• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Beauty Store Up www.bloominglily.com

fasteddie

I think is a nice store. How much for the kiss in the front page :D

I would change the buttons for something that mach the colors of you layout. Right now I see you are using the same buttons from osCommerce.

Like the colors, I think they are appropriate for a beauty store.

Dec

No more outside links here!

All in my opinion only !!!

A store selling beauty products should look beautiful. Though yours is highly functional, you haven't done an awful lot to make it look decent.

Coloour scheme is awful. Black, grey and 3 ?? shades of pink don't work for me.

With a domain name like "bloominglily", I would definately have a very understated, classic looking site, with a really hi-resolution picture of a lily in the header - cool, calm, relaxing. Just like a beauty site should be.

Sorry for the negative comments.

I do appreciate any comments, so flame away! :)

I shall try to beautify the store as much as I can, but I'm far from a graphics or design master. I did take high-res pictures of the actual products. Most are pretty good, some need to be redone I think.

I really don't like that initial splash screen which redirects to the shop.... I think you should ditch that.

The shop itself is basically default oscommerce functionality which is good but yer I agree that you are selling cosmentic products so it needs to be classy with some nice graphics and I'd play with the layout as well.

Burt is spot on... Beauty products = A beautiful site

You want your customers to feel beautiful when they come there, not turned off my colours that don't really go etc... show them why they should buy from you! ;)

Dan

hmm, well, did finish a new logo. :)

As for layout, we basically looked at some of the more "established" companies selling similar things. We picked and chose which options we liked. I really need more female opinions on site colors.

What you need is opinion from your customers.... conduct what I like to call an 'Experience Review'. Get a few people to use the site and give them a bunch of questions you would like them to answer. Ask them about colour, style, usability, easy of use etc...

I always do this sort of thing before launching an E-Commerce site because in my experience if you launch a bad or faulty site it will deter people from coming back. When you launch, do it right... the first time.

Dan

If I were you, I would make the font (link) in the header smaller. Also the color for whole site is not quite coordinated. And the color for infobox border hasn't been changed, it's still the defaut color. If you like the combination of black, white and hot pink, why not try to make it a black background, white font and hot pink border?! Just an idea. But for me (as a girl), I would like a beauty shop white or blue based with a clean style. :P

Archived