• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article description in different languages

randolph.sternberg

Hi everyone, I?m new here and not too experienced. I?m just trying to set up an international shop and I would like to have the articles in the shop to be described in different languages, so if you click the german flag, the description of the products should be in german, if you click the spanish flag in spanish and so on...

I already contacted the support guys from Auctionweb for a solution, but they had no clue how this could be done. I can?t believe this should be an unsolved or really new issue, but thanks a lot to anyone who can hint me how I can best approach this issue.

Randolph

If your 3 languages are install (by default they are) when you enter a new category or products the 3 fields are there for you to fill (english, german and spanish)

The_Bear

• 1 year later...

Hello I have got exactly the same problem!

Updating an international oscommerce Webshop by the means of auctionweb.

Have you found a solution during the last 2 years?

Greets, fzr_exup

You have to enter the descriptions in the different languages. Oscommerce doesnt do it for you.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hello thanks for your answers!

I know that I have to enter the description for each language...the german one is present - the others are free (not filled out)

but there is no description available

NEW SHOP:

http://zau30.zaurus.luxadmin.org/algozone/catalog/

NO! description at all available....

Old shop:

http://s00120715.shop.auctionweb.info

here strictly the same description is displayed correcty in HTML

Hope someone knows why...

greets fzr_exup

Not sure where you are wanting the description to show up but when you click an image on the page you linked it takes you to the review page. Not the product info page.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived