• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Recently Viewed Products

heliosquare

This is a simple mod that tracks which products a visitor clicks on and displays text

links to those products in a box, (column left/right or wherever you want) thereby giving the visitor the oppotunity to easily revisit those products with just one click. The code included assumes you will use one of the columns. The text links displayed in the box are updated each time the visitor navigates to another products page and the most recently visited product sits at the top of the list. The code relys on a cookie to hold a unique identifying number for the product tracking to work. You can see an example of this mod by visiting the following web site: www.frigidfluidco.com

Click around the site and visit a few product pages to see it work.

The package can be found here:

Download package

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

I got ahead of myself and did not check the current contributions before I uploaded mine and now realize there is already a recently viewed contrib. The difference b/w mine and the other one is that mine will "live" b/w logins. It doesn't care if you are logged in or not. The cookie will live for as long as you tell it to. The recently viewed list stays active until the cookie dies or the current session dies, whichever comes first...

Edited by heliosquare

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

UPS Tracking

HI

very nice a useful contribution... I hope to use it...

I am just wandering if it could be adapted or it is easy to actually add the products by clicking on a images instead of having it added automatically..

the reason is that not all the product viewed are needed for later. but a customer like to add only the products that will review later..

Thanks

• 1 year later...
ANyone using this contrib successfully? 

All I get is the line

No products viewed...or cookies not enabled.

Yes cookies are enabled...

Thanks..

I'm using it successfully...that message says "No product's viewed OR cookies not enabled." Try clicking on a few products and see if the list gets populated

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Yeah no go..

just went to your site and see that you are have search engine safe urls turned on. That is why it isn't working because product_info.php is looking for $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] in order to populate the recently_viewed table...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

just went to your site and see that you are have search engine safe urls turned on.  That is why it isn't working because product_info.php is looking for $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] in order to populate the recently_viewed table...

Hmm ok thanks for the reply. I won't be turning that off in a hurry so I guess I will have to live with out this contrib.

Thanks again..