• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

warning on oscommerce configuration(NW Install)

Chin-Chin

At the end of the installation process of oscommerce y receive this warnings :

Warning: fopen(/webserver/s001/domain.com/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/webserver/s001/domain.com/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

Then I go to the administration tool an i receive this :

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in \\webserver\s001\domain.com\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Anyone who knows why ???

Hello Chin-

Please forgive the ignorance in my post if you have already done this. :rolleyes:

But, have you made sure that permissions have been correctly set for all files, directories and users of those files and directories?

I was pulling my hair out about httpd authentication in Apache until I figured that one out! ;)

I hope this helped.

Peace,

Sixosix

"Everything was fine until dickless here turned off the power."

"Is this true?"

"Yes. It's true. This man has no dick."

-Ghostbusters

Don?t worry Sixosix...

Honestly, I hire a Hosting with all items necessary for oscommerce, but I don?t have access to the real folders, only from my domain root and folders.

So, I am literally fighting with this hosting service provider, they are making tests, but I think that if someone here just tell me only what to do and then talk about with my HSP...

Hope someone knows how.....

now i am pulling my hair out !!!!

Thnx

Chin

I am using ipowerweb, and dont know if my fix just relates to their site or to OS. anyway I just changed the permission of \catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php to 706. I am not sure if I need to change it back after installation, but I will probably change he chmod back to 644 or something after install..

Tell me if you get it fixed and what you do afterwards.

Archived