• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RMA Returns error for 2.2 MS2

Hey wassup everyone. Can anyone help me with the situation that I have:

I have RMA System installed. Admin/Return.php isnt showing that 'final_price' of product with attributes. Only shows original 'product_price' w/ tax. Can anyone help me please. Thanks.

F Dot Element

Hello,

sorry for my bad english.

I have install the Contrib RMA Returns system (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1136/category,all/search,returns+rma).

If I click the Submit Button in return_product.php, I get an Error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

I think that is a Problem because my Provider has got the Register Globals Switch Off.

Can You help me?

Bye

Steve

I think that is a Problem because my Provider has got the Register Globals Switch Off.

Can You help me?

Bye

Steve

Yep, ask them to turn them on or search the forums osCommerce works best with globals on unfortunately.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

--- TO DO LIST ---

Here are a list of features that would invaluable but I lack the time and knowledge to make them happen right now, maybe someone else can provide these features with a future update?

* Make RMA system able to handle the return of an entire order with multiple items

* Make RMA system able to handle return of one item and then maybe another of the same product if multiple qtys of the item were purchased; currently you can only request a return on an item once even if you ordered 6 of the same thing and only returned 3 the first time.

How about to be able to set numbers of days when RETUN THE PRODUCT link is available? It would be a professional Feature.

How about to be able to set numbers of days when RETUN THE PRODUCT link is available? It would be a professional Feature.

Sounds like a great idea! Please post an update to the board and contribution when you're finished with this upgrade!

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Anyone instrested in getting paid to finish the TODOs?

I have a sooner than later need for:

* Make RMA system able to handle the return of an entire order with multiple items

* Make RMA system able to handle return of one item and then maybe another of the same product if multiple qtys of the item were purchased; currently you can only request a return on an item once even if you ordered 6 of the same thing and only returned 3 the first time.

PS: The idea (posted earlier) to set a return limit is nifty too.

Sam M. - Seattle

• 1 month later...
I'm having the same problem with the RMA number not showing up. I tried changing the colors and still nothing. Any thoughts?

RMA_Returns_2.5c / OSC 2.2 MS2 / PHP 4.3.11 / MySQL 4.0.25-standard

I am having the same problem with the RMA number not showing in the catalog/return_product.php although it does show up in the url:

/return_product.php?action=sent&rma_value=81740608295&return_id=7

I used a file comparison program to look at catalog/return_product.php against admin/return_product.php as the rma_value was passed if the return request was made from admin/return_product.php.

I found the following difference:

catalog/return_product.php Line 297:

<td class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => '<center><font color=cc0000 size=3px><b>' . TEXT_YOUR_RMA_NUMBER . $HTTP_GET_VARS['rma_value'] . '</b></font></center>'))); ?></td>

admin/return_product.php Line 304:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<center><font color=cc0000 size=3px><b>' . TEXT_YOUR_RMA_NUMBER . $HTTP_GET_VARS['rma_value'] . '</b></font></center>'; ?></td>

I tried replacing the above code from catalog/return_product.php with the code from admin/return_product.php, as this did return the rma_value but am still experiencing the same problem; "Your RMA Number is:'BLANK SPACE'.

If anyone who has experienced this problem has found a solution I would be very grateful for a work around.

Thanks in advance! :'(

RMA_Returns_2.5c / OSC 2.2 MS2 / PHP 4.3.11 / MySQL 4.0.25-standard

I am having the same problem with the RMA number not showing in the catalog/return_product.php although it does show up in the url:

/return_product.php?action=sent&rma_value=81740608295&return_id=7

Thanks in advance! :'(

In return_product.php, find the line that says:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN . '?action=sent&rma_value='. $rma_value . '&return_id=' . $ticket_id));

and change to:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN . urlencode('?action=sent&rma_value='. $rma_value . '&return_id=' . $ticket_id)));

This will prevent the & in the url from getting converted to & which is what the problem is. If you take the url you used above, and simply change the 2 places it says & to just & (deleting amp;) you'll find it will work. This code change prevents this from happening.

Dan

Dan Stevens

In return_product.php, find the line that says:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN . '?action=sent&rma_value='. $rma_value . '&return_id=' . $ticket_id));

and change to:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN . urlencode('?action=sent&rma_value='. $rma_value . '&return_id=' . $ticket_id)));

This will prevent the & in the url from getting converted to & which is what the problem is.  If you take the url you used above, and simply change the 2 places it says & to just & (deleting amp;) you'll find it will work.  This code change prevents this from happening.

Dan

Thank you for your help Dan! :)

Deleting the two instances of 'amp' from the url does return a page with the rma number. I have added urlencode to the line, as above, but now when that page is called i get a 404 error. The url returned is as follows: /catalog/return_product.php?action=insert&oID=96&products_id=82

The curious thing for me is that if i log the returns request from the admin section (admin/return_product.php) it returns the rma value along with the correct url. On closer examination of the two files, catalog/return_product.php & catalog/admin/return_product.php, they are almost identical. The catalog/admin/return_product.php does not use the urlencode but does return the rma number correctly.

The relevent parts of the two files are below:

catalog/product_return.php

// redirect to confirmation
	 //tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN . urlencode('?action=sent&rma_value='. $rma_value . '&return_id=' . $ticket_id)));
       } else {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] = 'new';
       }
       break;
      case 'default':
      tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
      break;
   }
 }
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_RETURN);
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, '', 'NONSSL'));

catalog/admin/product_return.php

// redirect to confirmation
       } else {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] = 'new';
       }
       break;
      case 'default':
      tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
      break;
   }
 }
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_RETURN);

<td class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => nl2br($text['return_text_one'])))); ?></td>

catalog/admin/product_return.php

<td class="main"><?php echo '<center><font color=cc0000 size=3px><b>' . TEXT_YOUR_RMA_NUMBER . $HTTP_GET_VARS['rma_value'] . '</b></font></center>'; ?></td>

I have had a good read of php manual under urlencode etc and W3C recommendation for dealing with ampersands in url attribute values but am running out of ideas.

