• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search=nada: Help: State Missing, Tax Miscalc, etc

umnitza

This is my take:

On my site, it assumes that ALL registrants are from CA. After suburb, there is no mention of STATE, however, when I required state, even though it wasn't listed, it would still error and ask for a state - though no field was available for input.

<b>Here's what I need:</b>

I want to re-enable the state drop down menu.

I want that re-enabled drop down menu to signal to the system that this registrant (account holder) has a different state than CA.

I want it NOT to calculate state sales tax unless that registrant is from CA.

Additionally,

For paypal, the system is just passing a "title" to the paypal system. I currently have to go back to the online reporting tool to find out which registrant ordered what by checking the invoice.

Is there some way that using the old fashioned PAYPAL HTML code, it could pass the product title and model name to Paypal?

I've searched, but frankly, I'll admit it, I'm lazy and can't find what I'm looking for in 5 minutes or less.

PLEASE HELP!

I guess it might have been faster to actually look yourself, huh?

If you want to be lazy, you might want to consider hiring a developer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I guess it might have been faster to actually look yourself, huh?

If you want to be lazy, you might want to consider hiring a developer.

The reasons you replied with a jerk off response are?

I've hired a developer, he can't find it because he set up another site that is set the same way and it doesn't have the same issues.

Additionally, I have to run a business, I chose this software mostly because of what appeared to be a large community of help.

I guess I chose unwisely?

Anyone else with some desire to help?

I guess because you said,

frankly, I'll admit it, I'm lazy and can't find what I'm looking for in 5 minutes or less.

Which honestly, makes *you* sound like the jerk. The answers you are looking for are in this forum, and have been covered dozens of times previously.

You did choose incorrectly if you thought that you could be lazy, and every question you had was going to be handed to you on a silver platter, or solvable within 5 minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Actually,

when I searched for his first question regarding the State code missing, the search came up with nothing.

That is the primary concern he's having it seems. The paypal issue is a seperate note.

Roman

I guess because you said,

frankly, I'll admit it, I'm lazy and can't find what I'm looking for in 5 minutes or less.

Which honestly, makes *you* sound like the jerk. The answers you are looking for are in this forum, and have been covered dozens of times previously.

You did choose incorrectly if you thought that you could be lazy, and every question you had was going to be handed to you on a silver platter, or solvable within 5 minutes.

it would have taken you less time to respond than to bitch about my board etiquette.

Please help if you are so inclined.

it would have taken you less time to respond than to bitch about my board etiquette.

I did respond, I wasn't complaining, and etiquette has nothing to do with it. I was hoping to encourage you to do a more through job of searching through the forums instead of asking questions that have already been asked and answered over and over again.

I spent a couple of minutes in the forum seach (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=11), and i believe I was able to find some relevent topics for you. If these topics ARE in fact relevent, then I would hope that this will prove to you how usefull the seach facillity can be, and encourage to to use it better to your advantage.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...i+know+what+you

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...56&hl=state+tax

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61032&hl=

Best of luck.

when I searched for his first question regarding the State code missing, the search came up with nothing.

My initial response has to do with umnitza giving up on his search of the forums within the first five minutes of his quest. One search on one keyword is *not* sufficient in many cases. And new OSC users should not expect answers to be handed to them.

I did respond, I wasn't complaining, and etiquette has nothing to do with it. I was hoping to encourage you to do a more through job of searching through the forums instead of asking questions that have already been asked and answered over and over again.

I spent a couple of minutes in the forum seach (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=11), and i believe I was able to find some relevent topics for you. If these topics ARE in fact relevent, then I would hope that this will prove to you how usefull the seach facillity can be, and encourage to to use it better to your advantage.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...i+know+what+you

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...56&hl=state+tax

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61032&hl=

Best of luck.

ok, first one fixed - thank you wizard

second one done - still no fix - it charges everyone tax, no matter what state.

paypal tackled later;)

My initial response has to do with umnitza giving up on his search of the forums within the first five minutes of his quest. One search on one keyword is *not* sufficient in many cases. And new OSC users should not expect answers to be handed to them.

actually, since I'm a member on at least 40 different forums, I'm quite accustomed to doing a search.

In 5 minutes, I browsed the site with about 10 searches for what I thought were relevant search terms.

It's just learning the lingo;)

Archived