• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to change the shop title

jdawes

this should be really simple but i have nfi. how do i change the title on my shop, it persistently says, oscommerce. have been through all the config and had a look around in a few files, is there a language file that handles this?

Jeremy Dawes

I'm having a problem changing the text of the main page. When I change anything in english.php (even if it's just swapping out the osCommerce title with my own, I get this error when trying to add items to the shopping cart:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webstore/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:336) in /home/webstore/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I've tried several times, and I always get the same error. As soon as I change the title back to oscommerce, I'm fine. I've even tried just leaving the title blank, and still the same error. I am so frustrated! :blink: Please help!

I was just using the cpanel "edit file".

I went ahead and downloaded phpedit, and it worked!

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I was about to start pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem was! :P

I changed the name (osCommerce) by replacing the image oscommerce.gif. I simply made my banner and saved it as oscommerce.gif and uploaded it. It ask me if I wanted to overwrite the image and I clicked yes. It worked :0)

/catalog//images/oscommerce.gif

Archived