• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database duplicating entries - how to fix?

boidski

Hi guys,

I have implemented an Index mod, to reindex my store. I followed instructions, and I thought all was good. Now, whenever I enter a NEW product into the catalog, I get a tep_stop error.

<code>

1062 - Duplicate entry '82' for key 1

insert into products_description (products_name, products_description, products_url, products_id, language_id) values ('', '', '', '82', '2')

[TEP STOP]

</code>

It also appears that the entries are duplicating, or triplicating in the database...I have entries such as these:

<code>

insert into categories_description (categories_id, language_id, categories_name) values ('38', '1', 'SOCKET 478');

insert into categories_description (categories_id, language_id, categories_name) values ('38', '2', '');

insert into categories_description (categories_id, language_id, categories_name) values ('38', '3', '');

</code>

Why does it appear 3 times?

If anyone could give me a pointer in the right direction, I would be very gratefull.

Thank you.

Brian

One for each language. You should build your categories_description index using both products_id and language_id rather than just products_id. Otherwise, it won't be unique.

Hth,

Matt

You should build your categories_description index using both products_id and language_id rather than just products_id

How do I do that? I currently have:

categories_description  (categories_id, language_id, categories_name);

should I change it to:

categories_description  (product_id, language_id, categories_id, language_id, categories_name);

I am very new to this, sorry if I don't understand proper coding techniques.

Sorry, I'm mixing your two examples. The database structure is fine. However, when you created the database, it looks like you set the products_id field as a unique index for products_description. Unfortunately, it's not, as it will be repeated for each language that is installed.

The SQL would look like:

CREATE INDEX (products_id, language_id) ON products_description;
CREATE INDEX (categories_id, language_id) on categories_description;

Hth,

Matt

Archived