• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Step-By-Step Manual Order

frankl

what is exactly in those lines you're referring to? Is it the lines below? It's not exactly lines 31-37 but it would probably make sense to comment them out. The question is if it's going to interfere in any ways with random password creation.

You could have tried out my suggestion and the only way to find out about the interfering is if you actually tested it.... I don't have those lines in my file and everything works fine with no errors that you get that's why I suggested it to you.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have tried out my suggestion and the only way to find out about the interfering is if you actually tested it.... I don't have those lines in my file and everything works fine with no errors that you get that's why I suggested it to you.

The only way to get rid of that error message is to comment out the following lines in admin/includes/form_check.js.php:

// var password = document.account_edit.password.value;

// var confirmation = document.account_edit.confirmation.value;

and

/* if (document.account_edit.elements['password'].type != "hidden") {

if ((password != confirmation) || (password == '' || password.length < <?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD_MIN_LENGTH; ?>)) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo JS_PASSWORD; ?>";

error = 1;

}

}*/

I've created an additional page createPOaccount.php based on "PURCHASE ORDER ACCOUNT APPLICATION" contribution. If anybody needs it, I can share.

When I initially create an order and send notification to the customer, everything appears to work fine. However, if I go in and edit/update an order, and send notification to the customer, they receive an email with the subject as "EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT". For some reason it's not putting the value in there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

i think i still using Step By Step Manual Order entry v1.4 is there any step to let me upgrade to Step By Step Manual Order entry v1.8?

Hasn't anything above 1.4 got lots of bugs? I can't remember which one I have installed either

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hasn't anything above 1.4 got lots of bugs? I can't remember which one I have installed either

bugs? um .. .i'm not sure but the 1 i using 1.4 when i create order for my wholesaler and vip the price is same as retails price... ~

any 1 has any ideA?

bugs? um .. .i'm not sure but the 1 i using 1.4 when i create order for my wholesaler and vip the price is same as retails price... ~

any 1 has any ideA?

without looking at your wholesale contribution it can't be said for sure but whatever code applies to make the discount possible (i.e wholesale discount in your case) needs to be added to edit_orders.php as that is where the costs prices are to go. I'm pretty sure you need to copy 'that' part of the code in there.

CHOOCH

Hi i have this come up: What have i done wrong and how do i fix it? Thanks Sam

Warning: main(includes/modules/account_details.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/samueljc/public_html/admin/create_account.php on line 73

Warning: main(includes/modules/account_details.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/samueljc/public_html/admin/create_account.php on line 73

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/account_details.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/samueljc/public_html/admin/create_account.php on line 73

without looking at your wholesale contribution it can't be said for sure but whatever code applies to make the discount possible (i.e wholesale discount in your case) needs to be added to edit_orders.php as that is where the costs prices are to go. I'm pretty sure you need to copy 'that' part of the code in there.

ah .. then need to check again

ah .. then need to check again

yes, look at your checkout_payment file and concentrate on the code you added which makes your wholesale discount possible - then try replicating that code in the edit_orders.php file.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem after installed step_by_step_orders_v1.8

When I try add a new customer get an page with just the text "Add a New Customer" and rest of the page is empty.

When I make a new order its working to pick a customer but when im confirm its just shows an empty page.

After that then im checking orders list the order is there but its empty and i cant modefy it.

there is a serious bug with this contribution, it isn't straight forward to install.

do you have a templated site?

CHOOCH

Does anyone have an easy way to remove the STATE text box in create account and make it a drop down?

Why don't you copy your code from create account and paste it where that code appears in admin create account?

CHOOCH

Is there an older version that works better?

I don't know if an older version works better..... what i do remember is having to play around with the code significantly to get it to work, you will have to too. About the template, it shouldn't affect the contribution as most your template is for the store front end and not the admin end.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...

I might have missed post already which resolved this issue - but I didn't find it.

I have noticed that system only adds attribute price, and refuses to substract any discounts (price_prefix minus).

---------------

Example:

product - size: normal; price: £100

attributes:

product - size small: - £ 25 (attribute discount minus £25)

product - size large: + £30 (attribute price increase plus £30)

---------------

Anybody has any fix for that?

==============================

here are a few minor things from me:

==============================

Since My version of osCo is heavily customized I cannot dish out install-ready files.

If you want to use these few changes - insert them by hand.

