• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with cookie usage

:D I am curremtly having trouble my site telling me to enable cookies within my browser I am 100% certain my cookies are enabled?

I have also go as far as to disable "force cookie usage" under the configuration session window. After doing that I can get to the login.php page without a problem, yet after I attempt to login with a valid user name and password it automatically redirects me to my store main page again without logging me in. "in the welcome

sentence on the main page the message stats log yourself in still.

Hopefully someone can hepl me out with this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Mark

• 2 months later...

it is most likely the way you have your cookies set in your configure.php

go to http://www.fieldtemplate.com/catalog and see if you get a force cookies. try to create an account and see what you get.

Then go to the browser, i use explorer, tools, internet options, settings, view files, and then sort by date, look at the latest date and see what you get. should get whatever name you are logged into your computer as plus the @fieldtemplate.com, ie [email protected] is the cookie i get.

dear mibble,

thanks for posting url. Any suggestions on where I may have gone wrong?

below is my config:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/dvd/store/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/dvd/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

I did get a force cookie from your site. Below is contents of cookie received:

cookie_test

please_accept_for_session

fieldtemplate.com/

easiest is to leave cookie path for all of them, at '/'

for the cookie domain use '.domain.com'

i had to tease you guys, so you could see that cookies do work, and see if you were watching at what is going on behind the scenes dealing with cookies.

this software is missing one other part of the cookie, in that it should have a 'COOKIE_NAME' section.

The most likely case is that you have a "personal firewall" on your system. Here are some examples:

Norton Firewall

McAfee Firewall

ZoneAlarm

Outpost Firewall

These beautiful programs have ad blocking and cookie killers. Most allow you to permit cookies, but the default is set to squash them. You can test, at risk, by shutting the firewall off and visiting the site.

Please send beer and gratitude to [email protected].

PS The windows firewall that comes with XP doesn't squash cookies.

The most likely case is that you have a "personal firewall" on your system. Here are some examples:

Norton Firewall

McAfee Firewall

ZoneAlarm

Outpost Firewall

These beautiful programs have ad blocking and cookie killers. Most allow you to permit cookies, but the default is set to squash them. You can test, at risk, by shutting the firewall off and visiting the site.

Please send beer and gratitude to [email protected].

PS The windows firewall that comes with XP doesn't squash cookies.

moth: it is not the firewall... I have tested that, by turnign it off and also setting browser to accept all cookies.

Mibble: tried the changes you mentioned with no luck. also what do you mean by "this software is missing one other part of the cookie, in that it should have a 'COOKIE_NAME' section. "

is configure.php supposed to have define('COOKIE_NAME','cookienamehere');?

Archived