• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need help getting started

pbuck

I was refered to osC by a friend. I currently have an ecommerce site hosted on Yahoo. I have been impressed with the features of osCommerce and I would like to use it. I have looked all through the site and I have become lost on what to do to get started. I was also wondering if osCommerce will work with my webhost? Also, I already have a PayPal shopping cart setup with about a couple hundred items, will it be hard to implement osCommerce since I am already somewhat established? Please direct me on the right path.

Hi! Welcome to OSC forums. wiki.oscommerce.com is a nice site to walk you thru installation and basic modding. OSC should be able to work in a Unix server with php and mysql capabilities. I prefer Unix since it would be easier to change file properties in that environment. You may also want to get a ssl connection. Implementing (setup) OSC is typically easy but can be time-consuming depending on the add-ons you install and how much customization you want. However, I believe that the effort will be rewarded by a powerful and stable e-commerce site.

Hi :)

James is right.

It all depends on how much time you are going to put into it and how fast you learn.

You should at least give it a try and see it for yourself.

Besides, there a lot of people here to help. This is what this forum is for, for us to learn and improve osc.

Good luck! ;)

Archived