sort of product attribute contribution installed it could possibly point to that and a fix found...

can you elaborate slightly more on what the full issue?

It's a real mystery to me but this is what I do:

1. create an order for an existing account and confirm, select currency and go to next screen

2. choose a product that costs $139.00 on the site

3. it charges 132.05

x a Standard Heavy Kit 6 x 10 1-A-10-6sh % $132.05 $132.05 $132.05 $132.05

Hint: To delete a product set its quantity to "0".

Also has this same price for #4:

4. Discount, Shipping and Total

Total Price Component Amount

Subtotal : $132.05

Tax : $0.00

Total : $132.05

Now, if I put a price adj in the #4 section I will get the correct price:

4. Discount, Shipping and Total

Total Price Component Amount

Subtotal : $132.05

price adj 6.95

Tax : $0.00

Total : $139.00

But the #3 section listing does not change:

3. Ordered Products

Qty Products Product Model. Tax Price (excl.) Price (incl.) Total (excl.) Total (incl.)

x a Standard Heavy Kit 6 x 10 1-A-10-6sh % $132.05 $132.05 $132.05 $132.05

Then I send myself an email and log into my account and it says I paid $132.05

I tried it again with a different product that cost $66 and the create an order shows $62.70 so it is definitely 5% taken off across the board.

Thanks!

It's a real mystery to me but this is what I do:

I just tested the system and I think I got it!

There is a wider problem wit this that applies to product/attributes related contributions too... but in your case I think it comes down to the items set in 'specials'....

.... unfortunately whatever items you have in specials (even if the status is set to red) still show the item at the set discount. Until a fix is found to use in the admin/edit_orders.php file I suggest you keep manually adding the discount+ to equate for the price. It's either that OR you'll have to delete all of your specials items.

Even though you probably use all of your specials and they are important to your store, you can of course delete just one special and add that item to your manual order - then you'll se the correct price come up.

I haven't used manual order entry since installing it but if I get time to try and find a fix I will post it :-)

CHOOCH

I just tested the system and I think I got it!

There is a wider problem wit this that applies to product/attributes related contributions too... but in your case I think it comes down to the items set in 'specials'....

.... unfortunately whatever items you have in specials (even if the status is set to red) still show the item at the set discount. Until a fix is found to use in the admin/edit_orders.php file I suggest you keep manually adding the discount+ to equate for the price. It's either that OR you'll have to delete all of your specials items.

Even though you probably use all of your specials and they are important to your store, you can of course delete just one special and add that item to your manual order - then you'll se the correct price come up.

I haven't used manual order entry since installing it but if I get time to try and find a fix I will post it :-)

Thanks so much and I appreciate it!

Thanks so much and I appreciate it!

I've spent the best time of around 3 hours looking for a fix and got side-tracked with that attributes issue I mentioned...

... I need to finish off my other projects and then take a detailed look. Damn I wish I was a php guru

CHOOCH

I tried installing this contrib but am getting a fatal error :/

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_encrypt_password() (previously declared in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:81) in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/password_funcs.php on line 33

since the same function is in password_funcs.php I just skipped the edit for general.php ...

- New Problem -

When I try to click 'confirm' it's trying to go to http://catalog/admin/create_account.php .. it's not passing the address...

Code:

print "<form action='$PHP_SELF' method='GET'>\n";

seems right, what's wrong with PHP SELF?

Ok i fixed the PHP_SELF error.... most of everything seems to be working but when I click 'update' on the edit_orders page I get teh following error:

Warning: Division by zero in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 371

Warning: Division by zero in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 371

Warning: Division by zero in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 476

Warning: Division by zero in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php:476) in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 86

[quote /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php:476) in /data/7/0/74/43/400858/user/408127/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 86

Make sure there are no empty lines at the very bottom of the page after the ?> tag.

Hey modom,

thanks for the reply... I checked and there was 1 extra empty space at the bottom, i took care of that but still get the same error..

Contribution in use:

Admin Access Levels

Seperate Pricing Per Customer

Now, I remember what caused that.

You didn't choose the currency in the first screen in creating an order after you confirm the customer.

At the very bottom of the customer list you have to pick the currency to not get those errors on the edit_order.php page.

Thank you...

everything seems to be working fine now.. is there some sort of quickfix I could do which makes it automatic? since USD is the only currency I use anyways.

No big deal.. just wondering.

I also noticed it displays the currency a little odd on the orders page.. other orders are shown as $111.50 but manual made orders display 111,00 USD

Ok i fixed the PHP_SELF error.... most of everything seems to be working but when I click 'update' on the edit_orders page I get teh following error:

it really is helpful to the forum if you post exatly what is was that you did to make the error disappear

CHOOCH

well... since i'm no PHP coder and I know what I did is not the best way, just the most simple.

Since my server wasnt passing $PHP_SELF I replaced it with $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] which didn't work for me either... so I just did it the oldschool way and typed the actual file name 'edit_orders.php' instead :)

that got all my buttons working....

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a "send new password" link on the /admin/customers.php page, but file /admin/password_forgotten.php is not in the contribution. Is this something that is being developed?

Or is there something I can edit in my /catalog/password_forgotten.php so it will work as /admin/password_forgotten.php?

Thanks for any advice with this

sj

For those who are as lazy as I am, I have adjusted the code in my create_order.php file:

This will automaticly select the DEFAULT_CURRENCY in the dropdown menu.

For those who only have one currency, it should select that currency (if it is set to default).

Original cod:

if (tep_db_num_rows($result) > 0)
	{
			// Query Successful
		   $SelectCurrencyBox = "<select name='Currency'><option value='' SELECTED>" . TEXT_SELECT_CURRENCY . "</option>\n";

while($db_Row = tep_db_fetch_array($result))
			{
					$SelectCurrencyBox .= "<option value='" . $db_Row["code"] . " , " . $db_Row["value"] . "'";
					$SelectCurrencyBox .= ">" . $db_Row["code"] . "</option>\n";
			}

$SelectCurrencyBox .= "</select>\n";
	}

Replacement code

if (tep_db_num_rows($result) > 0)
	{
			// Query Successful
			$SelectCurrencyBox = "<select name='Currency'><option value=''>" . TEXT_SELECT_CURRENCY . "</option>\n";
			while($db_Row = tep_db_fetch_array($result))
			{
					$SelectCurrencyBox .= "<option value='" . $db_Row["code"] . " , " . $db_Row["value"] . "'";
					if ($db_Row["code"] == DEFAULT_CURRENCY) {
					$SelectCurrencyBox .= "SELECTED>" . $db_Row["code"] . "</option>\n";
					}
					else {
					$SelectCurrencyBox .= ">" . $db_Row["code"] . "</option>\n";
					}
			}

$SelectCurrencyBox .= "</select>\n";
	}

Sorry if my code lookes bad, but I insterted it with spaces :)