• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RMA Returns error for 2.2 MS2

I hope someone can tell us which RMA version is seen on the web page below. We took a screen shot of the previous system and would like to use the same one again.

http://www.proctorandpeake.com/rma.htm

We appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks,

Bianca

Hard to tell exactly which but it is sometime after my first update to the contrib (Keith W.) v2.5 I can tell by the highlighted red entry.

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

im getting this error, I downloaded the newest one dont they have the pages already done?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/hotbuys/catalog/admin/includes/functions/refund_functions.php:120) in /srv/www/htdocs/hotbuys/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/hotbuys/catalog/admin/includes/functions/refund_functions.php:120) in /srv/www/htdocs/hotbuys/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Hi, need some help anyone, (sorry if this is the wrong way) installed rma system, it seems to be working, But when the return form is being filled in to return an item, the dropdown box with the return reasons are being truncated to show only 16 characters, whilst the database stores 25 vachars.

this is problem because if a reason is entered in Admin SetUp as " wrongly ordered, open box"

This only shows as " wongly ordered"

Help will be gratefully accepted, i am new and setting up my own site.

I think if I understand you correctly you are referring to return_products.php.

You can set the maximum higher for Manufacturers Name Length in your admin configuration

The line you need to find in return_product.php is:

$select_box .= '>' . substr($priority_values['return_reason_name'], 0, MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) . '</option>';

It is pulling the length value maximum from MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN

It would probably be better just to hard code the max length in like this to avoid length problems if you have long return reason names.

$select_box .= '>' . substr($priority_values['return_reason_name'], 0, 64) . '</option>';

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong here? Im getting a ton of errors when I installed it, can someone please help..

According to your error above you are probably either missing or have an extra bracket somewhere. Make a backup copy and try adding or removing a bracket around that line number. If that doesn't work, retrace your installation steps. Mostly all of these contributions require a little troubleshooting, but they do work.

Hi insomniac, thankyou so much, have increased the manufacturers length, works great now.

PS I had wondered why the manufacturers length was in the file, i thought it may have been a mistake, obviously a space saver.

Well I installed it using the files included, can someone post the returns.php what its supposed to look like?

Also where it says to admin/includes/functions/general.php

Before the final ?> add:

include('includes/functions/refund_functions.php');

Im getting this error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/hotbuys/catalog/admin/includes/functions/refund_functions.php:109) in /srv/www/htdocs/hotbuys/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

So I just dont know how to get this to work//

I'm getting the same message as the customer requesting a return...

RMA number: 83755966357

Thank you for submitting your return request to "myshop".

Your request has been sent to the relevant department for processing.

If you need to contact us regarding this matter, please quote the above RMA number so that we may keep track of all relevant correspondance.

For help with any of our online services, please contact us at: mail@"myshop".com.

Note: This email address was given to us by someone using it to submit a support request. If you did not send this request, please send a message to mail@"myshop".com.

But if I look at thecatalog/includes/languagues/ return_emails.php there is also this line under what I've just quoted

/* This section covers the confirmation email sent to the assigned administrator after an RMA request has been edited by a customer, in order to inform the admin that the ticket has been edited. */

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT_ADMIN', 'Return request received');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TICKET_ADMIN', 'RMA number -<b><i>' . $rma_value . '</b></i>' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_THANKS_ADMIN', 'This message is meant to inform you that the above return request has been updated by the customer' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT_ADMIN', 'Please log into the admin area to see the return information.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_CONTACT_ADMIN', 'For help with any of our online services, please contact us at: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WARNING_ADMIN', '<b>Note:</b> This email address was given to us by someone using it to submit a support request. If you did not send this request, please send a message to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");

?>

I don't get this email so I must have left something out or done something wrong....

