• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Family Product v3.0

blueline

Hi Chris,

I just found this.

Maybe post on the other post that was so long and then it will let everyone know it is out.

First error in sql:

SQL-query :

CREATE TABLE `products_families` (

`family_id` SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL ,

`products_id` SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL ,

)

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 4

How do you fix?

Edited by modom

Chris,

I am using php 4.3.2 and it is 3.1.

The "insert into config" works fine. It was the top 2 creates that didn't work. I did each one individually to test.

I compared the sql to the osc sql and when I removed the apostrophes and changed that last line it started working. You can compare as this is the one that worked.

CREATE TABLE families (

family_id SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

family_name VARCHAR( 20 ) NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY (family_id) );

CREATE TABLE products_families (

family_id SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL ,

products_id SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL );

I haven't finished with the rest but hope it will work when through.

That's strange. It works just fine for me. Well I am glad you got it to work. Get it installed, play with it a little, and let me know what you think. I am very interested to hear your thoughts.

By the way, the default header text is

Family Products v3.0

You can change this by inserting a new header in the admin. It will automatically change for you.

Test it out and let me know if it's missing anything.

Chris Sullivan

I have a question. Pardon my ignorance but what is this mod for? I see no description other than "Family Products v3.0 is here. This has a lot more functionality, more features, and lots to look forward to."

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Basically....if you have a product for which you would like to show off certain "related" goods, then this is the mod for you. For example, let's say you sell game consoles on your site. When a customer is looking at a Playstation 2, you can show them other "related" goods below, such as controllers, games, cables, and so on.

Someone here is using it...I'm sure. If you ask around you will probably find some examples of it in use.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

• 1 year later...

Hi Chris,

I've installed version 1.0 and was making changes to meet my needs...are there any major benefits to changing to 3.0? 1.0 almost does the trick...

I'm using this to call accessories for the product being viewed...so I needed this to pull related items according to $cPath. All I do is call the current products $cPath then add "_4" since any accessories will fall under a sub category of '4'.

Since the change I get a loop that matches the qty of products found...

I have 5 test products and all five will show up 5 times each (5 total sets).

You can see what I mean here: Scroll down to see accessories

Any Idea how to prevent that from happening?

Here is what the code looks like:

$current_path = $cPath . '_4';
$famid_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_family = '" . $current_path . "'");
while ($thisquery = tep_db_fetch_array($famid_query)) {
if ($thisquery['products_family'] != '') {
$my_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id != '" . $currentid . "' and products_family = '" . $thisquery['products_family'] . "'");

My issue may be farther down...I'm not sure.

I'm still developing my skills...so sorry if my question is elementary.

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by B1TZM@ST3R

How can you get this to be added to the new product or product edit screen?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

How can you get this to be added to the new product or product edit screen?

This has been made available in the newest version of Family Products (along with some other nice features). A demo can be seen here:

http://eclyptiq.bluelinehifi.com/fam_demo/

http://eclyptiq.bluelinehifi.com/fam_demo/admin

Unfortunately I am under contract not to release this through the community. If you would like to purchase a license, you may do so by contacting me through the forums, or emailing me directly.

Thanks.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

This has been made available in the newest version of Family Products (along with some other nice features). A demo can be seen here:

http://eclyptiq.bluelinehifi.com/fam_demo/

http://eclyptiq.bluelinehifi.com/fam_demo/admin

Unfortunately I am under contract not to release this through the community. If you would like to purchase a license, you may do so by contacting me through the forums, or emailing me directly.

Thanks.

-Chris

Chris,

Send me an email with the price for the license. The look you have on this I like and that is what I have been looking to do with our site.

Thank

Vince

• 1 month later...

Is it possible, that the search function also finds the product families? I need to display the family "kawasaki" for example with all its products when someone enters "kawasaki" in the search field!

Can that problem be solved?

And is it also possible to make something like the "category" box, where all the families are listed and you can directly select them?

Please help

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if it would be possible to have Family Products display the Products Model instead of the Price?

I had attempted to do this myself without much success; although I did get it to display the Products Name twice but that wasn?t quite what I was looking for :blush: not being a programmer I think that it is probably over my head!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, ~ Mandy

• 1 year later...
Alright guys.....it's been a long time coming. Get ready for it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1570

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

-Chris Sullivan

hello, my English is so and so, i have installed your contrib and there are not function problem but there is a problem in the shop

in the shop when i look a product with a family product in the box or in the list of famaly products the price is not right.

prodA 2000,00 eur

family products:

prudB 20,00 eur (the real price is 15,00 eur)

prodC 20,00 eur (the real price is 27,00 eur)

i buy the prodB and in the shopchatr the price is the real price 15,00

n.b i use the Totalb2b pack (price without tax)

can you help me?

• 1 month later...

I have been using this mod for ages...but I noticed that if a person has items in their shopping cart, and goes to click one of the products in their shopping cart...they get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{12}87' at line 1

select products_family from products where products_id = 132{12}87

[TEP STOP]

Any thoughts?

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know how I could add the "Products Short Description" contribution to this Family Products? It works nicely (Family Products) but I would like to have the short description show up in the "Family" display as well. I am unable to figure out how to alter the code to get this to work.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.