Hi,

This the info my client sent me:

Here is the page where my link is located on the www.petdoor.com web site

http://www.petdoors.com/links/kennelshadesandcovers.html

This is what I get in my admin of link manager

Check Link

Link Check Result: Not Found

http://www.petdoors.com/links/kennelshadesandcovers.html

I put my cursor over their link and it goes to www.shadenthings.com and not a database.

are you still using links manager? if so, how in the world did you get the link titles seo-friendly??

like this:

http://www.petdoors.com/links/doglinks.html

Edited by eww

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the url for the actual links page or the url for the links on the page? If the former, then that won't change.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For all those interested in a link directory with SEO friendly URLs, I have modified/added the following two contributions.

Ultimate SEO Friendly URLs v2.2 (Original contribution & programming credits to Chemo)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823

and

Links Manager for OSC v1.2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1256

Together, they allow Links Manager for OSC to display SEO friendly link page URLs in the form

www.yourdomain.com/directory-page-name-links-##.html

where ## is the directory number.

View the contribution live (and please feel free to submit your site) at http://www.nventa.com/links.php

Edited by Nventa

After upgrading to the package by Nventa and upgading Ultimate SEO on my test site I get the following error when attempting to view a link catagory

Warning: Division by zero in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 59

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY' at line 1

select ld.links_description, l.links_url, ld.links_title, l.links_id from links_description ld, links l, links_to_link_categories l2lc where ( l.links_status = '2' or l.links_status = '4' ) and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.language_id = '1' and l2lc.link_categories_id = '3' order by ld.links_title limit -0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

[TEP STOP]

Links Manager worked fine with the previous version I had installed, I think it was version 1.10. What could I have missed during the update.

I also get the error in the admin.

Thanks

Sean

i've added an extra field to the database to enter keywords for a meta tag and to allow banners to show up on a specified category (so i don't have to display them on all or none anymore)

what i did is in admin/link_categories.php i duplicated the link_categories_description field.

i can add, delete, etc. fine... but the text that's already in the database can't be pulled unless i delete:

tep_get_link_category_banners($cInfo->link_categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']
  }

$link_category_banners_inputs_string = '';
  for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
	$link_category_banners_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' <br>' . tep_draw_textarea_field('link_categories_banners[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '40', '5', tep_get_link_category_banners($cInfo->link_categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
  }

if i leave as is (the former), i get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_link_category_banners() in /admin/link_categories.php on line 298

this is line 298:

$link_category_banners_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' <br>' . tep_draw_textarea_field('link_categories_banners[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '40', '5', tep_get_link_category_banners($cInfo->link_categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

can anyone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong? everything works smoothly on the catalog side, i just can't get past this little problem

No matter how many links I have, "Check Links" (which checks All Links) in admin never checks the last entry. It always checks one less than the total number of links. How do I correct this?

Don't knowif you found an answer for this yet. I have had the same thing happen and it was the result of there being to many links on the page it was checking and the server timed out.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Hi All,

Firstly, great contribution...

I have a FRESH install of Oscommerce 2.2ms2-051113 with only CCGV installed.

Apache 2.0.55, PHP 5.1.1, MySQL 4.1

I performed the install of Links Manager 1.2 (by Nventa 8 Apr 2006).

1. VERY SLOW PAGE LOAD: when selecting a link category on catalog/links.php. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. LINK SUBCATEGORIES: I really need an ability to have a sub-category within the link category. Has anyone figured out how to do this? (I should think it would be too hard, but I'm not a coding/sql expert).

3. ADMIN ERRORS: When selecting 'New Link' on the /catalog/admin/links.php I get top of page errors, however the functionality of the page still works.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\links.php on line 177

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\links.php on line 177

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

This error also occurs when creating a 'new Link' on catalog/admin/link_categories.php

Any help would be appreciated.

Otherwise, a great contribution.

I really need some help here. My links.php page was working great then I tried installing seo something other and reverted back to my backup. Now I get this error:

1146 - Table 'd12345678.TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION' doesn't exist

select link_categories_name from TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION where link_categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have tripple check the database, restored my db and I have no idea what to do. :o

Thanks for any help in advance

Is TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION defined in database_tables.php? What changes did you make before the code stopped working? What version of Links Manager are you using?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

ADMIN ERRORS: When selecting 'New Link' on the /catalog/admin/links.php I get top of page errors, however the functionality of the page still works.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\links.php on line 177

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\links.php on line 177

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

I also get the above errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have V2.0 installed, MySQL5 PHP5.

I hope this isn't another PHP5 / MySQL5 contrib that can't work with the newer versions, it would be a shame.

Lee

Solved it.

Just put add a category and viola!

Ooops, still have the same fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what can be causing this error in Admin?

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/links.php on line 177

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/links.php on line 177

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

I am not able to do anything in links manager??

I'm also getting this in the links manager in admin:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/links.php on line 647

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Replace this section using this code in admin/links.php and see what happens.

default:

//$links_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_id, ld.links_title, l.links_url, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_email, l.links_status, l.links_image_url, l.links_contact_name, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status, l.links_rating from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on ld.links_id = l.links_id where ld.links_id = l.links_id and l.links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['lID'] . "' and ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$links_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_id, ld.links_title, l.links_url, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_email, l.links_status, l.links_image_url, l.links_contact_name, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status, l.links_rating from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on ld.links_id = l.links_id where ld.links_id = l.links_id and l.links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['lID'] . "'");

$links = tep_db_fetch_array($links_query);

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select lcd.link_categories_name as links_category from " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2lc left join " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " lcd on lcd.link_categories_id = l2lc.link_categories_id where l2lc.links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['lID'] . "' and lcd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if(is_array($links) && is_array($category)){

$lInfo_array = array_merge($links, $category);

}else{

$make_array_links = array($links);

$make_array_category = array($category);

$lInfo_array = array_merge($make_array_links, $make_array_category);

}

// $lInfo_array = array_merge($links, $category);

$lInfo = new objectInfo($lInfo_array);

}

}

I replaced it and i still get error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/cadlight/public_html/admin/links.php on line 657

I'm stuck here

seems its some error with

in links.php -> $lInfo_array = array_merge($links, $category);

in Object_info.php -> reset($object_array);

while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {

Any ideas...?????

hi,

i have just installed this. It seems to work, however there is 1 problem: when i enter a new link in the admin, it appears only in 1 language on the frontend (i use 2 languages). In the other language it does not appear. Look for yourself here: http://www.micro-wings.com. When i change language in the admin, the link is gone. Do i have to enter each link twice, or is there a workaround this?

thanks!

Matt

Edited by killerwhale65

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--