• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RMA Returns error for 2.2 MS2

I searched this thread & found that a guy over a year ago asked this question & never got an answer for it. This RMA System works just find except for one area that I found. The RMA System is returning the list price. It isn't taking away the discount he got. I had a item for $50.00 & shipping for $5.00. The order total was $55.00, but he had a discount code that saved him $5.50. He only paid $49.50 total, but he should only get back $44.50 which is the $49.50 he paid less shipping since shipping cost aren't refunded. I was told that the RMA System by default doesn't return the shipping the customer pays at checkout. I can post code, but not sure while file to post.

Hello,

Yes, Ive updated my site to 060817 every time I try and import the sql I get this lovely message:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE orders_products ADD products_returned tinyint( 2 ) unsigned default '0';

MySQL said: b_help.pngdd

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_returned' :blink:

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks

Can you edit this post & remove the link to www.shoppinginurpjs.com domain as it isn't showing anything, but is popping up a Username & Password field for cPanel each time the page loads. I put two letter d's in that link to show you that you don't have anything linked from your site & that it is just a blank link.

You know what? I didnt even realise that link was there. You cant edit your posts, once their there can you?

I think this thread might be a bit of a ghost thread.

Next to the quote & reply buttons at the bottom of each post you should see a edit button if not then it is too late to edit the post.

Hello,

Yes, Ive updated my site to 060817 every time I try and import the sql I get this lovely message:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE orders_products ADD products_returned tinyint( 2 ) unsigned default '0';

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_returned' :blink:

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks

To try & answer your question look at the orders_products table & see if you already have that column products_returned as that is normally when you get that Duplicate column name error. If you already had an older version installed then you probably have all the right columns added from the previous install. You might either want to look at the sql file & see if it is adding any columns you don't you don't have & if so then add those columns manually.

Next to the quote & reply buttons at the bottom of each post you should see a edit button if not then it is too late to edit the post.

No, I dont see any edit button :(

Mmm you have to be quick with that edit button, doesnt stick around long.

No, I havent installed this mod before, but I will have a look at the SQL file & see what is popping up.

Thanks

Mmm you have to be quick with that edit button, doesnt stick around long.

No, I havent installed this mod before, but I will have a look at the SQL file & see what is popping up.

Thanks

Look at the Database first & see if you have that column in your table already...

Hi Jason,

Yep, you were right, the tables are there. Yet when I first ran it, it came up error. Anyway, I will go ahead & install the files now & see what happens.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi Jason,

Yep, you were right, the tables are there. Yet when I first ran it, it came up error. Anyway, I will go ahead & install the files now & see what happens.

Hi Jason,

Hi Jason,

To make Ultimate SEO URLS and RMA Returns work together in harmony :D

Here is a quick fix to make it display the RMA number on the confirmation page.

in /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

Below this:

return $link;
 }
}

Add this:

(you can see it has _org appended to the function with will make it act as a new function)

// The HTML href link wrapper function
 function tep_href_link_org($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
   global $request_type, $session_started, $SID;

if (!tep_not_null($page)) {
     die('<br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');
   }

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
     $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;
   } elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
     if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
       $link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
     } else {
       $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;
     }
   } else {
     die('<br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');
   }

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
     $link .= $page . '?' . tep_output_string($parameters);
     $separator = '&';
   } else {
     $link .= $page;
     $separator = '?';
   }

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined
   if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
     if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
       $_sid = $SID;
     } elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {
       if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
         $_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();
       }
     }
   }

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {
     while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);
     $link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);
     $link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);

$separator = '?';
   }

if (isset($_sid)) {
     $link .= $separator . $_sid;
   }

return $link;
 }

Then in /catalog/return_product.php

Find and replace all

tep_href_link

with

tep_href_link_org

BACK UP FILES BEFORE EDITING! THATS A #1 RULE!

If anyone knows why Refund Method: will not change when updating it in the admin of RMA Returns please let me know, it's driving me nuts I have installed the contrib 3 times freshly and I have read this WHOLE! thread and only see one mention with NO answer

I think it works now!!!!..oh! no it don't !

I don't mean to double post this question, but haven't got a response yet.

I searched this thread & found that a guy over a year ago asked this question & never got an answer for it. This RMA System works just find except for one area that I found. The RMA System is returning the list price. It isn't taking away the discount he got. I had a item for $50.00 & shipping for $5.00. The order total was $55.00, but he had a discount code that saved him $5.50. He only paid $49.50 total, but he should only get back $44.50 which is the $49.50 he paid less shipping since shipping cost aren't refunded. I was told that the RMA System by default doesn't return the shipping the customer pays at checkout. I can post code, but not sure while file to post.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have ONE SMALL PROBLEM. Everything else seems to be working ok except that once it issues an RMA number the customer only sees RMA NUMBER: with no number after. The number is generated ok and goes out in the e-mail. This is the only thing I can find it does wrong. I can live with it like this but for cosmetic purposes I'd like to fix it.

Ok, I have ONE SMALL PROBLEM. Everything else seems to be working ok except that once it issues an RMA number the customer only sees RMA NUMBER: with no number after. The number is generated ok and goes out in the e-mail. This is the only thing I can find it does wrong. I can live with it like this but for cosmetic purposes I'd like to fix it.

Mine does the same thing, Ive got another thread about RMA and someone has offered to look at it for me, If they come back with an answer, I'll let you know.

Ive also got a problem that has been mentioned previously here and Ive done what was suggested but still get the errors. The person whom posted the problem didnt post whether or not they found a fix or how they fixed it. (unless I missed it)

As Ive said before, this is a bit of a ghost thread.

Hi guys, When i use this contrib, in the admin section under Customer_Returns, i get a sql error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select return_reason_id, return_reason_name from return_reasons where language_id = '4' order by return_reason_id limit -20, 20

I also made a test RMA but i can't see them in the admin section, when i click on returned_products i get this sql error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.returns_id, o.customers_name, o.rma_value, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.return_reason_name, op.final_price, o.returns_date_finished from returned_products o left join returns_products_data op on (o.returns_id = op.returns_id), return_reasons s where o.returns_reason = s.return_reason_id and s.language_id = '4' order by o.returns_id DESC limit -20, 20

Please help!

Hi guys, When i use this contrib, in the admin section under Customer_Returns, i get a sql error:

select return_reason_id, return_reason_name from return_reasons where language_id = '4' order by return_reason_id limit -20, 20

I also made a test RMA but i can't see them in the admin section, when i click on returned_products i get this sql error:

select o.returns_id, o.customers_name, o.rma_value, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.return_reason_name, op.final_price, o.returns_date_finished from returned_products o left join returns_products_data op on (o.returns_id = op.returns_id), return_reasons s where o.returns_reason = s.return_reason_id and s.language_id = '4' order by o.returns_id DESC limit -20, 20

Please help!

You should check your $orders_query_raw in admin/returns.php for accuracy. Just compare yours with the one from contribution.

I got a small problem here. Immediately after the RMA has placed by the customer, it gives in admin/returns.php a check option to Apply Restock Charge: with the default restock charge set in configuration, in my case 25% of the total product's cost. But, the problem is that once I change the RMA's status to, let's say "Awaiting Return", it doesn't show that default restock charge any more, just ($0.00). Does anybody know what might be wrong?

And, also, how can I add Return Reason to display while viewing an individual RMA in admin/returns.php like shown below?Order #: 1252

Returns #: 5

Request Date: 03/20/2007 22:07:26

RMA Number: 40298675940

Return Reason: Incorrect Item

Thanks in advance.

Please help!

I was having the same problem if you look HERE! It may help you. It fixed my problem.

If you look HERE! It may help you. I have the same problem. If you are getting amp; in your browser twice. This will help you. I didnt realise I was getting amp twice until someone was good enough to point it out to me. Ive not compared the files yet but if you get the chance to follow the instructions given in the link provided, could you please let me know the fix. If I find it (once I compare) I will post the fix in the thread that Ive given as well as this one.

Hope this helps :)

Hello everyone.

this is a great contrib. my only issue is. when i try to return a product with an attribute that raises the price. instead of showing the price plus the attribute price. it only shows the default price. so say i have an item that is $20, and it has an attribute that adds $5. I paid $25, but when i do an RMA it only pulls the stock $20 price. has anyone solved this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...