What do I need to do to get this mail as a admin???

hi i am new to the forum i have installed the rma returns but in the admin section i click customer returns and every link in it comes up with page cannot be found and i have checked the files are deffinatly there

please help

kind regards

alex

Hello,

I've just installed the RMA Returns contribution and I love it, it works great and almost no problems. I just need to make some cosmetical modifications to suite my store needs but have few questions to the forum. When the RMA was processed, it appears in the admin/Customer Returns as a new scheduled return. Each of my returns is listed three times in Customer Returns, may be just because I have a multilanguage store (I have 3 languages enabled in my store), so the return is listed for each language. Is there any way to have a return listed just once without disabling all other languages? And, how can I change a date format in admin/returns.php? When any button pressed for the status change, the date format appears as following:

Tue May 23 09:47:06 2006:
I want it to be:
Tue May 23 2006 09:47:06:

Also, almost forgot, RMA return doesn't reflect any status changes to the originally placed order. Is there anyhow to make the order status to reflect the Return status? Right now, I change the order status manually according to the return status progress.

Besides that everything works perfectly and thanks a lot for all of you who is working hard on this great contribution. :thumbsup:

Edited by Irin

Ok is it possible not to issue a automatic RMA #? I need to contact them with a #?

It issues an automatic RMA #, you have misinstalled something...

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Hello all,

I have few quick questions.

First is this the official forum for the RMA Returns system (the thread name confuses me :) ).

Also does the latest version from 4 Jan 2006 include the RMA Packing Slip Addition from 19 Aug 2005?

And about the CCGV. The one I have installed is the current CCGV(trad) by Vger (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135/category,all/search,ccgv). Is that the CCGV version taken into consideration by the RMA Returns system?

Thanks to every one for their time and effort for this vital contribution :)

Arkady

Edited by Voland

People dont change, people realize.

• 2 weeks later...

HEllo again.

This thread seems rather abandoned. Hopefully my next question will bring it up to speed :).

I am in teh middle of installing the RMA System. And in classes/order.php where the instruction say to replace

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

with

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_returned, products_exchanged, products_exchanged_id, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

My original code has

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

the difference is

(int)$order_id

and

tep_db_input($order_id)

How important is it and what do those peices of code do, and which one should I use?

Any input is appreciated

Arkady.

Hello again,

I ran into another confusion while installing:

in admin/includes/classes/order.php

as per instructions it sais to

FIND:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

REPLACE WITH:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price, products_returned, products_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

I dont have exactly the same block of codein my file but I have something simillar:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("
 SELECT 
 op.orders_products_id, 
 op.products_name, 
 op.products_model, 
 op.products_price,
 op.products_tax, 
 op.products_quantity, 
 op.final_price, 
 p.products_tax_class_id,
 p.products_weight					   
 FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op
 LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
ON op.products_id = p.products_id
WHERE orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Do I replace this peice of code? Or should I just add

products_returned, products_id

after

p.products_weight

BUt then what are the op. and p. "prefexes"?

PLease help :)

Arkady

Edited by Voland

Hello again,

I ran into another confusion while installing:

in admin/includes/classes/order.php

as per instructions it sais to

FIND:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

REPLACE WITH:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price, products_returned, products_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

I dont have exactly the same block of codein my file but I have something simillar:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("
 SELECT 
 op.orders_products_id, 
 op.products_name, 
 op.products_model, 
 op.products_price,
 op.products_tax, 
 op.products_quantity, 
 op.final_price, 
 p.products_tax_class_id,
 p.products_weight					   
 FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op
 LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
ON op.products_id = p.products_id
WHERE orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Do I replace this peice of code? Or should I just add

products_returned, products_id

after

p.products_weight

BUt then what are the op. and p. "prefexes"?

PLease help :)

Arkady

Answer to first question, try it and see what happens.

Answer to second question, you're either looking in the wrong place or you're not using a standard version of oscommerce.

Answer to first question, try it and see what happens.

Answer to second question, you're either looking in the wrong place or you're not using a standard version of oscommerce.

Hi Keith,

Thank for your reply. Indeed I just realized that the second issue is due to teh fact that that is part of code from Order Editor Contribution ... silly me. Ill try to deal with that acordingly.

Ill play with the first issue liek you advised. Be back soon :)

Arkady