• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RMA Returns error for 2.2 MS2

I installed a clean oscommerce and uploaded Justins revised version and all went smooth and well. However, I do not have the GV contribution installed so there will have to be another tester out there for that part of it. I used all the files installed that were provided (even the GV part of it) and it didn't upset my apple cart at all.

One thing I noticed and not sure if this can be fixed or just dealt with, but if you do NOT intend to complete a return right away, you MUST uncheck the restock fee box or the amounts will keep deducting. When you go back into the uncompleted return you will see that the correct amounts are still intact and the original restocking fee will show up again. Anytime you want to do just an "Update", uncheck the restocking fee box. When you decide to finally Complete The Return, then leave the restocking fee box marked (if you charge one) and in the blue order area you will see the deduction amount and the correct amount for refund.

:thumbsup: to Justin.

Cathy

Justin,

Tell us the truth now, you're really a whiz kid programmer from redmond, slumming about in the open source world right?

Excellent job. This contribution is working perfectly for me now, although I will look for the problem Cathy described in the previous message.

I have a very heavilly modded OSC/SEC site and I've been trying to get this to work for over a year now and, now it does. All the functions that didn't work with previous versions now work including refund as Gift Voucher, email notifications, etc. Great job, thank you.

Rick Knight

How are people that already had this contrib installed handling the upgrade? I tried just working through the new install instructions, seeing where things are already installed and plugging in the differences, but it didn't seem to do much. For example, tax still isn't being added to the return, and I still have the strange red 'Customer Returns' in the admin that doesn't do anything.

Jacob

Jacob,

Compare the files in "Existing files affected..." with the same files on your OSC installation and make whatever changes are needed. MOST of the existing files don't need additional changes IF you allready have the RMA system installed but a couple of them do. Catalog/account_history_info.php for example does need some additional modification. After you've finished comparing and updating, copy all of the other files in the contrib over your existing RMA files and then run the SQL script. I had to remove the configuration values from table "configuration" that were added by previous RMA installations, also, I made sure that the field structure for "products_returned", "products_exchanged" and "products_exchanged_id" in table "orders_products" matched the structure in the SQL script.

This worked quite well for me, YMMV.

Good luck,

Rick Knight

I installed a clean oscommerce and uploaded Justins revised version and all went smooth and well.

Very glad to hear that. I would have put money on 2.4 breaking on installations without CCGV, and I'm glad to hear I would have lost that bet. :D

One thing I noticed and not sure if this can be fixed or just dealt with, but if you do NOT intend to complete a return right away, you MUST uncheck the restock fee box or the amounts will keep deducting.

I haven't used the restocking fee section as of yet, since we don't charge one. But I'll toy with this over the weekend and see if I can't figure out what's going on. I should also note that as of version 2.4 the restocking fee checkbox should be unchecked by default, so you shouldn't have to keep unchecking it -- you only need to check it right before you're ready to complete the return.

Tell us the truth now, you're really a whiz kid programmer from redmond, slumming about in the open source world right? ... I have a very heavilly modded OSC/SEC site and I've been trying to get this to work for over a year now and, now it does. All the functions that didn't work with previous versions now work including refund as Gift Voucher, email notifications, etc. Great job, thank you.

You are too kind. :D I'm very glad to hear that it's working well you!

How are people that already had this contrib installed handling the upgrade? I tried just working through the new install instructions, seeing where things are already installed and plugging in the differences, but it didn't seem to do much. For example, tax still isn't being added to the return, and I still have the strange red 'Customer Returns' in the admin that doesn't do anything.

As noted above and in the ReadMe, people who are upgrading from 2.3 should look at the detailed version history provided at the end of the ReadMe. It sounds like you haven't copied over any of the files specific to the RMA Returns System (admin/returns.php, among many others). It seems the instructions do not explicitly state to copy over the RMA Returns-specific files, so I have added that to the instructions for the next release.

and then run the SQL script
Just to clarify, it's probably best to manually make the relevant DB changes via phpMyAdmin if you already have returns-related data you don't want to lose. If you just run the SQL script, it will drop tables and the data inside before re-creating them. The only significant changes made to the database between 2.3 and 2.4 are:

* gv_tracking table removed

* "Awaiting Return" added to returns_status

...and even those aren't critical. Version 2.4 should work just fine even without changing your 2.3 database structure. The changes I made to the SQL file were very minor.