Apply changes to: step_by_step_orders_v1.8

============================================================================

CHANGE 1: reason: original code returns Special Price even if Special offer is disabled or expired, this change will let you store system to switch back to regular price, if special price is disabled or expired,

IS:-----------------------------

// risolviamo il bug delle offerte

$rs_offerte = tep_db_query("select * from specials where products_id ='". $add_product_products_id."'");

$offerte = tep_db_fetch_array($rs_offerte);

if ($offerte)

{

$p_products_price = $offerte['specials_new_products_price'];

}

SHOULD BE: -----------------------

/* */ // risolviamo il bug delle offerte

// change by jp

$rs_offerte = tep_db_query("select s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where p.products_id = s.products_id and s.products_id ='". $add_product_products_id ."'");

$offerte = tep_db_fetch_array($rs_offerte);

if (($offerte['specials_new_products_price'] >= 0) && ($offerte['status'] != 0))

{

$p_products_price = $offerte['specials_new_products_price'];

} else {

$p_products_price = $offerte['products_price'];

================================== END========================

CHANGE 2: reason: when adding product with attributes, it is good to know what's the price change during operation itself - a purely informative accent for person taking order ... showing gross values

step1:

IS: ----------------------------

// Skip to Step 4 if no Options

// Skip to Step 4 if no Options

$options_tax_query = tep_db_query("select tr.tax_rate, p.products_tax_class_id, tr.tax_class_id from " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " tr, ". TABLE_PRODUCTS ." p where products_tax_class_id = tax_class_id AND p.products_id = '" . $add_product_products_id . "'");

$options_tax = tep_db_fetch_array($options_tax_query);

step 2:

IS:-----------------------------

extract($row,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"db");

$Options[$db_products_options_id] = $db_products_options_name;

$ProductOptionValues[$db_products_options_id][$db_products_options_values_id] = $db_products_options_values_name;

// change by jp ...

extract($row,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"db");

$Options[$db_products_options_id] = $db_products_options_name;

$ProductOptionValues[$db_products_options_id][$db_products_options_values_id] = $db_products_options_values_name;

$ProductOptionValues[$db_products_options_id][$db_products_options_values_id] .= ' ';

$ProductOptionValues[$db_products_options_id][$db_products_options_values_id] .= $db_price_prefix;

$ProductOptionValues[$db_products_options_id][$db_products_options_values_id] .= number_format($db_options_values_price * (1 + ($options_tax['tax_rate'] / 100)),2);

// to get nett values remove following: * (1 + ($options_tax['tax_rate'] / 100))

================================================================================

=

CHANGE 3: reason: adds discount and shipping as gross

IS ---------------------

$RunningTax += $ot_value * $products_details['tax'] / $order->info['currency_value'] / 100 ; // corrected tax by cb

//// corrected by jp

$RunningTax += ($ot_value /** $products_details['tax']*/ / $order->info['currency_value']) /1000000000000 ; //

// *)tax commented out to change nett discount to gross

// **) divided by 1000000000000 to avoid round-up discrepancy (mistake) up to a billion range

================================================================================

=

CHANGE 4: reason: shows attribute price difference as gross (with tax)

IS ---------------------

// Has Attributes?

if (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) {

for ($j=0; $j<sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j++) {

$orders_products_attributes_id = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['orders_products_attributes_id'];

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' .

"<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][attributes][$orders_products_attributes_id][option]' size='32' value='" . tep_parse_input_field_data($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'], array("'"=>""")) . "'>" .

': ' .

"<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][attributes][$orders_products_attributes_id][value]' size='25' value='" . tep_parse_input_field_data($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'], array("'"=>"""));

if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';

echo "'>";

echo '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

SHOULD BE : -------------------------------

// Has Attributes?

if (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) {

for ($j=0; $j<sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j++) {

$orders_products_attributes_id = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['orders_products_attributes_id'];

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] .

': ' .

$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'] * (1 + ( $order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100)) , true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';

// delete * (1 + ( $order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100)) to put back net values -- fixed by jp

echo '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

=

CHANGE 5: reason: if you do not like disappearing elements in "Discount, Shipping and Total" section, find and comment out (or delete) as below

/*

elseif (($ot_total_id > 0) && ($ot_class != "ot_shipping")) { // Delete Total Piece

$Query = "delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_total_id = '$ot_total_id'";

tep_db_query($Query);

}

*/

=

CHANGE 6: reason: if you'd rather live without occasional mish-mash of order of elements in "Discount, Shipping and Total" due to sort order change in database add following code to continually realign it:

// 1.5.2.2b - Let's take care of mixed-up sort order. // inserted by jp.

$Query = 'UPDATE ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . ' SET

sort_order = "1"

WHERE class = "ot_subtotal" AND orders_id = "' . (int)$oID . '"';

tep_db_query($Query);

sort_order = "2"

WHERE class = "ot_customer_discount" AND orders_id = "' . (int)$oID . '"';

tep_db_query($Query);

sort_order = "3"

WHERE class = "ot_shipping" AND orders_id = "' . (int)$oID . '"';

tep_db_query($Query);

sort_order = "4"

WHERE class = "ot_tax" AND orders_id = "' . (int)$oID . '"';

tep_db_query($Query);

sort_order = "5"

WHERE class = "ot_total" AND orders_id = "' . (int)$oID . '"';

tep_db_query($Query);

• 3 weeks later...

There are huge portions missing from the version I downloaded over a year ago - unfortunately it looks like those issues are still not resolved.

It took me ages to code and re-code this contribution to get it to work on my site. Anyone wanting to add this contribution needs to be aware that it isn't going to be easy.

CHOOCH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

First of all, great contrib! When I get the last issue to work it will work fine for me..

