• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with email while checking out.

cyclepro

On check out this is what I get:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>... Relaying denied in e:\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

email.php lines 499-504:

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

}

}

I have searched the list for this warning and came up empty.

From an earlier problem that I had, TomThumb suggested:

php.ini

SMTP=smtp.mydomain.net

[email protected]

So I entered the appropriate SMTP info at the correct location in php.ini. Now I get the above warning.

Where do I go from here? Since this box is just for initial testing, should I have set up smtp=me.localhost (or something like that) instead of a real (external) mail server?

Apache/1.3.28 (Win32), PHP/4.3.2, oscommerce-2.2ms2, MySQL 3.23.49 on win2k workstation.

<VENT>I don't mind editing files, but I would like to do them all at once instead of running in circles chasing error messages. I realize that osc is a works in progress and that good documentation is forthcoming. But for the time being, it is very time consuming and frustrating to accomplish the simplest of tasks. Most good "documentation" seems to be only what is found on this list. I say all of this reluctantly 'cause I imagine that after trudging through many hours of grunt work, it will suddenly "click" and I will think "jeez, this isn't so hard afterall". If/when that happens, I think I'll join the documentation team!</VENT>

Archived