• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Send Email function for oscommerce

Hi Everyone,

Got a quick question. I want to send out email messages to my registered members through "Send Email" function in admin section. However when I receive email from this (testing out), it shows From: ***@server1.abovehost.net (this is my hosting company's server name not my email address)

I think this is a funk with osCommerce not having a 'from' address in the mail headers in the php mail() function for that page. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

The problem is my customers can't reply back to this email, they get: "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender"

Is there any way to setup so the email comes from my existing email address? Thank you so much in advance =)

Best Regards,

when you go to the admin section of OSC,

in configuration>mystore

what do you have for e-mail address? do you have your email in there that you want to show "from"

digi

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

what do you have in both email slots?

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

I had the same problem. It was explained to me by the hosting company that the service does not send an email to my own domain. I have to use something like account%[email protected] to send the emails. This is no problem for the contact us email, but OSC also puts it into customer emails (I thought the from field in the config tool would stick my real address in - but it doesn't)

http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Particularly:

<?php
mail("[email protected]", "the subject", $message,
    "From: webmaster@{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}\r\n"
   ."Reply-To: webmaster@{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}\r\n"
   ."X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());
?>

Amend Osc code to fit and see if that will cure your problem.

Archived