• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Step-By-Step Manual Order

frankl

Hi,

I'm having difficulty with displaying the option value names when you add a product.

For example, if a product has a choice of colours it displays a drop down box but there is no text in the box. I managed to play around with the code and get it to display the ID number for the colour, but it refuses to work with the name.

Anyone else having this problem/got a solution?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've got this workin on my site (and playing nicely with several other mods).

Has anyone gotten this to work AND process in realtime with Authorize.net?

If not I'd be willing to offer some compensation to make is so. Please contact me directly at " kb<at>bugroom.com "

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest - just reading through this mod and the forum and having installed it myself.

The same question gets asked over and over - how can Live Payments to Gateway be processed or how can an order be added so a customer can log in and checkout.

Well after a quick think I uninstalled the mod and now I open an account from the front end - add items to cart - log out and email customer login details and instructions.

I suggest to some -- that they do the same.

Well after a quick think I uninstalled the mod and now I open an account from the front end - add items to cart - log out and email customer login details and instructions.

That works for users without an account - but what to do if the account already exists?

I have the manual orders added to my admin (I love this contribution - thanks) I wanted to know how to add more choices to the drop down list, updated in 3 places, the edit order, the order.php pages and the email sent.

I wanted to add

Choose action - as the default (No Message Sent)

E-mail Customer (email define: Message To Customer)

I write the same messages to my customers if there a way where I can choose automatic messages in the comments. or Snippets?

Thanks

Elizabeth

I have the manual orders added to my admin (I love this contribution - thanks) I wanted to know how to add more choices to the drop down list, updated in 3 places, the edit order, the order.php pages and the email sent.

I wanted to add

Choose action - as the default (No Message Sent)

E-mail Customer (email define: Message To Customer)

I write the same messages to my customers if there a way where I can choose automatic messages in the comments. or Snippets?

Thanks

Elizabeth

I am hoping to get help anyone have any ideas?

thanks for this contibution

Elizabeth

I am having a similar problem as other people. I have looked through the posts and haven't seen a solution yet though. When I try to create an order--I add a product, select the format and when I click "Confirm" I get this error:

1146 - Table 'XoopsProd.specials' doesn't exist

select * from specials where products_id ='265'

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

I am having a similar problem as other people. I have looked through the posts and haven't seen a solution yet though. When I try to create an order--I add a product, select the format and when I click "Confirm" I get this error:

1146 - Table 'XoopsProd.specials' doesn't exist

select * from specials where products_id ='265'

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Ahh, I think I fixed my own problem...in case anyone else runs into this:

in edit_orders.php around line 494 I had to change

$rs_offerte = tep_db_query("select * from specials where products_id ='". $add_product_products_id."'");

TO

$rs_offerte = tep_db_query("select * from xoops_shop_specials where products_id ='". $add_product_products_id."'");

I think this was just a problem because my tables are named differently than the typical distro because I am running OSC integrated into the Xoops content manager.

Anyway, cheers! A GREAT module!

I have a question about shipping within this contribution. I dont see reference to it on the edit_order.php page. What am I missing? I would like to be able to send an email to the customer with tracking information.

thanks

Edited by oldworldcharms

Is there a way to make the "Add Order" process automatically email a set address when a new order is entered. For us, one person enters in the orders and another person needs to be notified of the order so they can package and mail it.

In the general OSCommerce settings, there is a field called "Send Extra Order Emails To" which will cause people to get emails when an order is processed using the shopping cart, but manualy orders aren't getting emailed out.

Many thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction here.

Thanks!

I have a problem with the tax/vat calulation. When I add a product to a manual order the price (.excl) and price (.incl) are calculated correctly in section 3. Ordered Products

But in section 4. Discount, Shipping and Total

The subtotal is calculated as the price (.incl) and tax is added a second time to the final total of the order.

Incedentally when just viewing an order the sub total is calculated as price (.incl) too.

I guess the problem is one and the same but I don't know what to change.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've installed step_by_step_orders_v1.4 from 12 Mar 2005. I have a few problems with this contribution.

1. When I go to admin/Create Account, under Addresss I have Suburb listed twice but no City:

Add a New Customer

Personal Details

First Name:    required

Last Name:    required

E-Mail Address:    required

Company Details

Company Name:   

Address

Street Address:    required

Suburb:   

Post Code:    required

Suburb:    required

State/Province:    required

Contact Information

Telephone Number:    required

Fax Number:   

Options

Newsletter:  Subscribed 

Notify Customer? : 

2. When I slide my mouse over Confirm button, it says IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM. The same with Back button: IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE.

