• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error creating account

Hi all, I have jsut installed oscom and tried creating a new account in order to run through the ordering process. when i get to the end of the form and submit the data i recieve the following error messages.

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\sexshop\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\sexshop\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:502) in C:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\sexshop\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

anyone got any ideas whats going on. I am running on my home pc for development purposes.

thanks

Ian

Ian,

admin > Configuration > E-Mail > Send E-Mails, set to false. There is no point in getting this working at home when it will be entirely different in a production environment.

If you absolutely must, there is an SMTP w/ authentication contribution that will allow you to set it to talk to the same mail server as does your email client.

Hth,

Matt

Archived