Hope this helps!

Justin

This is a great mod and a great upgrade as well. The only thing, which is really really minor and it wouldn't bug me if there is no solution to it, is that when a customer logs in to his/her account and tries to track with the wrong RMA number and/or hits the Track button with an empty box, the page does not display any kind of an error message. It goes back to the same page for tracking. Did I miss a step during installation/upgrade or is this how it is with everyone's installation? It'd be nice if it would say "the tracking number you entered is incorrect" or something along those lines.

Thanks again for a great contribution.

Edited by potikyan

5)  admin includes/database_tables.php

After:

define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones');

Add:

// RMA Returns System
 define('TABLE_RETURN_REASONS', 'return_reasons');
 define('TABLE_RETURNS', 'returned_products');
 define('TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS', 'returns_status');
 define('TABLE_RETURNS_TEXT', 'return_text');
 define('TABLE_RETURNS_TOTAL', 'returns_total');
 define('TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA', 'returns_products_data');
 define('TABLE_PAYMENT_OPTIONS', 'payment_options');
 define('TABLE_RETURN_PAYMENTS', 'refund_payments');
 define('TABLE_REFUND_METHOD', 'refund_method');

6)  admin includes/database_tables.php

After:

define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');

Add:

// RMA Returns System
 define('FILENAME_RETURNS', 'returns.php');
 define('FILENAME_RETURN_CONFIRM', 'return_confirm.php');
 define('FILENAME_RETURN_EMAILS', 'return_emails.php');
 define('FILENAME_RETURNS_REASONS', 'returns_reasons.php');
 define('FILENAME_RETURNS_TEXT', 'return_text.php');
 define('FILENAME_RETURNS_STATUS', 'returns_status.php');
 define('FILENAME_REFUND_METHODS', 'refund_methods.php');
 define('FILENAME_RETURNS_INVOICE', 'returns_invoice.php');

while installing admin side this install guide confused me, is this just an error?

TIA

OMG ignore previous post

my bad

5) ?admin includes/database_tables.php

After:

?define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones');

Add:

// RMA Returns System
?define('TABLE_RETURN_REASONS', 'return_reasons');
?define('TABLE_RETURNS', 'returned_products');
?define('TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS', 'returns_status');
?define('TABLE_RETURNS_TEXT', 'return_text');
?define('TABLE_RETURNS_TOTAL', 'returns_total');
?define('TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA', 'returns_products_data');
?define('TABLE_PAYMENT_OPTIONS', 'payment_options');
?define('TABLE_RETURN_PAYMENTS', 'refund_payments');
?define('TABLE_REFUND_METHOD', 'refund_method');
6) ?admin includes/database_tables.php

After:

?define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');

Add:

// RMA Returns System
?define('FILENAME_RETURNS', 'returns.php');
?define('FILENAME_RETURN_CONFIRM', 'return_confirm.php');
?define('FILENAME_RETURN_EMAILS', 'return_emails.php');
?define('FILENAME_RETURNS_REASONS', 'returns_reasons.php');
?define('FILENAME_RETURNS_TEXT', 'return_text.php');
?define('FILENAME_RETURNS_STATUS', 'returns_status.php');
?define('FILENAME_REFUND_METHODS', 'refund_methods.php');
?define('FILENAME_RETURNS_INVOICE', 'returns_invoice.php');

while installing admin side this install guide confused me, is this just an error?

TIA

after installed i get this error when click on "Customers Returns"

any idea?

TIA

1146 - Table 'pawzypet_catalog.TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS' doesn't exist

select returns_status_id, returns_status_name from TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for the help with the install - you're right, I wasn't aware that I needed to copy over files to finish the install - of course it wasn't until after I already overwrote them that I realized all my formatting changes just got nuked :-" - luckily they didn't take long to fix!

I tested a return on an order where payment was made in part by a Gift Voucher and the rest by credit card. While tax was included, it was $5 off from my calculations - not sure where that $5 went but I can handle that. It got the refund amount right which was the most important part to me.

I attempted then to refund via GV - the GV appeared in my Gift Vouchers Sent, but I never actually got the email. I'm guessing this is an issue with RMA, but I'm not sure. Are other people receiving the GV in their email after you post a return?

All in all, a great upgrade. Thanks so much for your hard work Justin.

Jacob

...when a customer logs in to his/her account and tries to track with the wrong RMA number and/or hits the Track button with an empty box, the page does not display any kind of an error message. It goes back to the same page for tracking.

You didn't miss anything during your installation. This is caused by a series of bugs with the original contribution. The included language file is wrong, the correct language file doesn't match the include call, and the code to display the error message was a complete disaster. It took me a long time to determine that the author had tried (unsuccessfully) to nest PHP statements. Once I unraveled that mess, everything works fine.

1. Rename catalog/includes/languages/english/return_track.php to returns_track.php

2. Find:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_RETURN);
$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, '', 'NONSSL'));

Replace with:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK);
$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK, '', 'NONSSL'));

3. Find:

<!-- end new insert here --//-->
   <?
} else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
      	 <td width="100%" valign="top">
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                <?
                 if (isset($error)=='yes') {
                  $error_message = '<tr>
                                    <td colspan=3 class=main><? echo TEXT_TRACK_DETAILS_1; ?></td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>';
                   new infoBox(array(array('text' => $error_message)));
                 // }
                   echo '<br><BR>';
             }
                   $returns = '<form action="' . $PHP_SELF . '?action=returns_show" method=post>
                            <tr>
                            <td colspan=3 class=main><center>If you have previously requested an RMA Number from us,<br>enter the number received in the box to review the status of your return.<br><? echo TEXT_TRACK_DETAILS_2; ?></td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width=100& colspan=3 class=main> </td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width="33%" height="30" align="right" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_YOUR_RMA_NUMBER; ?> </td>
    <td width="50%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspan="2"><font color="CC0000"><input type="text" name="rma" value="" size="20"></font></td>

</tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width=100& colspan=3 class=main> </td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width=100% colspan=3 align=right><input type=submit name="submit" value=Track Return<? echo TEXT_FIND_RETURN; ?>   </td>
                            </tr>
                            </form>

Replace with:

<!-- if RMA number doesn't exist, show error message //-->
   <?php
} else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
      	 <td width="100%" valign="top">
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                <?php
                  $error_message = '<tr>
                                    <td width="10"> </td>
                                    <td colspan="2" class="main">' . TEXT_TRACK_DETAILS_1 . '</td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>';
                   new infoBox(array(array('text' => $error_message)));
                 // }
                   echo '<br /><br />';
             }
                   $returns = '<form action="' . $PHP_SELF . '?action=returns_show" method=post>
                            <tr>
                            <td colspan="2" class="main"><center>' . TEXT_TRACK_DETAILS_2 . '</center><br /></td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width="45%" height="30" align="right" class="main">' . TEXT_YOUR_RMA_NUMBER . ' </td>
    <td width="50%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspan="2"><font color="CC0000"><input type="text" name="rma" value="" size="20"></font></td>

</tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width="100%" colspan="2" class="main"> </td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td width="100%" colspan="2" align="right"><input type=submit name="submit" value="' . TEXT_FIND_RETURN . '">   </td>
                            </tr>
                            </form>

It will also help to edit catalog/includes/languages/english/returns_track.php to taste, since the strings in there will actually be used instead of the hardcoded cruft.

These changes will eventually be rolled into 2.4.1.

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

Justin

after installed i get this error when click on "Customers Returns"

1146 - Table 'pawzypet_catalog.TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS' doesn't exist

select returns_status_id, returns_status_name from TABLE_RETURNS_STATUS where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Your database table definitions are not being recognized. Make sure you added the DB table definitions to both catalog/includes/database_tables.php and admin/includes/database_tables.php as instructed in the docs.

I tested a return on an order where payment was made in part by a Gift Voucher and the rest by credit card. While tax was included, it was $5 off from my calculations - not sure where that $5 went but I can handle that. It got the refund amount right which was the most important part to me.

That's certainly something I haven't yet tested myself. Hopefully I'll get a chance to give that a try one of these days.

I attempted then to refund via GV - the GV appeared in my Gift Vouchers Sent, but I never actually got the email. I'm guessing this is an issue with RMA, but I'm not sure. Are other people receiving the GV in their email after you post a return?

This has worked just fine for me, including both testing and on a live store. Do you receive the message when you send it manually to the same email address via the Mail Gift Voucher function in Admin? Have you checked the junk mail filter on that email account?

Ok, I figured this part out. I was originally taxing the shipping costs, but RMA 2.4 doesn't include shipping when it figures out how much to refund. So I made my shipping costs non-taxable and all appears to be well.

Just FYI!

Jacob

This has worked just fine for me, including both testing and on a live store. Do you receive the message when you send it manually to the same email address via the Mail Gift Voucher function in Admin? Have you checked the junk mail filter on that email account?

Justin -

Yep, I receive all GV's sent via the Mail Gift Voucher function, but none via the refund page. Not a problem, because I actually use the Account Balance contrib for store credit refunds, rather than send out GV's.

I do have other problems, addressed in the next message :D

Jacob

When a customer goes to check the status of their return by either typing in the RMA at returns_track.php or by clicking the link from their order history, the resulting returns_track.php?action=returns_show page does not include any updated (or updateable) information except for the comments section.

Is it possible so that the Status of the RMA (awaiting shipment, processing, etc from the dropdown in the admin) can update on that same page when I update the return from the Admin? I realize that they will receive the information via email, but not including it on the site as well seems to be asking for trouble! :(

Also, the comments in returns overwrite each other - is it possible to make the comments append like they do in other areas of OSC? If the customer sends an RMA request with comments saying "My chair was broken in transit", and then I update the RMA to notify the customer that I have received their shipment and am processing it, and include a 'personal' note to the customer, that note overwrites their "My chair was broken in transit" message, seemingly for good (?).

All fixes are much appreciated - I've just gotta learn PHP one of these days... :blush:

jacob

Justin,

I tried to implement your fix for displaying error messages on returns_track.php, but after overwriting my original code with yours, I get an error -

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /ocd/returns_track.php on line 119

In my file, line 119 is not changed from the old code to the new - it's

All I did instead was copy the top part of your fix (where you reroute to FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK) and I'm up and running. What does the second half of your fix accomplish? Thanks.

Jacob

Edited by jacobr

When a customer goes to check the status of their return by either typing in the RMA at returns_track.php or by clicking the link from their order history, the resulting returns_track.php?action=returns_show page does not include any updated (or updateable) information except for the comments section.

Is it possible so that the Status of the RMA (awaiting shipment, processing, etc from the dropdown in the admin) can update on that same page when I update the return from the Admin? I realize that they will receive the information via email, but not including it on the site as well seems to be asking for trouble! :(

For those interested, the information needed to be pulled out in the query is in the returned_products table, under returns_status. I've copied in extra HTML table structure to hold the info - I just don't know how to write the query! To be honest, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this before - what good does the Track a Return page do unless you type everything into comments? Or am I missing something?

Jacob

Hi! Great Cotribution. Installed Credit Class & GV & RMA contributions on a clean cart (MS 2.2) and Yoohoo "It's working". I might stumble on to few Bugs in due course.

Was wondering where the RMA number is been generated? Is it possible to customize the RMA number? Can anybody advice me in this matter. Thanks in advance.

The easiest solution for this is to include the current status in the comment. That said, I've spent the last hour looking at how to incorporate the return status itself on the Returns Tracking page. At the moment I've got it appearing in the header that appears at the top of the page, which I'll incorporate into 2.4.1 when I find the time to package everything together.

Also, the comments in returns overwrite each other - is it possible to make the comments append like they do in other areas of OSC? If the customer sends an RMA request with comments saying "My chair was broken in transit", and then I update the RMA to notify the customer that I have received their shipment and am processing it, and include a 'personal' note to the customer, that note overwrites their "My chair was broken in transit" message, seemingly for good (?).

This request was made earlier in the thread, and I've thought about it. There are several reasons why I don't like this idea:

1. It means creating additional tables to store the history for returns status updates.

2. It would require adding a lot of code -- on both the catalog/admin side of things.

Personally, I prefer the way that status box only displays the most recent information. For those who want to keep the customers' original comments, you can always add your comments below theirs. Of course this means you can't use the comment bar (since it automatically overwrites everything), but that's about the best workaround I can think of.

I tried to implement your fix for displaying error messages on returns_track.php, but after overwriting my original code with yours, I get an error -

Sounds like a missing bracket or semi-colon. If you see an error that references a line that is not relevant (e.g., in this case the line has not changed from the old to the new), most likely the reason is a missing bracket, semi-colon, or closing PHP tag. I would check to make sure the copy/paste was done correctly. If that doesn't work, please just wait for 2.4.1. :)

All I did instead was copy the top part of your fix (where you reroute to FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK) and I'm up and running. What does the second half of your fix accomplish?

A bunch of borked code was fixed, but obviously nothing that inhibits functionality. The hard-coded English strings were replaced with multilingual-friendly variables, as well as a dozen other syntactical fixes.

For those interested, the information needed to be pulled out in the query is in the returned_products table, under returns_status. I've copied in extra HTML table structure to hold the info - I just don't know how to write the query! To be honest, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this before - what good does the Track a Return page do unless you type everything into comments? Or am I missing something?

No, I don't think you're missing anything. I think that's the way the contribution was originally designed. Once the current status in included in the header, I would think that -- along with the current comments -- should provide enough detail as to the current status. But that's just me. Everyone has their own needs. :)

Hi! Great Cotribution. Installed Credit Class & GV & RMA contributions on a clean cart (MS 2.2) and Yoohoo "It's working". I might stumble on to few Bugs in due course.

Was wondering where the RMA number is been generated? Is it possible to customize the RMA number? Can anybody advice me in this matter. Thanks in advance.

The RMA number generation function is located in catalog/includes/functions/refund_functions.php

Hope this helps!

Justin

The easiest solution for this is to include the current status in the comment. That said, I've spent the last hour looking at how to incorporate the return status itself on the Returns Tracking page. At the moment I've got it appearing in the header that appears at the top of the page, which I'll incorporate into 2.4.1 when I find the time to package everything together.

Sounds good - thanks for all your work!

This request was made earlier in the thread, and I've thought about it. There are several reasons why I don't like this idea:

1. It means creating additional tables to store the history for returns status updates.

2. It would require adding a lot of code -- on both the catalog/admin side of things.

Personally, I prefer the way that status box only displays the most recent information. For those who want to keep the customers' original comments, you can always add your comments below theirs. Of course this means you can't use the comment bar (since it automatically overwrites everything), but that's about the best workaround I can think of.

I guess my biggest issue with it is that it makes my store's interface inconsistent, because of other contributions (namely Support Tickets), or even with the Order History page - all admin comments append to the end with a new timestamp, so that if somebody else had to go back 3 years later and see what happened if a warranty issue comes up, etc - all of that information is logically laid out by time, rather than just the last comment made being available to view. If we have 4 different support staff people, they may have to juggle different customers on different days, etc and would need to see what has happened previously to make sound judgement on a case-by-case basis.

No, I don't think you're missing anything. I think that's the way the contribution was originally designed. Once the current status in included in the header, I would think that -- along with the current comments -- should provide enough detail as to the current status. But that's just me. Everyone has their own needs. :)

To be honest, I'm not positive what you mean by it's "in the header". All I want is a field that says Status: Awaiting Delivery / Pending Approval , etc... that gets updated when I change the dropdown from the Admin, so that the customer knows what 'step' of the process they are on.

Again - thanks for all your help!

Jacob

I guess my biggest issue with it is that it makes my store's interface inconsistent, because of other contributions (namely Support Tickets), or even with the Order History page - all admin comments append to the end with a new timestamp, so that if somebody else had to go back 3 years later and see what happened if a warranty issue comes up, etc - all of that information is logically laid out by time, rather than just the last comment made being available to view.

