• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

This is the support thread. However, I personally only support my versions since it takes too much time to try to keep up with the various changes others make to the contribution. Ideally, the people that uploaded the other versions should support them but that rarely happens. If you want whatever option is added by the version you are using, then you have no choice but to use that version. But if it doesn't work, there may not be a solution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett (re post #927 of this thread)

Thanks for the attempt to get this contribution to work with SEO URLs. I've ran across the same problems as you've documented (the htaccess code alone does nothing but allow a link like auctions-links-15.html to resolve to the page links.php?lPath=15)

I am using Ultimate SEO Urls v2.2.2 so that's not the solution you'd hoped for.

Looking over the changes you've documented, it appears you are missing a change to the database?

Well, anyway, you've given me courage to wade into this, so I'll post a solution if I can figure this out.

Hey JACK,

1.) I have a question about the redirected URLs in your script. Can that be changed so there is no redirect, but rather straight URLs? I'd rather not get penalized by Google for the redirects. Also, the redirects make it nearly impossible for me to get reciprocal links from other sites whose programs look for THEIR Url in my pages.

2nd) I've had to set the CHECK FOR DUPLICATE LINKS option to false. With it set to True, everyone was getting the message that their site was already in the db, even though it wasn't. Where do I check to hunt down the problem?

Thanks.

Ok, I've added a line to the database table configuration for USE_SEO_CACHE_LINKS.

Was able to skip the first part of the instructions on post 927 about changing the function href_link.

The SEO URLS seem to be working well.

Thanks Brett!

Can someone please tell me what

"Enable spider friendly links (recommended)." in the admin -> configuration -> links is supposed to do?

I've tested it both true and false and it doesn't seem to do a darn thing with the URLs. So I must not be understanding the function of this setting.

Think I've found the issue of enabling the check for duplicate queries causing no submissions alllowed:

In links_submit.php, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this code merely say, "If there is anything in the database, return the error message"?

// CHECK FOR DUPLICATE ENTRIES
if (LINKS_CHECK_DUPLICATE == 'True') 
{
  $duplink_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_reciprocal_url,  ld.links_id, ld.links_title from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l, " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld where l.links_id = ld.links_id AND (ld.links_title = '" . $links_title . "' OR l.links_url = '" . $links_url . "' OR l.links_reciprocal_url = '" . $links_reciprocal_url . "' ) AND language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($duplink_query) > 0)
  {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add('submit_link', ENTRY_LINKS_DUPLICATE_ERROR);	
  }
}

Shouldn't the $duplink_query be COMPARING the submitted information TO the database?

If I'm correct, how should the code be written?

1.) I have a question about the redirected URLs in your script. Can that be changed so there is no redirect, but rather straight URLs? I'd rather not get penalized by Google for the redirects. Also, the redirects make it nearly impossible for me to get reciprocal links from other sites whose programs look for THEIR Url in my pages.
Have you tried turning off the link count option?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Installed and modified all files according to description. (v1.5)

2. To get the 'Our Link-Information' - Configuration into the

OSC Configuration,

Execute the SQL:

Add Links Manager ToConfig.sql

Gives me the following error:

SQL-query:

ADD Links Manager ToConfig.sql

MySQL retourneerde:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Add Links Manager ToConfig.sql' at line 1

[ Terug ]

Because of this error, I've got no links page in my admin-configuration.

Opening the links page on my site gives the following error:

1146 - Table 'db.link_categories_description' doesn't exist

select link_categories_name from link_categories_description where link_categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

See the error for yourself on http://www.rcplans.nl/catalog/links.php (live shop)

Who knows a solution?

Vincent

Duhhhhhhhhhh....

Noob alert.

This morning I checked the previous page. Couldn't find anything usefull. I decided to run the SQL code again.

I went looking for the code to insert in SQL, which I presumed was "Add Links Manager ToConfig.sql"

I just stumbled upon the FILE "Add Links Manager ToConfig.sql" in the contribution files...

I accidently was trying to run the sentence "Add Links Manager ToConfig.sql" in SQL, instead of running the sql file....

It works great now.

/end noob alert

Well....it works allmost great. I've got the following error:

Links

Below is our list of links for the Dutch RC webshops category.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'xor ld.language_id = '99')' at line 1

select count(l.links_id) as total from links_description ld, links l, links_to_link_categories l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1' and ( ld.language_id = '1' xor ld.language_id = '99')

[TEP STOP]

The solution to this problem seems to be:

Everyone who's been having that "1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'xor ld.language_id = '99')' at line 1..." error, here's the solution:

I've got PHP 4.3.2 installed.

"xor" is I believe some older binary operator. I changed it to "or" and it got rid of the error.

ciraklizer

"Ciraklizer" means to say:

1. open catalog/links.php

2. replace all "xor" by "or". (there are about five of them)

3. Save the changed file in catalog/links.php

Now the links manager really works.

Vincent

It's a coding error, causing it to show non-active links. To fix it, find this code in links.php

$categories_count_query = tep_db_query("select link_categories_id from " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " where link_categories_id = " . $categories['link_categories_id']);

and change it to

$categories_count_query = tep_db_query("select ltl.link_categories_id from " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " ltl, " . TABLE_LINKS . " l where l.links_id = ltl.links_id and l.links_status = '2' and link_categories_id = " . $categories['link_categories_id']);

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the attempt to get this contribution to work with SEO URLs. I've ran across the same problems as you've documented (the htaccess code alone does nothing but allow a link like auctions-links-15.html to resolve to the page links.php?lPath=15)

I am using Ultimate SEO Urls v2.2.2 so that's not the solution you'd hoped for.

Looking over the changes you've documented, it appears you are missing a change to the database?

Well, anyway, you've given me courage to wade into this, so I'll post a solution if I can figure this out.

Ok, I've added a line to the database table configuration for USE_SEO_CACHE_LINKS.

Was able to skip the first part of the instructions on post 927 about changing the function href_link.

The SEO URLS seem to be working well.

Thanks Brett!

No problem :)

I'm kind of stickler for standards, so this is just some constructive criticism for Jack. In future releases could you refrain from using colored text in the database entries? And use lowercase configuration variables? Every other true/false config var is lowercase except link manager which uses True/False. Nothing major, just a little obsessive compulsive over here :P

I've just installed v1.14 on my local test site. Everything seems to be working. The problem is the way it's displayed.

Catalog side-- When I click on the link in the info box... it's fine.

When I click on the link category, I lose part of my right column.

I normally have the shopping cart, then bestseller box, then faqdesk in the right column. I lose everything under the cart.

I've changed the display to vertical... no luck. Got rid of images... no luck. Chenged language display... no luck.

Any idea what I can do or change to fix this?

Any help is appreciated!

The problem appears to be a clash between FAQDesk & Links Manager. I'm not code savvy enough to fix it.

I installed Links on a vanilla site. Everything appears fine.

Now the question is if I can manage to remove FAQDesk.... can anyone tell me of a similar contrib that will work with Links Manager?

I don't know why it is failing on your site but I have installed both Links Manager and FAQ Desk into the same shop and they work fine together.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons