• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN oddities...help!!!

CJAndT

I have the Paypal IPN module, v. 0.981 for MS2 installed, and functional for the most part. It accepts payments, and the orders show up in the store fine.

What my concerns are, are the following.

Once redirected to PayPal, the "Item Number" is actually the OSC order#, and the "Item Name" is the OSC store name, and not the products name.

Also, when I change the status of the order to "delivered", the email notification sent to the customer shows "Your order status has been updated to." and then nothing - no status is listed.

The email works fine for all other payment options.

Thanks for any insight :)

• 2 months later...
I have the Paypal IPN module, v. 0.981 for MS2 installed, and functional for the most part.  It accepts payments, and the orders show up in the store fine.

What my concerns are, are the following.

Once redirected to PayPal, the "Item Number" is actually the OSC order#, and the "Item Name" is the OSC store name, and not the products name.

Also, when I change the status of the order to "delivered", the email notification sent to the customer shows "Your order status has been updated to." and then nothing - no status is listed.

The email works fine for all other payment options.

Thanks for any insight :)

has anyone figured this out yet?

I've got the same problem. Item title shows up as the store name instead of actual product name. and item number is strangely numbered such as 28, 29. making it very hard if not impossible to track orders......

sorry if a solution si out there already. but my search didnt turn out very lucky!

: P