3. When I go to admin/Create Order, I have no dropdown menu to select Payment and Shipping Methods, just a simple field to type a text.

4. When I create a new order through admin and select Notify Customer, no email has been sent.

5. Just a wish: how can I add a custom product which is not in my product' list. When click Add Product in Create Order to have a dropdown list of already available products and an additional field in case there is a custom product and it's not in my products' list.

Thanks a lot. I'll appreciate your advises. :rolleyes:

Irina.

• 2 weeks later...

has anybody been able to fix this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/halfto2/public_html/htb_admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/halfto2/public_html/htb_admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

1. When I go to admin/Create Account, under Addresss I have Suburb listed twice but no City:
Add a New Customer

Personal Details

First Name:    required

Last Name:    required

E-Mail Address:    required

Company Details

Company Name:   

Address

Street Address:    required

Suburb:   

Post Code:    required

Suburb:    required

State/Province:    required

Contact Information

Telephone Number:    required

Fax Number:   

Options

Newsletter:  Subscribed 

Notify Customer? : 

2. When I slide my mouse over Confirm button, it says IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM. The same with Back button: IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE.

3. When I go to admin/Create Order, I have no dropdown menu to select Payment and Shipping Methods, just a simple field to type a text.

5. Just a wish: how can I add a custom product which is not in my product' list. When click Add Product in Create Order to have a dropdown list of already available products and an additional field in case there is a custom product and it's not in my products' list.

The contribution includes a link to 'Add a new product' to an order, has anyone modified the contribution to allow the deletion or modification of items ordered?

thanks

Oldworldcharms, you were right about the Order Status, but what about the rest of my questions? Do you know the answers? And an addition question: how a customer can pay for his/her order if there is no option for that (not in e-mail, not in Order Details in My Account)? Is it a possibility to add a "Pay Now" button to email sent to customer, if order to be processed through PayPal?

Thanks,

Irina.

hi all

i have a fairly modded version of oscommerce with masses of contributions installed.

I would love to add the manual order contrib but the instructions seem to be all over the place and hard to follow and also the files contained with the v1.4 files clash with my existing ones, i.e. the edit_orders.php file is completely different to my file.

I dont have the luxury of a dev server so need to know this contrib will be ok if i add to my live site ;)

Does anyone have a definitive set of installation instructions for this contrib and also know why i already have an edit_orders.php which is different to the one for this contrib ?

I do have the held orders contrib installed but thats the only one i can think of that is anything to do with the orders system

When I create invoices or shipping labels I get the sub-total, shipping, and total text in french. I found where in the code it is but I don't know how to fix it.

<?php
? ?for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>' . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>' . "\n";
? ?}
?>

It displays it as this:

Sous-Total : 0.00 
TVA : 0.00 
R?duction : 0.00 
Livraison : 0.00 
Total : 0.00

Edited by stev02

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Can somebody help me fix some problems with this contribution?

1. When I slide my mouse over Confirm button, it says IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM. The same with Back button: IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE. Where should I define them?

2. When I go to admin/Create Order, I have no dropdown menu to select Payment and Shipping Methods, just a simple field to type a text. Is it possible to add a drop-down menu to admin/edit_orders.php for Payment and Shipping Methods?

3. When a new order is created no email is sent to customer, just when order is updated. How can I make it send an email when order has been created, not updated (with email subject: Your order has been created nor Your order has been updated)?

4. How a customer can pay for his/her order if there is no option for that (not in e-mail, not in Order Details in My Account)? Is it a possibility to add a "Pay Now" button to email sent to customer, if order to be processed through PayPal?

Thanks a lot. I'll appreciate your help. :rolleyes:

Irina.

I've noticed in version 1.3 that some tax issues were resolved. I've installed version 1.4 and have a problem:

I'm from Canada, and any Canadian orders have 15 % taxes applied to the product and 15% to the shipping. When I edit an order (anything in the order) and press update, the shipping tax is recalculated to the product and not the shipping. For example:

Before:

Sub-Total: $240.00CAD

United Parcel Service (XML) : $17.17CAD

7.0% GST + 8.0% PST (Ontario): $36.00CAD

7.0% GST (shipping) + 8.0% PST (shipping):$2.58CAD

Total: $278.58CAD

After:

Sub-Total: $240.00CAD

United Parcel Service (XML): $17.17CAD

7.0% GST + 8.0% PST (Ontario): $36.00CAD

7.0% GST (shipping) + 8.0% PST (shipping): $36.00CAD

Total: $329.17CAD