• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Layout and Look

spartan2

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best way to modify the site so it looks totally different from the default setup. Ive been looking around on here and ive seen some really amazing sites.

In more detail what is the best and easiest way to change the site, but using a GUI instead of code based modifications. I am confident with HTML and am picking up PHP and CSS, but because OScommerces structure is very indepth its hard to make modifications and see the results straight away.

What programs should I be using?

Where are the best places to get tutorials? (CSS, HTML, PHP and OScommerce)

Thanks in Advance for any help provided :)

There are a couple of template systems that you can install on your OSCommerce store that will give you some flexibility over the customization of your shop.

STS - Simple Template System

BTS - Basic Template Structure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I located BTS but have not installed it yet because I was not sure if it would do the job. I had to reinstall my store a few days ago after accidentally overwriting the configuration.php file *doh*

Is BTS still code based, or is there a application i can use to modify it via a GUI

Archived