• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

i have just installed this. It seems to work, however there is 1 problem: when i enter a new link in the admin, it appears only in 1 language on the frontend (i use 2 languages). In the other language it does not appear. Look for yourself here: http://www.micro-wings.com. When i change language in the admin, the link is gone. Do i have to enter each link twice, or is there a workaround this?

anyone please?

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you follow the insructions in update_changes_v_1.09_to_1.10.txt?

Jack

i dont have that document in my version? I did not update it from a previous version, its the first time i install this.

Matthias Thoen

i just downloaded version 1.10.

3 items to be changed. The update.txt speaks about updating links.php, and changing something in the MySQL database.

I have updated the links.php, and i have looked into the database, but it looks ok. The problem remains however.

the table links_status looks as this:

1  1  Pending
2  1  Approved
3  1  Disabled
4  1  Waiting
1  2  Pending
2  2  Approved
3  2  Disabled
4  2  Waiting
1  3  Pending
2  3  Approved
3  3  Disabled
4  3  Waiting
1  4  Pending
2  4  Approved
3  4  Disabled
4  4  Waiting

Matthias Thoen

Hi,

After the links are setup and I go to the site and click on the new link that someone has submitted and been approved the clicks don't show up in the admin.

Am I doing something wrong?

No one can help with the database problem?

Still getting error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/links.php on line 648

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Only when trying to read something from the database. I'm a rookie with mysql.

i just downloaded version 1.10.

3 items to be changed. The update.txt speaks about updating links.php, and changing something in the MySQL database.

I have updated the links.php, and i have looked into the database, but it looks ok. The problem remains however.

I just tried it and it isn't working here either. I'm sure I tested that before so I can't say right now what the problem is. I will put it on the list of things to look at. Can't say when I will get to it though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

After the links are setup and I go to the site and click on the new link that someone has submitted and been approved the clicks don't show up in the admin.

Am I doing something wrong?

The click counts only show on the shop side, and then only if that option is enabled.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The click counts only show on the shop side, and then only if that option is enabled.

Jack

Jack,

I found the problem. The sql info is very hard to understand with part of the info in the Base de Datos.txt file and the other in the update_etc... text file.

I am suggesting you make ONE sql text doc for each language called links_manager_english.sql, links_manager_spanish.sql, links_manager_german.sql or whatever you want to name them and put this in each changing the language numbers for the spanish and german ones.

This one is for the english version only:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('','Click Count','ENABLE_LINKS_COUNT','True','Enable links click count.',737,1,NULL,'2006-04-18 14:17:19',NULL,'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('','Spider Friendly Links','ENABLE_SPIDER_FRIENDLY_LINKS','True','Enable spider friendly links (recommended).',737,2,NULL,'2006-04-18 14:17:19',NULL,'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Links Image Width', 'LINKS_IMAGE_WIDTH', '120', 'Maximum width of the links image.', 737, 3, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:23:49', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Links Image Height', 'LINKS_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '60', 'Maximum height of the links image.', 737, 4, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:24:24', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Link Image', 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE', '1', 'Do you want to display the Link Image?', 737, 5, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:25:18', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Link URL', 'LINK_LIST_URL', '4', 'Do you want to display the Link URL?', 737, 6, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:25:39', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Link Title', 'LINK_LIST_TITLE', '2', 'Do you want to display the Link Title?', 737, 7, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:26:05', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Link Title as links', 'TITLES_AS_LINKS', 'False', 'Make the links title a link.', 737, 8, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:26:27', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Links Category images', 'SHOW_LINKS_CATEGORIES_IMAGE', 'True', 'Display the images for the Links Categories.', 737, 9, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:26:55', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Link Description', 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION', '3', 'Do you want to display the Link Description?', 737, 10, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:27:18', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Display Link Click Count', 'LINK_LIST_COUNT', '5', 'Do you want to display the Link Click Count?', 737, 11, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:27:44', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Link Title Minimum Length', 'ENTRY_LINKS_TITLE_MIN_LENGTH', '2', 'Minimum length of link title.', 737, 12, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:28:09', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Link URL Minimum Length', 'ENTRY_LINKS_URL_MIN_LENGTH', '10', 'Minimum length of link URL.', 737, 13, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:28:37', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Link Description Minimum Length', 'ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_MIN_LENGTH', '10', 'Minimum length of link description.', 737, 14, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:28:59', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Link Description Maximum Length', 'ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_MAX_LENGTH', '200', 'Maximum length of link description.', 737, 15, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:29:22', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Link Contact Name Minimum Length', 'ENTRY_LINKS_CONTACT_NAME_MIN_LENGTH', '2', 'Minimum length of link contact name.', 737, 16, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:29:45', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Links Check Phrase', 'LINKS_CHECK_PHRASE', 'sabercomerbien.com', 'Phrase to look for, when you perform a link check.', 737, 17, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:37:53', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Links open in new page', 'LINKS_OPEN_NEW_PAGE', 'True', 'Open links in new page when clicked.', 737, 18, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:38:12', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Maximum Links to Display', 'MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY', '20', 'How many links should be displayed per page?', 737, 19, NULL, '2005-09-19 16:38:37', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES ('737', 'Links', 'Links Manager configuration options', 99, 1);

CREATE TABLE `link_categories` (

`link_categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`link_categories_image` varchar(64) default NULL,

`link_categories_sort_order` int(3) default NULL,

`link_categories_date_added` datetime default NULL,

`link_categories_last_modified` datetime default NULL,

`link_categories_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`link_categories_id`),

KEY `idx_link_categories_date_added` (`link_categories_date_added`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;

CREATE TABLE `link_categories_description` (

`link_categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',

`link_categories_name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

`link_categories_description` text,

PRIMARY KEY (`link_categories_id`,`language_id`),

KEY `idx_link_categories_name` (`link_categories_name`)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE `links` (

`links_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`links_url` varchar(255) default NULL,

`links_reciprocal_url` varchar(255) default NULL,

`links_image_url` varchar(255) default NULL,

`links_contact_name` varchar(64) default NULL,

`links_contact_email` varchar(96) default NULL,

`links_date_added` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

`links_last_modified` datetime default NULL,

`links_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

`links_clicked` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`links_rating` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`links_id`),

KEY `idx_links_date_added` (`links_date_added`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=10 ;

CREATE TABLE `links_description` (

`links_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`links_title` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

`links_description` text,

PRIMARY KEY (`links_id`,`language_id`),

KEY `links_title` (`links_title`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=10 ;

CREATE TABLE `links_status` (

`links_status_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`links_status_name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY (`links_status_id`,`language_id`),

KEY `idx_links_status_name` (`links_status_name`)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO links_status VALUES (1, 1, 'Pending');

INSERT INTO links_status VALUES (2, 1, 'Approved');

INSERT INTO links_status VALUES (3, 1, 'Disabled');

INSERT INTO links_status VALUES (4, 1, 'Waiting');

CREATE TABLE `links_to_link_categories` (

`links_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`link_categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`links_id`,`link_categories_id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

====================================

Then add some text to the readme file on the configuration:

In your store admin under Configuration you will find the "Links" configuration. Click on it and setup the links configuration as needed.

The most important value in the "Links" configuration is the "Links Check Phrase" value. It should be set to your domain because this value will be checked to see if the url is on the exchanged site.

Edited by modom

I just tried it and it isn't working here either. I'm sure I tested that before so I can't say right now what the problem is. I will put it on the list of things to look at. Can't say when I will get to it though.

Jack

ok thanks

Matthias Thoen

I'm having problem installing the links manager. I know the reason is because I'm using a #$%# template from template monster. Here is the problem I have:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_LINKS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oceanham/public_html/shop/links.php on line 41

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_LINKS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oceanham/public_html/shop/links.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_LINKS' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/oceanham/public_html/shop/links.php on line 41

Anyone had that problem before? I know it is always a problem to install any contributions on a template. I tried to find information about it but nothing yet.

I reinstalled all files and all so I'm pretty sure it's not an editing mistake.

Thank you in advance,

David

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

Hi,

Do you have this in includes/filenames.php?

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin

define('FILENAME_LINKS', 'links.php');

define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT', 'links_submit.php');

define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT_SUCCESS', 'links_submit_success.php');

define('FILENAME_LINK_LISTING', 'link_listing.php');

define('FILENAME_LINK_SEARCH', 'link_search.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_LINKS_HELP', 'popup_links_help.php');

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

Do you have the includes/languages/english/links.php page in here plus the other links.php page in the root? It looks like you are missing the links.php file in the english folder or whatever language you are using but not sure.

Hi,

Do you have this in includes/filenames.php?

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin

define('FILENAME_LINKS', 'links.php');

define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT', 'links_submit.php');

define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT_SUCCESS', 'links_submit_success.php');

define('FILENAME_LINK_LISTING', 'link_listing.php');

define('FILENAME_LINK_SEARCH', 'link_search.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_LINKS_HELP', 'popup_links_help.php');

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

Do you have the includes/languages/english/links.php page in here plus the other links.php page in the root? It looks like you are missing the links.php file in the english folder or whatever language you are using but not sure.

Jeezzz thank you so much, I can't believe I could be that stupid. No I did not.... add the codes in the filenames.php. My name is David and I am an idiot. Thank you so much for your reply. After like 4 hours of search and tries. Thanks,

David

It's not working perfect yet but I'm definitely on the way.

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

:thumbsup:

I had a lot of questions on this contribution and took me a while because of the documentation and you're not an idiot!

I posted a new sql file and some things I learned earlier in these posts so would be good to keep.

Edited by modom

This is a great contribution, thanks.

I am having 2 issues:

The first problem is with submitting links from the shop. links_submit.php is showing a blank page. I have bts installe, and i have triple checked the install procedure and all went fine.

In my admin side, under configuration i have the links link shown twice.

Links can be created from admin with no problem.

Thanks for any help.

You can't install Links Manager, or many contributions for that matter, as the instructions state when you have bts installed. The files in the catalog section need to be broken up into the files required by bts.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I know this is going to sound really really dumb but here it goes.

I installed it and it is working great however when you go to view a link the top right image doesnt display. What I have found is that it calls for the table_background_list.gif I can not find anywhere in the code where this is I know I am over looking it somewhere. Also I know the image is there and I have no idea as to why it isnt being display.

Does anyone have an idea

Thanks,

Eric

The table_background_list.gif is only shown if the link category doesn't have an image associated with it. So go to admin->Links Manager->Link Categories, click on edit for a category and make sure the image is empty or the image there actually exists. You could try changing it to something else just to make sure it works, like arrow_down.gif.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hopefully this will be a quick fix. I have run out of ideas. Yesterday I installed Ultimate SEO URLs & have it disabled because with it on, when you click on one of the cateogries you get sent to a non-displayable page.

Today, I installed Links Manager for OSC & all the link sections in the admin page show up, you can add links, etc. however, there are no links displayed on the website. I cannot figure out what I have done/not done to get the links to show up on the homepage. I had the Fixed Width With CSS2 contrib installed & have even taken that off to see if by limiting the page width I was keeping the links from showing up. Even without the fixed page width the links still don't show up. I have put the fixed page width back on.

Has anyone else had this same problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The website is http://www.custom-farmnet.com

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated!

Hopefully this will be a quick fix. I have run out of ideas. Yesterday I installed Ultimate SEO URLs & have it disabled because with it on, when you click on one of the cateogries you get sent to a non-displayable page.

