• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only accreditated customers see prices

waitsee

I have tried to find a solution, but I couldn't. Since I am a php-newbie, I have not (yet) created my own solution.

What I want?

I want only users that have gotten an accreditation to be able to see prices. So an existing client of my shop gets an accreditation (by hand) and wil be able to see prices. Others may be able to register, but can only see prices after I have accreditated them.

Who can help?

I have installed "control login". It works fine. But.................when a new user registers, he.she is immediately logged in.

Now Matt wrote an addition to the contribution and he says to add tep_session_destroy(); in the file create_account_success.php.

I don't know how exactly do this.

Please help me with this last step.

I have installed "control login".

I guess I'm an even newer "newbie" as I can't figure out how to install this very thing. Interestingly enough, I do know/am learning how to do the rest of it! Lucky me? Anyway, if someone could give me a hint on what to do with the .tar.gz file once I've downloaded it, I'd sure appreciate it! <Victoria, feeling rather wacked out ~~~~> :wacko: >

I have downloaded control_login_2.0.zip. So it is a zip-file, which can be unzippend with Winzip or Winrar. You will see 2 txt-files with detailed instructions what files how to change.

You also have to alter the database. This can be done with phpMyAdmin. When you use the SQL-feature of phpMyAdmin, you can insert "ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_status int(1) NOT NULL default '0';" and then press the start-button. The table is modified then.

The rest of the contribution takes you by the hand in 6 easy steps.

By the way, when I modify a php-file, I first back-up it by naming it login2.php. Then I modify the login.php with comments where the changes are. If something goes wrong, then I rename the 2-file to '' and upload it.

I have installed "control login". It works fine. But.................when a new user registers, he.she is immediately logged in.

Now Matt wrote an addition to the contribution and he says to add tep_session_destroy(); in the file create_account_success.php.

I don't know how exactly do this.

Please help me with this last step.

Still not working. Anybody?

Archived