• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to replace Os Commerce banner?

Hello guys, i am a freshman, i have no knowledge of php what-so-ever.

Therefore, I will need as much help as possible from the family in here :unsure:

Could somebody kindly please point me out to where and how i can replace the os commerce banner after fresh installation?

thank you in advance

You just need to edit the file header.php (located in /includes/).

On line 57 or so you'll find a function called tep_image that takes two arguments. Replace the first section with the filename of your modified header image, and the second with whatever you want the alt text to be.

Hope this helps.

On line 57 or so you'll find a function called tep_image that takes two arguments. Replace the first section with the filename of your modified header image, and the second with whatever you want the alt text to be.

Hope this helps.

How do I change the index title? It says oscommerce? :unsure:

On line 57 or so you'll find a function called tep_image that takes two arguments.  Replace the first section with the filename of your modified header image, and the second with whatever you want the alt text to be.

Hope this helps.

How do I change the index title? It says oscommerce? :unsure:

In /includes/language/language/index.php, on line 48 or so there's a define() function from which you can change the page title.

Leave the 'TITLE' alone unless you plan to change the variable name.

Saad... I know you don't need PHP experience but it surely helps. I mean it's really a debugging exercise. You know index.php is run.... so natural instinct would be to look in theor and follow the code to find out how the header gets built.

Dan

Archived