Today, I installed Links Manager for OSC & all the link sections in the admin page show up, you can add links, etc. however, there are no links displayed on the website. I cannot figure out what I have done/not done to get the links to show up on the homepage. I had the Fixed Width With CSS2 contrib installed & have even taken that off to see if by limiting the page width I was keeping the links from showing up. Even without the fixed page width the links still don't show up. I have put the fixed page width back on.

Has anyone else had this same problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The website is http://www.custom-farmnet.com

Hi, is it possible that you forgot to approved the link because I had that kind of problem too and that fixed it. Also if you did not create a link category, it won't show up.. i think. Hope it helps,

David

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Did you install the latested one it has a fix for it. Also I am having an issue at the moment with Ultimate SEO urls with the redirect example, view a product and click the back button it shows an error of the link redirect is in a fashion that will never comlete. When on mouse over it displays at the bottom left of the browser window the url of the product that I am actually view in a standard osc format.

Just for a head up so to speak, other that I love this contrib

Hope this helps

Eric

Hi, is it possible that you forgot to approved the link because I had that kind of problem too and that fixed it. Also if you did not create a link category, it won't show up.. i think. Hope it helps,

David

Dear David: Thank you for your reply. I did approve all 3 of the links that I have put in although none of them will do a sucessfull reciprocating link check. All 3 of the websites that I have put a link for do have my website on their page however, the link check fails. One of the websites is one that I manage & I know the link is there & the other 2 I can see when I go to their website although the other sites have them further into their site. Do you know if the link check has to pass for them to show on the store page even though you have listed them as approved under link admin?

"Modom" on May 7th indicates that a new sql file was posted however I cannot find it. In reading the posts from Modom I am unsure which file was changed because in the fresh install an sql file isn't run. I have rechecked the installation files & they all seem to be fine. Everything seems to be working fine on related to being able to put links in, I have 3 categories put in, images upload & I have tried making each of the 3 links as waiting & then as approved but nothing I do makes the links appear on the store page.

Does anyone have any ideas to get the links to appear? Modom had indicated to pay particular attention to the Links Check Phrase however, I can't find the file she is referring to. In the links_setup.php file their is the statement

array("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Links Check Phrase', 'LINKS_CHECK_PHRASE', '" . $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SERVER_NAME'] . "', 'Phrase to look for, when you perform a link check.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '17', now())"),

The above phrase appears to be the coding for Links Check Phrase in Configuration, Links & in this section I have placed http://www.custom-farmnet.com

Any help would be so gratefully appreciated!

Did you install the latested one it has a fix for it. Also I am having an issue at the moment with Ultimate SEO urls with the redirect example, view a product and click the back button it shows an error of the link redirect is in a fashion that will never comlete. When on mouse over it displays at the bottom left of the browser window the url of the product that I am actually view in a standard osc format.

Just for a head up so to speak, other that I love this contrib

Hope this helps

Eric

Dear Eric: Thank you for your e-mail. The Ultimate SEO URLs contrib I originally installed was v2.2 (April 8, 2006). I have replaced the seo.class.php file in the catalog/includes/classes directory with the May 9th redirection &Param= seo.class.php file courtesy of edgecrush3r (thank you for this!) however, it didn't help my redirection issues.

With the following settings

SEO URLs

Title Value Action

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add cPath to product URLs? true

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Filter Short Words 3

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable articles cache? true

Enable topics cache? true

Enable information cache? true

Enable link directory cache? true

Enable automatic redirects? false

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Clicking on the Category Round Pens sends you to http://custom-farmnet.com/oscommerce/round-pens-c-21.html - which is a non-existent page. I tried turning off & on the automatic redirects but it didn't make any difference.

With Ultimate SEO turned off, clicking on the round pens category sends you to http://custom-farmnet.com/oscommerce/index.php/cPath/21 - which is the list of the various round pens available. With this contrib turned off, you can navigate throughout the site correctly.

I see that shawnm indicates that there is an alternative v2.1d but I can't find this one. Does anyone know where I can find it? Has anyone run into this redirection problem & been able to fix it?