• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

teanas.com

kinetek

hello all, i would appreciate any feedback regarding my store.

the store is at: teanas

please do not make any test orders unless you want some of the best quality black tea available. :)

please check out the tea lab as that is one of the distinguishing features of this site from other tea vendors.

i used the following contributions and i thank those who contributed them. nearly all of them i had to modify to fit my needs:

- geotrust/skipjack payment module (i'll be updating this contribution soon as i've noticed a few issues, mostly textual and installation when i actually began using it in a live store)

- customer discount

- big images

- option type feature (i loved this contribution as you will see)

- down for maintenance

- individual ship

- customer update cart reminder

- batch order print

and a big thanks to the oscommerce developers and community.

great site!!! your conversion of the infoboxes is great!!!

#maybe you should try to decrease image files size....

#in the product_info file, at the top it seems you are showing other products that other customer bought.... maybe you should explain that..

if you click in the special infobox you go to a page like this

http://www.teanas.com/product_info.php?products_id=48

but it you access to that product form the categories you get this

http://www.teanas.com/product_info.php?cPa...&products_id=48

#try to have the same page for the same product!!! unless you do this because you wanna, try to use the funcion tep_get_path in the special module...

#also, i think you forget to create a infobox when a product has no reviews..

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

What can I say? Your site is spot on! Great use of colours and the customisation is very very cool A big thumb up from me!

The option type mod works a treat as well!

Can I ask was there a mod for the "how did you find out about us?" on the account creation screen?

Dan

thanks for your feedback!

thank you for finding that bug emiliano. i'll look into it asap. and i decided not to have the reviews infobox as well as many of the standard infoboxes because i felt they weren't necessary. the reviews show up under each product but as there are no reviews at the moment, there's nothing to show.

and i'm also aware of the slow loading times. even if i save the thumbnail images of the products at 4 in photoshop they still are over 10k which is strange. but i'll get to optimizing the site this week.

Hi Paul,

Very good use of colour and the navigation is exellent.

I notice that you have done away with the product categories usually found top left of the screen and instead have made good use of icons at the top of the screen. When I click on say, tea, it presents me with a box showing all varieties of tea. If you are in admin and say add another flavour to tea, will this automatically update in your list of teas on the front end(front page) or do you have to manually add it? I'm just a bit confused as to how you did that bit.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness

Hi Paul,

Very good use of colour and the navigation is exellent.

I notice that you have done away with the product categories usually found top left of the screen and instead have made good use of icons at the top of the screen. When I click on say, tea, it presents me with a box showing all varieties of tea. If you are in admin and say add another flavour to tea, will this automatically update in your list of teas on the front end(front page) or do you have to manually add it? I'm just a bit confused as to how you did that bit.

just for saving time, that bit is hard coded right now (as are a lot of things with the site). i don't expect much product turnover so it's not that much of a big deal. i'll be making it dynamically update it someday but its not much of a priority

oh and i forgot to mention, if you would like to purchase some tea while you're there just type in "oscommerce" without the quotes in the comments field when checking out and you'll get 10% off your order.

What can I say? Your site is spot on! Great use of colours and the customisation is very very cool A big thumb up from me!

The option type mod works a treat as well!

Can I ask was there a mod for the "how did you find out about us?" on the account creation screen?

that was hardcoded in the create_account.php page, added a new column in the customers table and edited customers.php in the admin directory to show it.

thanks for your feedback burt. yes, we want to be known as a fun company as we're catering tea to a younger generation (20's - 30's). feel free to submit a couple words yourself if you're up to it.

it's great to see that most of the feedback is mostly good. lol

Your Cart is bust.

I just tried to purchase a product, pressed "add to cart". It shows as added in the cart infobox.

If I then press checkout it tells me "your cart is empty - fill it up!"

Not good!!

hth

can you try it again burt and tell me if it does it again?

as for the tea lab being submitted as contribution, i'll look into it. as of now, it is REALLY not osc-friendly and i don't see how it could be used in other stores. it isn't that flexible either as a lot of it is hardcoded to fit my site which itself is heavily modified. a large portion of my almost 800 attributes is for the tea lab. but if you can give me some good uses for it, i'll try and clean it up to contribute. i just don't want to contribute something if no one's going to use it. it's kind of like trying to sell a car when no one knows how to drive.

do you have cookies enabled? what browser and os are you using?

could you please list in detail the steps you took. it should take you to the create_account.php page when clicking checkout if you haven't already logged in

I just tried a test order, as far as the credit card info anyway (I didn't feel like giving you that fake Visa number.) Everything worked fine -- no problems setting up an account and the cart didn't vanish at any point. I'm using Opera 6.05 on Windows 2000 SP4. I also tried the same thing using Mozilla 1.4, with exactly the same results. I got lazy with IE 6.0 and signed in with one of the previous accounts, but still no problems seen. Cookies are enabled on all of the above browsers. The cart seems to work just fine.

In Opera (when I'm logged in) the upper right corner of the page looks like this:

og

off | my account | checkout

The "og" is outside the page in the yellow background. It appears that there is not enough room to display the "log off" so part of the word is getting pushed out of the table. This is minor but annoying.

I also hate sites that make me create an "account" first before buying anything. I suspect that this will chase off some of your customers. I recommend the Guest Account Contribution (or something similar) to eliminate this barrier.

I like your store design. Obviously you have put a lot of work into this, and it shows. Well done!

Oh, and I added a word. This part is absolutely irresitable for those of us who love puns. Extra points for putting this in.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

do you have cookies enabled? what browser and os are you using?

could you please list in detail the steps you took. it should take you to the create_account.php page when clicking checkout if you haven't already logged in

Cookies enabled on IE6.

Add to cart, click checkout. Transfers to https:// and cart is empty.

burt,

i've looked through the bugs mailing list and found a possible solution and implemented it.  can you please check again if it happens again.  thanks!

Try adding this to your .htaccess file:

Exactly the same (in Internet Explorer).

Works perfectly in Mozilla though.

IE6, cookies enabled - yours is the first Osc store I have ever had problems with. If I'm having problems, others will too.

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

#in the product_info file, at the top it seems you are showing other products that other customer bought.... maybe you should explain that..

if you click in the special infobox you go to a page like this

http://www.teanas.com/product_info.php?products_id=48

but it you access to that product form the categories you get this

http://www.teanas.com/product_info.php?cPa...&products_id=48

#try to have the same page for the same product!!! unless you do this because you wanna, try to use the funcion tep_get_path in the special module...

at the top of the product_info.php file, that is the product listing.

i don't have any products linked from the specials infobox. i think you might mean the what's new or bestsellers box. well depending on the cPath variable in the url, it would display elements or not display them as some things only apply to certain categories. i think it's fixed now. btw, i couldn't find the tep_get_path in the specials module (there is no specials module and i couldn't find it in the specials box)

That didn't work either. Same problem. 

thanks for trying burt. i'll try to find a solution, although this will be difficult as i won't know when it's fixed. lol. but i'll look around and see if i can reproduce the problem on any of my friend's computers.

Archived