• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

wwpcs.com almost ready with a 'for slae by owner'

daithi

any feedback/testing appreciated on WWPCs appreciated...

it is another for sale by owner with no charges intended for people in Ireland.

I will advertise my own products on the site where users can go through the checkout process but users can also enter their own IT related goods and the user should not be able to check them out - they should see a contact owner button instead of add to cart. This should bring them to an email page where they contact the owner directly.

If a user uploads a product, they should see an edit item button at the bottom of their add when logged in - users who don't own the add should not see this button or have access to edit the add.

also, when a user logs in, they should see a new box on the top left with links to adding a product/editing their products.

as i said, any testing appreciated. feel free to upload products but nothing unsuitable for kids...

i will trash the db products every now and again over the next few weeks, but feel free to add links - they will be kept there if approved.

Thanks, daithi.

you copied the apple site... (the header is way to much apple style)...

the font size in the categories tab is (i think) 2 or 4 pixels over the best size...

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

I like.... what contribution did you use to do the whole allowing your customers to add their own products? I really like that and that's something I am loking at doing... of course I would be looking at having a listing fee etc...

Dan

emiliano -you copied the apple site... (the header is way to much apple style)...

i did... the apple site is a great example of a massivly succesful online store & also looks great, so i figured there is no harm in borrowing some ideas from there....

emiliano - the font size in the categories tab is (i think) 2 or 4 pixels over the best size...

they look fine here, but I am using a high resolution - what res are you using?

ModYourCar - what contribution did you use to do the whole allowing your customers to add their own products?

it is a script i put together but is all over the place at the moment - i'm not much of a coder...i used it on another site fairly similar to this one, only property related - you can see it here.

I havn't realesed it as a contrib as it uses extra db fields for some of the property/product details so requires changes to a lot of pages to display these fields, but if you do want a basic striped down version i'm sure i can clean it up to do so...

thanks for the feedback.

anybody want to try uploading any test items? editing them, using the contact owner and so on???

kinetek - would look better if the top navigation was brought down a bit...

I thought about that, but don't have a logo and not sure if i want one there, i think i like it with the nav bar at the top...

since it's the weekend, i have been playing a bit more and since this site will be a user run site - ie. users will submit their own items for sale, i added another few contribs/hacks - registered users can now submit news that will display on the front page and under the relevant news category (full of rubbish at the moment) - using a hacked links manager.

I also aded the ability for registered users to add events to the events calendar contrib.

i'm sure these features are still a bit buggy, so if you want to play around with them, please do...

thanks for the feedback, daithi.

Sites looking good

thanks...

How did u get the gradient blue to fade over the categorie headers - was that a mod ?

no mod, it is a background image.

where did u get the buttons from

I found them on the contribs, here, for any extra ones that i need that aren't included I use a script I have installed on a simialr site here, replace the 'button text' in the url with your own text.

what mod was used for the main menu tabs at the top?

again, no mod - not the best solution as it is hard coded and not language based, but if you want to do some thing similar - just create a new table in your html editor of choice and paste the code to the top of includes/header.php.

It looks somewhat like a MacOS theme (Aqua I think) - I ask as I made a couple of MacOS themed sites over the weekend and one of them does look a little like yours :)

It's kinda nice, but the graphics could do with a bit more work..I'd also remove the Oscommerce Graphics from the "pageheading" areas.

Also, (in my opinion only!!) - you are suffering what most Osc Store Keepers do, and that is that you have too many infoboxes !!

Overall, pretty standard Osc layout, but with some nice graphical changes (though those graphics could be made a bit sweeter)...and it's nice that you have changed the button set to match the rest of the site.

• 1 month later...

I tried your site, it looks very good, it is easy to use, congratulations !!!

I loaded a for sale monitor (with a smailey face as the photo) I receive the email notification and also tried the contact owner button and it wroked perfectly I receive both email notifications.

If possible I would like further information about the scripts you use to allow the user to upload products and images, I understand it's a script you developed???

Regards,

Freddy

I just thought it was cool .... i really don't need one ... i just mentioned it is all. My shop that i'm building is selling my used video games and DVDs, classifieds would defeat the purpose. Thanks for the info though, i'll bookmark it or download it just incase i need one later.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived