• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RMA Returns error for 2.2 MS2

the contribution works, just have to follow the instructions completely.

i used a file comparison utility which works, to make sure that everything is being merged properly and at the right points.

one thing i have not done yet is set up the rma to block requests if the order is older than 30 days.

i have set in the customer returns area that the initial is only an Return Authorization Request, it is not anything they can use at this time to reutrn products. They MUST' use the label sent to them in email when customer service authorizes the return.

I have follow all the changes, but the problem are the same... the ugly Login page after tracking or requesting RMA number.

I'm still trying this strange contrib, but my problems with session are very hard to solve... Cathy pls, can you repost the file on the section "contribution" that you are using now??

When is the login page actually showing up? Here is how mine operates:

If a customer placed an order last week and now wishes to return the product, they login and go to their account and view the order. A red "Return" text shows up under the products purchased. The customer clicks on the Return, chooses reason for return and refund method and any notes. Submit...they receive RMA Number.

To track the return let say the next day or so (or even 5 min later!), if the customer is NOT logged in, and they click on Track Return in the information box, it WILL take them to the login screen. After logging in, it redirects to the tracking information showing all the information the same as when they submitted the return (except no choice to change the quantity again), and any information I have placed in the "Please enter any additional comment here" box.

The latest contribution for this that you see are from my files. I have not made any changes since then. If you need a certain file posted here let me know.

Right, now I've have re-make all the installation steps, and now still working... of course I've leave out some lines of code excuse me for the futile post... but now I have a question:

the Admin make a refund; if I've installed a Sales Report System, I see that doesn't update the value of the sales reported, after the refund.

The contrib doesn't update any of the variable that control the sales value?

the Admin make a refund; if I've installed a Sales Report System, I see that doesn't update the value of the sales reported, after the refund.

The contrib doesn't update any of the variable that control the sales value?

That will have to be answered by the original creator of the RMA contribution. I'm just a user myself and can't answer that question.

I've read the entire thread... but as some guys say, I have been unable to correct the error when you want to track your RMA and the store keeps asking your login... EVEN IF YOU'RE LOGGED!

Any ideas?

Hi Tomas,

if you download the latest package made by Cathy, the contrib, work fine. Follow the meticulous install text and the problem will be correct.

Try the RMA Contrib, directly on server web, and BACKUP files for first.

Warmest regards

Hi,

Today I carefully installed you contribution which is a very usefull one, congrats... I got some error messages in the admin and catalog parts. On the admin section got

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_return_reason_name() in /Library/WebServer/WebSites/trop96/tropicalsummer.com/catalog/admin/returns_reasons.php on line 223

And on the catalog part I've been getting

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /Library/WebServer/WebSites/trop96/tropicalsummer.com/catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 117

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /Library/WebServer/WebSites/trop96/tropicalsummer.com/catalog/return_product.php on line 22

I would appreciate if anyone could help me in this matter.

Regards,

Andr?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having the same problem - with the contribution constantly taking me back to the login page. Has anyone who had this problem sorted it out ?

Thanks in advance

Sam

p.s. great cotrib - if i can get it working :P

O.k on further testing i have found out that my login problem is browser specific.

It works fine in mozilla it is just ie on my local machine. which leads me to the conclution that it is down to cookies being accepeted localy or not.

Mozilla accepts them, IE doesn't ! Now this is wierd because the track form does have a hidden field for the session id but for some reason it is not taking that as the session id - very wierd, I'll let you know if i make any progress.

Someone said earlier in this post that they are having problems inserting new refund methods and reasons. This is because in the contribution there are two lines (that i could find) that use the old tep_array_merge function. This was droped in 2.2 and is now just array_merge. You were getting a blank screen because you must have had your php errors turned off.

Hope this helps a little

Sam

I put return_product.php in my information.php box.

When I click on it I get this error:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/spycamg/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/spycamg/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

I get this error for the billing and shipping address.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you also getting the Fatal Error in admin/returns.php?

What contributions are you using?

Hi Cathy,

No error in admin.

I'm using several contributions.

BTS 1.3

Newsletter Module v 0.1

osc_ticketv1.1a

new support_v1b

Even if I overwrite my general.php with the one in the zip I still get the error.

Thanks.

<?php

/*

$Id: information.php,v 1.6 2003/02/10 22:31:00 hpdl Exp $

modified by paulm_nl 2003/12/23

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$boxHeading = BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION;

$corner_left = 'square';

$corner_right = 'square';

$box_base_name = 'information'; // for easy unique box template setup (added BTSv1.2)

$box_id = $box_base_name . 'Box'; // for CSS styling paulm (editted BTSv1.2)

$boxContent = '<a href="account_history.php">Order Status</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '"> ' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">FAQ</a><br>' . //FAQ SYSTEM

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_LINKS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="return_product.php">Return a Product</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('returns_track.php', '', 'SSL') . '">Track a Return</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '"> ' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '"> ' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>';

// bof BTSv1.2

if(file_exists(DIR_WS_BOX_TEMPLATES . $box_base_name . '.tpl.php')) {

// if exists, load unique box template for this box from templates/boxes/

require(DIR_WS_BOX_TEMPLATES . $box_base_name . '.tpl.php');

}

else {

// load default box template: templates/boxes/box.tpl.php

require(DIR_WS_BOX_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATENAME_BOX);

}

// eof BTSv1.2

?>

I finally got everything working by comparing past and present versions and have come to the conclusion that I don't think it is organized enough to suit my needs... Thanks everyone for your hard work, but I wish that someone could create a version that is more orderly, and has more instruction to it for the customers...

So I have now unistalled it and wait egearly to see how it developes keep up the good work!

This line doesn't go in the information box. What the customer has to do is login to their account and view their orders and then under each product is a RETURN. Clicking on that will bring up the form they need to receive their RMA. To track the return they click on the Track A Return from the information box and if not signed in, will be redirected to the login. From there they get the box to input the RMA number and it will show the progress of the return.

HTH

Edited by only2empires

This line doesn't go in the information box. What the customer has to do is login to their account and view their orders and then under each product is a RETURN. Clicking on that will bring up the form they need to receive their RMA. To track the return they click on the Track A Return from the information box and if not signed in, will be redirected to the login. From there they get the box to input the RMA number and it will show the progress of the return.

HTH

Cathy,

Is there a way to test this, to make sure it works?

Jacob

hey all, first i want to thank you for this great contribution. Im having a bit of trouble on the admin side though the the customer interface is flawless thus far

these are the errors i get in the admin:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/giftsand/public_html/admin/returns_reasons.php on line 37

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/giftsand/public_html/admin/refund_methods.php on line 37

I cant really comment too much on this, looks like i have to define a function somewhere. Sounds like something easy (if i knew exacly what i was doing) if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me TIA

Hi,

I have installed Cathy's RMA Return Contribution and everything seems to be working fine except:

When I click on the Return button in account history it would redirect me to the Return a Product Page but it would not show the product quantity and product name. All I get would be a blank box with a "x" next to it and the price of "$0.00".

This is the following code I have in account_history_info.php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  if ($order->products[$i]['return'] == '1') {
 $rma_query_one = tep_db_query("SELECT returns_id FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " where products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and order_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . "'");
 $rma_query = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_query_one);
 $rma_number_query = tep_db_query("SELECT rma_value FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS . " where returns_id = '" . $rma_query['returns_id'] . "'");
 $rma_result = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_number_query);

$return_link = '<font color=cc0000><b>' . TEXT_RMA . ' # <a href="' . tep_href_link('returns_track.php', 'action=returns_show&rma=' . $rma_result['rma_value'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $rma_result['rma_value'] . '</a>';
	 } else {
 $return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><font color=cc0000><b>' . TEXT_RETURN_PRODUCT .'</a></b></font>';
}
   echo '          <tr>' . "\n" .
        '            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
        '            <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '   ' . $return_link  .'<br><small><i>' . $desc['products_description'] . '</i></small>';

Anyone have any ideas how to display the quantity and product name?

It has to do with the above code not picking up the products_id

When I click on the Return Link in Account history, I would get:

http://localhost/catalog/return_product.ph...14&products_id=

But to work correctly, it should display:

http://localhost/catalog/return_product.ph...4&products_id=3

Thanks for helping,

StrictlyPC

First of all, I don't take the credit for this contribution. It was originally created by David Howarth (and a good job he did!!), and others have helped him fix it. No offense!

Anyhow, did you add this part to catalog/account_history_info.php ?

Find====>

<td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

Replace====>

<td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '   ' . $return_link .'<br><small><i>' . $desc['products_description'] . '</i></small>';

Edited by only2empires

exactly, it happens when i try to add reasons and methods

Ok...for some reason there is a code in there that is incorrect, and I'm no PHP expert to find it, but you can't add reasons or methods from the admin. You have to go into your database (under phpMyadmin), bring up the return reasons and return methods and manually add them in.

Maybe someday the glitch will be found.