Yes, I'm familiar with how the order status history works. But this is a technical implementation issue -- not a business process issue. As I mentioned in a previous post, you can do the same thing with the current system by entering subsequent "updates" below the previous ones (with the caveat that the comment bar can't be used). For example:

10/1/04: Customer requested RMA because FedEx conveyor belt ate the package (and contents)

10/2/04: RMA approved. Instructions sent.

10/9/04: Item returned. Store credit issued.

I can understand why some people would prefer automatic time stamping. As I mentioned above that would require a lot of work for -- what appears to me, at least -- very little reward.

To be honest, I'm not positive what you mean by it's "in the header". All I want is a field that says Status: Awaiting Delivery / Pending Approval , etc... that gets updated when I change the dropdown from the Admin, so that the customer knows what 'step' of the process they are on.

There is a header text string at the top of nearly every page in OSC. By default, this text is grey. In the OSC framework, this text string is known as HEADING_TITLE. I have modified this heading to include the current returns status. I tried getting it to appear further below, but for some reason that wasn't working. Given the time/reward trade-off alluded to above, I decided including this info in the HEADING_TITLE was good enough. ;)

Justin

Hey Justin,

First: Allow me too, to thank you for your work!

Second, Would it be possible for you to post here, just, the code that's needed to allow the status updates to show in the header ( as you mentioned you have already figured it out).

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

P.S. I know this is off topic some, but for me it actually is related:

I am trying to be able to have customers insert into a form field their order ID number, click on submit ( or whatever) and be taken directly to the specific order. (example, taken to: account_history_info.php?order_id=12345)

Pretty much in the same way you have the insert into the form field in returns_track.php and then you're taken to the returns info - I would like to be taken to the specific order whose number was inserted.

What I am specifically trying to accomplish is:

To have a footer link "RMA Request / Status" that takes you to a page, (similar to returns_track.php) which has two forms - your present returns_track.php's form, plus one as I described above, which would be used to go directly to the specific order, where you could then click on the "Need to return this product?" link, to request an RMA number for the product involved.

I would also use this new form to be able to have a "Order Status" link in my footer.

I have tried and tried to make a form that would place the order_id=12345 properly into the URL, when the Order Id number is inserted into an input field. I simply don't know enough to be able to, even though it seems like it should be simple enough to do.

Any ideas... Any help... would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Yes, I'm familiar with how the order status history works. But this is a technical implementation issue -- not a business process issue. As I mentioned in a previous post, you can do the same thing with the current system by entering subsequent "updates" below the previous ones (with the caveat that the comment bar can't be used). For example:

10/1/04: Customer requested RMA because FedEx conveyor belt ate the package (and contents)

10/2/04: RMA approved. Instructions sent.

10/9/04: Item returned. Store credit issued.

I can understand why some people would prefer automatic time stamping. As I mentioned above that would require a lot of work for -- what appears to me, at least -- very little reward.

I totally understand that - to me it is only since multiple people with different levels of computing experience may be using the backend on my store, I'd prefer to have a consistent interface for them so that it's not "on this page do this, but on this page do something else, even though it looks the same". I realize I'm getting into the realm of paying a professional - just wasn't sure how difficult that was to implement. Definitely not suggesting you need to put in the ton of work required for little to no reward for yourself.

There is a header text string at the top of nearly every page in OSC. By default, this text is grey. In the OSC framework, this text string is known as HEADING_TITLE. I have modified this heading to include the current returns status. I tried getting it to appear further below, but for some reason that wasn't working. Given the time/reward trade-off alluded to above, I decided including this info in the HEADING_TITLE was good enough. ;)

Justin

I use STS, so I'm guessing that I don't get this information because it's not included in my template? I'll have to do more research - thanks for the info!

jacob

I use STS, so I'm guessing that I don't get this information because it's not included in my template? I'll have to do more research - thanks for the info!

jacob

Ok - not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't see my return status anywhere in the processed source code on the returns_track.php page.

Does anybody know how to write a query that says:

Look in database, table returned_products, returns_status value and return the equlivalent text for that number?

So in table RETURNED_PRODUCTS there is a column RETURNS_STATUS with a number that stands for the status of the return - i.e. 1 = Awaiting, 2 = Cancelled, 3 = Complete, etc...

Any ideas?

Jacob