• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ADC - Advanced Connection Method Install

sneakersource

Hi Folks.

I have seen that a lot of people have been having problems with the install for ADC for authorize.net. Well, i can assure you that it is not the script or the php as i ripped it all apart and there was notthing wrong. The problem lies within your server.

To check what install of Curl and path easily through your admin panel go to -

Tools > Server Info

On this page scroll down to see if the curl variable is there or press CTRL + F and type in curl in to the search box. You need to find the Curl heading. Mine reads like this

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7b ipv6 zlib/1.1.4

Now you have found this you know whether you have curl, if it is not there you have not. If you have not got it, well you have 2 options, contact server admin and ask them to install cURL and openSSL and connect them together or change to a server that has this capabilities. (see bottom)

Download this file - Authorizenet ADC Direct Connection Contribution and extract to a directory and call this ADC (just work in this folder)

Then you need to configure the authorizenet_direct.php script within this file. This is dead easy. The main possible variables for my server (Linux Based i assume) are

/usr/bin/curl or /usr/local/bin/curl

Modify this at the bottom of the authorizenet_direct.php page.

Use the readme file to set up the control panel settings in Authorize.net and MAKE SURE YOU GET A NEW TRANSACTION KEY! (I emphasise this as we have changed the data in authorize.net account)

Once these variables have been set uninstall the standard authorize.net module in your admin payment module section. Upload the new files to the server as per folder structure within the ADC folder(Please Note: If you have installed any modules that have modified the checkout_process.php file (for instance - OSAffiliate) please make the relavant changes to this new file to add them contributions on. It is easier to add to this file then to add the new file to the existing checkout_process.php file.) Overwrite the existing files and then reinstall the modification in the admin panel.

Add the transaction Key from authorize.net and configure the variables in the payment admin for this and you have installed the ADC successfully.

I hope this helps you because i could have done with this before i installed it and tried to break it apart to find errors. I spent 3 days trying to put a test through and i got sick of the warning at the top.

Are you having host troubles?

My host is pretty cheap and the features are endless. Like - 1000MB Storage, Free Domain or Domain Transfer, 500 Email accounts with webmail or Pop, A Massive 30GB Data Transfer per month, PHP Support, MySql, SSI, Frontpage 2000/2002 Extension, shared (free) SSL Secure Server, Password Protected Directories, Free Content like news etc, Search Engine Position Report, Gif Optimizer, Banner Creator, $50.00 advertising credit at Overture, and one of the most comprehensive site stats programs available. It also includes serveral shopping carts pre-installed including osc (version 2.1 so i suggest a new install to the database).

This costs me $96 Per Year. I can not beat this anywhere on the net and i have been working on here for years. The domain alone would cost you about $20.

If you have an interest in the hosting, email me and i will email you a full feature list and a link for the host.

If you install on their server, i will provide support for the installation of this ADC MODULE (only this 1) after a fresh install (or site transfer) has taken place successfully. I can help install and test before a domain is transfered for seamless switch between hosts.

Drop me an email and i will give you a hand. I usually reply within 24 hours.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Well, thank you for reading all this and i hope i have helped you.

Marc :D

Archived