I´ve installed the 1.8 version...

To prevent people to have to read through 22 pages of forum as I have did I have only wraped up some information useful for me,

that I´ve found.

I still need to get the "Send new psw" link to work, if I don´t remember wrongly (I might it was 03.40 am last night)

It worked before I took away the member_flag lines from catalog/admin/customers.php

speaking of wich, to get rid of the problem with not be able to edit customer information but getting the error message

said earlier in the thread about c.member_flag just take out everything with member_flag from

catalog/admin/customer.php

NOTE:

When taking it out from this code:

$sql_data_array = array('customers_firstname' => $customers_firstname,
							'customers_lastname' => $customers_lastname,
							'customers_email_address' => $customers_email_address,
							'customers_telephone' => $customers_telephone,
							'customers_fax' => $customers_fax,								
							'customers_newsletter' => $customers_newsletter,
			'member_flag' => $member_flag);

Make sure to make it look like this: (after $customers_newsletter)

$sql_data_array = array('customers_firstname' => $customers_firstname,
							'customers_lastname' => $customers_lastname,
							'customers_email_address' => $customers_email_address,
							'customers_telephone' => $customers_telephone,
							'customers_fax' => $customers_fax,								
							'customers_newsletter' => $customers_newsletter);
//								'member_flag' => $member_flag);

you could also take away the last line compleatly...

Also to get rid of another issue stated earlier in the thread where the fix is to set the currency when creating an order.

Do this to get your default currency right away.

in catalog/admin/create_order.php

Find:

if (tep_db_num_rows($result) > 0)
{
// Query Successful
$SelectCurrencyBox = "<select name='Currency'><option value='' SELECTED>" . TEXT_SELECT_CURRENCY . "</option>\n";

while($db_Row = tep_db_fetch_array($result))
{
$SelectCurrencyBox .= "<option value='" . $db_Row["code"] . " , " . $db_Row["value"] . "'";
$SelectCurrencyBox .= ">" . $db_Row["code"] . "</option>\n";
}

$SelectCurrencyBox .= "</select>\n";
}

and replace with:

if (tep_db_num_rows($result) > 0)
{
// Query Successful
$SelectCurrencyBox = "<select name='Currency'><option value=''>" . TEXT_SELECT_CURRENCY . "</option>\n";
while($db_Row = tep_db_fetch_array($result))
{
$SelectCurrencyBox .= "<option value='" . $db_Row["code"] . " , " . $db_Row["value"] . "'";
if ($db_Row["code"] == DEFAULT_CURRENCY) {
$SelectCurrencyBox .= "SELECTED>" . $db_Row["code"] . "</option>\n";
}
else {
$SelectCurrencyBox .= ">" . $db_Row["code"] . "</option>\n";
}
}

$SelectCurrencyBox .= "</select>\n";

Now back to my problem....

I get this message when trying to send a new psw to a customer:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Any suggestions?

My php and sql skills are very limited but I have managed so far... but now I´m stuck!!!

So please help!!!

Sincerly

//Talle

PSW issue fixed.

This is what I did.

Downloaded this contrib:

Admin Send Password 1.2

Took out this from password_forgotten.php in the contrib:

function tep_encrypt_password($plain) {
$password = '';

for ($i=0; $i<10; $i++) {
  $password .= tep_rand();
}

$salt = substr(md5($password), 0, 2);

$password = md5($salt . $plain) . ':' . $salt;

return $password;
 }

This is allready stated in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

in this contrib, if you take it out from general.php other things will crash.

then I uploaded Password_forgoten.php from the contrib to catalog/admin never mind the replace text as instructed in install file for the psw contrib, what it do is only to add a button instead of the "send new password" link, and in my opinion it´s to easy to hit the button by mistake and all of a sudden you start changing passwords....

If you prefer the button and don´t want the "send new password link" do as instructed in the install file of Admin send password contrib.

Then find this in catalog/admin/customers.php

<a href="' . tep_href_link('password_forgotten.php', 'cID=' . $cInfo->customers_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_send_new_password.gif', 'Send New Password') . '</a>');

Replace with this:

');

and you should have the button there instead...

(If you have uploaded the button image to catalog/admin/includes/languages/english (or your language) /images/buttons from the Admin send password contrib that is.)

Don´t know if this has been to any help at all but since a whole lot of people have been complaining about this contrib I hope my 2 posts to this thread might have helped someone.

Bare in mind that I know nothing of PHP programing, have a heavily modified shop with LOADS of contribs installed but managed to install this in about 8 hours.

My conclusions of 8 hours work is posted here so it shouldn´t take you more than 30 mins, if you get the same errors as I did that is..... :huh:

All credit goes to the author/s of this contrib and the people posting helpful posts in this thread!

If someone could find a way to make the payment alternatives into a dropdown menu I´d gladly try it...

Sincerly!

//Talle

REMEMBER TO BACK UP, BACK UP AND BACK UP AGAIN BEFORE YOU INSTALL!!!!

Still my skills are to bad to support anyone if you try my solution, so use at you own risk.