• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

Does anyone know how to post the links in an infobox and use links that relate to each category that the user is in when looking at products.

It sounds like you are talking about something like Google adwords?

This Links Mgr. is still in it's developmental-fundamental stage and that is pretty advanced for this contrib still trying to get the basics ironed out.

Sound cool however!

:D

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you are talking about something like Google adwords?

This Links Mgr. is still in it's developmental-fundamental stage and that is pretty advanced for this contrib still trying to get the basics ironed out.

Sound cool however!

:D

Well, I just got done doing it my self. You can check it out at url removed.net. I basically just ripped the links.php and the link_listing.php files apart and changing some key varibles around.

peace

sean

Edited by Mibble

Ok, I'm really confused here.

I've installed this contribution and tested and I have a couple of issues.

Issue 1: When filling out the submit a link form, I've noticed that the option to add your link to a particular category is greyed-out.

Issue 2: When in the administration tool, I can't find anyhere in there where I'm supposed to add, view, approved submitted links. I do see "Links" under the "Configuration" that allows me adjust opening links in new windows and so on. But nothing that lets approved or deny submitted links. However the confirmation emails are sent out to me and the person filling out the form fine.

Issue 3: On the readme file in the installation instructions, the last couple of edits refer to files that reside in to this path:

/catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

/catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

Where are these files? I'm not seeing them in the contribution. I follow this path looking for these files to edit and they are not there. I've scanned this thread and I haven't seen anything about this - but I do tend to overlook this often. I have this funny feeling these files have something to do with my problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My url is http://durtyshirt.com

-Tron

1 - Do you have the category created in admin?

2 - admin->Links Manager->Links->Edit.

3 - In admin.

Jack

Ok, I am a big dummy.:blink: I took the installations instructions too literally. My problem is that I was expected those files to come with the contribution. I didn't realize I need to edit the files that were already in the ocCommerce admin folders. Alright now I see what I'm supposed to see and everything looks fine in the admin panel.

My new problem is, why when I click the links they don't redirect anywhere?

-Tron

When you mouse over the links, the complete url should appear at the bottom of the browser. Is it a valid url? If you type the url into a browser, does the page display?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I got the redirect link to function properly by turning of the Clicks Counter. I saw something about turning it off earlier in this thread so I tried it and it seems to work now. - Kind of strange? I couldn't tell you why it doesn't functions with it on, but I'm just happy everything seems to so I won't question it.

Thanks a million for taking the time to help! For a newbie I really appreciate the help.

-Tron

I don't have that problem. The image displays fine in either. Maybe there is a setting in FireFox that is preventing the image from being shown? Have you tried clearing cache? Try right clicking on the image in firefox and copy/paste that url to a new browser. Does it display then?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't have that problem. The image displays fine in either. Maybe there is a setting in FireFox that is preventing the image from being shown? Have you tried clearing cache? Try right clicking on the image in firefox and copy/paste that url to a new browser. Does it display then?

Jack

Yes image url is fine to the image, I have cleared the cache, and also tried firefox in safe mode eliminiating any extensions effecting it. IE is flawless.

This is weird, the only images on the site that does not display, I even tried a new and different link and image still the same in firefox. I need to get on another system here with firefox 1.6 & 1.7.

Thanks

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

I assumed the op was refering to an html page full of links. But if she is moving from one oscommerce shop to another then your suggestion would cetainly work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I assumed the op was refering to an html page full of links. But if she is moving from one oscommerce shop to another then your suggestion would cetainly work.

Jack

I'm moving from a links manager to oscommerce.....so one by one is how i'll go....maybe two by two. Any way thanks for the quick answer....that saved me a lot of time searching here and more time to transfer :blush:

Jack

I found the problem !! In Firefox tools-options-web features you have to un-check "load images for the originating web site only"

Just in case anyone else has the same problem of their images in the link manager not showing up.

Now I can load up my links manager

Jimmy

DVBHardware.com

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

• 2 months later...

i just sent a crawler to my site to generate a sitemap. it found these links:

http://www.mysite.com/links_submit.html?lPath=1&sort=1a

http://www.mysite.com/links_submit.html?lPath=2&sort=1a

http://www.mysite.com/links_submit.html?lPath=3&sort=1a

this bot only follows links, and i deleted the sort links from the category headers of my link page (title, description) , so i'm not sure how it found these url's.

any ideas how i could stop it? i don't need link sorting at all.

Having a few minor problems installing this on my version of oscommerce 2.2 MS2

I got so far and thought i'd finished ran the links_setup file but unfortunately it says the links manager is already running

on returning to my homepage i found that these errors were appearing on the sites homepage

Can anyone shed any light as to why they're appearing?

I believe it might have something to do with me not uploading a file however even when i upload a file to /includes/boxes/links.php it makes no difference as another single error is displayed.

Thanks

Regards

Tom Lowes

Narrowed the problem down somewhat to these three lines of code, or rather just one as the comments are not needed

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php');

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

There is something php doesn't like about the directory/location of 'links.php' could someone tell me why its referencing to try and find the file.. here... (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php)

and also how to stop it looking here for the file links.php?

Edited by thewebmaster

Hello,

Please correct me if I am not on the right thread here ..

I would like to skip the page which ask for the category when showing the links.

It would be even better if we could drop the whole category differentation.

Is there a (simple,) way to achieve this?

The link managers otherwise seems to be a very usefull tool!

And .. yes .. how do the search engines find/treat the page, if the links don't show up directly?

TIA

Hello,

Please correct me if I am not on the right thread here ..

I would like to skip the page which ask for the category when showing the links.

It would be even better if we could drop the whole category differentation.

Is there a (simple,) way to achieve this?

The link managers otherwise seems to be a very usefull tool!

And .. yes .. how do the search engines find/treat the page, if the links don't show up directly?

TIA

You can't get rid of the categories without rewriting the code. But you can link to directly. Just visit the page that has your links in it to get the url. Then edit the Links url in the Information box, or wherever you have it, to go straight to that page. You would want to remove the link for categories on that page most likely too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry m8, if you go to my sites homepage here.... www.onlyfantasy.com

they're right on the homepage of the site.

sorry forgot to add this ;)

That error is saying the includes/boxes/links.php file doesn't exist. Are you sure you uploaded it?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That error is saying the includes/boxes/links.php file doesn't exist. Are you sure you uploaded it?

Jack

Hi,

Whoops, forgot about that file sorry everyone.

However this has left me with yet another problem, if you go back to the homepage there seems to be an error with the script trying to access the database, for some reason it's saying that it cannot redeclare something, i don't know why this is can anyone see what's going on

By the way if i go into the /includes/functions/database.php

and put in the username databse name and password all i get is exsactly the same error, so i just uploaded a normal database.php file and left it. I find it wierd that the script needs to access the database at all, can somenoe please tell me what i need to do to stop this redeclaring thingy happening thanks.