Any input is greatfully received. :'(

<td class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => nl2br($text['return_text_one'])))); ?></td>

>_< Sorry, should be:

Hello,

Thanks for this contribution. It seems to be great even if I didn't have any chance to try it because...

"Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem. "

That's what I get when I click on the RMA Administration. All the other modules administration work perfectly.

Please help...

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Hello,

Thanks for this contribution. It seems to be great even if I didn't have any chance to try it because...

"Access Denied 

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem. "

That's what I get when I click on the RMA Administration. All the other modules administration work perfectly.

Please help...

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

You have admin levels installed on your backend. You need to goto the top category in your menu or whichever menu is the Administrator menu and enable the rma files for the catalog section. If you are confused by this search the forum or read the documentation for the Admin Levels contribution.

You have admin levels installed on your backend. You need to goto the top category in your menu or whichever menu is the Administrator menu and enable the rma files for the catalog section. If you are confused by this search the forum or read the documentation for the Admin Levels contribution.

Thank you lotssssssss

Works great!

Thank  you lotssssssss

Works great!

No problem! :thumbsup:

can anyone tell me where I can change the text that says:

Non-defective products are subject to a 12.5% re-stocking fee. All returned products are evaluated thoroughly before a final decision is made.

, couldn't find where the 12.5% was stored.

Thanks !

Hi friends :)

I installed RMA v2.5e on a lite moded oscommerce ms2 "about 10 contr, installed inc. Gift Vouchers/Coupons" and now it has a few problems.

1. (in admin) All Returns appears two times

2. (in admin) "Refund by gift voucher" doesn't refunds

3. (in catalog) in "returns_track.php" page when I enter the RMA nr. it logs off and after 2 times logging in it returns to the "returns_track.php" page and nothing happens

Please advice

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

Hi friends :)

I installed RMA v2.5e on a lite moded oscommerce ms2 "about 10 contr, installed inc. Gift  Vouchers/Coupons" and now it has a few problems.

1. (in admin) All Returns appears two times

2. (in admin)  "Refund by gift voucher" doesn't refunds

3. (in catalog) in "returns_track.php" page when I enter the RMA nr. it logs off and after 2 times logging in it returns to the "returns_track.php" page and nothing happens

Please advice

1. (in admin) All Returns appears two times (Please help)

2. (in admin) "Refund by gift voucher" doesn't refunds (SOLVED)

3. (in catalog) in "returns_track.php" page when I enter the RMA nr. it logs off and after 2 times logging in it returns to the "returns_track.php" page and nothing happens (Please help)

sounds like things didnt get installed properly, as i have all this working together, go bck thru the instructions, turn on sql logging in the store admin and follow it thru there, also your server log files.

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with the RMA Return Contrib 2.5e without CCGV, hoping someone can help:

When Processing a Return from the admin page, The customer receives an return update email with the following :

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL /catalog/account_history_info.php?order_id=4

Return Request Date: Wednesday 14 September, 2005

The above text show in the customer email when the Admin processes a return, and now when the admin processes an order. Please help!

The only other contribs installed are the authroize.net contrib, easy populate, and orderlist.

NOTE: CCGV is note installed.

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with the RMA Return Contrib 2.5e without CCGV, hoping someone can help:

When Processing a Return from the admin page, The customer receives an return update email with the following :

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL /catalog/account_history_info.php?order_id=4

Return Request Date: Wednesday 14 September, 2005

Hello team members,

I'am also getting the same error as above. is there a fix for this please post

Also getting error on admin/return_text it's saying

"Done, but with errors on page "

basicly when I go into the admin side to Return Text Edit I get the error above.

Any help with be highly respected.

Thanks bee B)

Edited by culturebee

• 2 weeks later...

Every returned orders is shown two times.. one in Danish and One in english... THere is something wrong in this code "I think" but I just can't find it..

} else {
  $orders_query_raw = "select o.returns_id, o.returns_status, o.customers_name, o.contact_user_name, o.rma_value, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.return_reason_name, op.final_price, o.returns_date_finished, rs.returns_status_name from " . TABLE_RETURNS . " o left join " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " op on (o.returns_id = op.returns_id), " . TABLE_RETURN_REASONS . " s " . ", " . TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS . " rs where o.returns_reason = s.return_reason_id and s.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and o.returns_status = rs.returns_status_id order by o.returns_id DESC";
}

PLease compere it with yours..

THanks alot

When using the toolbar the return status is updated automaticalyand email is sent to the customer. Is there a quick way to comment out the some code so that the status & email is not sent out untill you press the "Update" button? This will give you a chance to add any additional infor to be sent in the comment form.

Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the version 2.5e. I get this error though when I go to store/admin/returns.php:

Product Exchange / Return

RMA Number:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.returns_id, o.customers_name, o.rma_value, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.return_reason_name, op.final_price, o.returns_date_finished from returned_products o left join returns_products_data op on (o.returns_id = op.returns_id), return_reasons s where o.returns_reason = s.return_reason_id and s.language_id = '1' order by o.returns_id DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

What can I do?

I searched the forums - but found nothing.

Thanks,

Philip