osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just download my version, searched it for TEXT_MAIN and it showed up where it should be. Maybe you didn't upload the files to your server. If you look in the files in the archive do you see it there?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That TEXT_MAIN is in the includes/languages/english/links_submit.php file and in the catalog/links_submit.php file just like your download but it doesn't show up on the website.

I don't know what to suggest then short of reloading the files, which I assume you did. There's nothing fancy about that part of the code. It loads in the file from the english directory as the rest of oscommerce files do.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Just installed V1.15 and everything seemed to go perfect. I have all the correct pages and controls in the catalog and in the admin area.

I setup my first catagory and added a test link. After the link was set active, the catagory view showed "(1)" next to the catagory title showing that a link was present. However, when I click on the catagory, it tells me there are no links in the catagory. Any ideas?

On a second note, is there a way to deal with optional reciprocal links? I definitely want reciprical links for exchange purposes but I'm toying with the idea of seting up link catagories for other links that I want to display for my customers that are not part of an exchange and might not include a reciprocal link. It appears that setting Require Reciprocal Links to false completely takes them away.

Edited by etzeppy

Just installed V1.15 and everything seemed to go perfect. I have all the correct pages and controls in the catalog and in the admin area.

I setup my first catagory and added a test link. After the link was set active, the catagory view showed "(1)" next to the catagory title showing that a link was present. However, when I click on the catagory, it tells me there are no links in the catagory. Any ideas?

On a second note, is there a way to deal with optional reciprocal links? I definitely want reciprical links for exchange purposes but I'm toying with the idea of seting up link catagories for other links that I want to display for my customers that are not part of an exchange and might not include a reciprocal link. It appears that setting Require Reciprocal Links to false completely takes them away.

I could be way off here, but I'm thinking my Links table is missing a field. Here is what it has:

links_id

links_url

links_reciprocal_url

links_image_url

links_contact_name

links_contact_email

links_date_added

links_last_modified

links_status

links_clicked

links_category_suggest

links_rating

I don't see link_categories_id in that table, which I assume needs to be there to relate back to a category. Is it possible that the V1.15 install is missing something in the SQL setup file?

If I'm right, can someone give me some pointers on how to fix it?

Thanks

I don't see link_categories_id in that table, which I assume needs to be there to relate back to a category. Is it possible that the V1.15 install is missing something in the SQL setup file?

never mind on that theory. That's what I get for poking in around in the database. I found how the relation is made. I have some other problem.

Check the settings in admin->Configuration->Links. You may have turned everything off. As for the reciproca links option, there is no way to currently do that in the contribution, short of changing the code. It will be an option in the next version though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Check the settings in admin->Configuration->Links. You may have turned everything off. As for the reciproca links option, there is no way to currently do that in the contribution, short of changing the code. It will be an option in the next version though.

Jack

Set everything to true except for the other languages and still nothing. The main link page shows a number next to catagory but I get "There are no links to list in this category." when I select the category.

I did notice in admin that I have two entries that say "Display in standard format". Should there be two of those?

No, there should only be one but that wouldn't cause the problem you are having.

Jack

I ran your links_db_update.php and that extra database entry cleaned up. I don't think I was supposed to do that since V1.15 claims to be a complete install with no updates required. Has anyone else reported problems V1.15? I suspect there is something wrong with that bundle. It's a pretty easy install. It would be tough to screw it up (although possible). Not sure where to go from here. I probably should have started with V1.14. I might have to undo it and go back. Since the database portion seems to be working, I might just replace the V1.15 php files with the V1.14 files and see what happens.

I only support my versions so I can't say if that version works or not. I can only say mine does. Running the links_db_update.php file, at least in my version, doesn't do much harm. It just removes the admin->configuration->Links options and re-enters them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please help,

I have recently installed the link manager version 1.13 on my website.

I can see the links part added to my index.

but once i click on links then i get the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\bestsoftstore.com\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\database.php:9) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\bestsoftstore.com\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\database.php on line 9

Please help....i have tried to search in the community but didn't get any topic on this...

I think the problem is probably with the links.php in the main catalog folder.

Ked

That's part of the stock oscommerce code and is not touched by the Links Manager code. If it just started happening after installing Links Manager, then you should back out the few changes made by the contribution to see if the problem goes away. If it does, add them back in until the error returns to find the file causing the problem

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I only support my versions so I can't say if that version works or not. I can only say mine does. Running the links_db_update.php file, at least in my version, doesn't do much harm. It just removes the admin->configuration->Links options and re-enters them.

Jack

I set Display ___ Links to "False" for all languages and it works now. When I had English set "True" and my links specified for either All or English, no results were displayed. Go figure. Anyway, it works.....

Hi folks

I just added the linksmanager to my testshop and on first sight everything looks great! The linkmanager and all the functions in the admin area work realy nice :)

But the thing is, I can add links, make categories and all the good stuff exept for the actually links showing up when I click on a catagory in my shop.

I doublechecked my aditions to the files and they all seem fine.

Anybody know where to look?

url: http://pleasuremegastore.jongotime.com/links.php

Edited by Hugoo

I don't have an answer for why that is happening but someone else just had that problem. You might try reading back in the thread a page or so.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi folks

I just added the linksmanager to my testshop and on first sight everything looks great! The linkmanager and all the functions in the admin area work realy nice :)

But the thing is, I can add links, make categories and all the good stuff exept for the actually links showing up when I click on a catagory in my shop.

I doublechecked my aditions to the files and they all seem fine.

Anybody know where to look?

url: http://pleasuremegastore.jongotime.com/links.php

Just had the same issue and fought with it for days. It turned out to be something with the language support. In the Admin links area I had English set "true" and everything else "false". For whatever reason it didn't work for me. When I set all languages "false" it started working.

That's part of the stock oscommerce code and is not touched by the Links Manager code. If it just started happening after installing Links Manager, then you should back out the few changes made by the contribution to see if the problem goes away. If it does, add them back in until the error returns to find the file causing the problem

Jack

Hi Jack,

JanZ got this solution....i am quite happy the error has gone now...

http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/e_...db_connect.html

cheers...

Hello,

Could somebody please help, i am just about getting my head around OSC !!

But when it comes to MYSQL well i do get a bit lost, i have just installed the Links Manager V1.5 and it all looks good, then i got to this bit of the installation:

------------------------------------

Further SQL CHANGES:

------------------------------------

1. Run this extra MySql statement to get control over the categories diplayed per row.

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (2140, 'Categories To List Per Row', 'MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW', '3', 'How many Link categories to list per row', 6502, 20, '2006-12-10 15:10:49', '2003-07-19 00:52:14', NULL, NULL);

----------------------------

2. To get the 'Our Link-Information' - Configuration into the

OSC Configuration,

Execute the SQL:

Add Links Manager ToConfig.sql

I have completed no 1 and got this:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration`

VALUES ( 2140, 'Categories To List Per Row', 'MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW', '3', 'How many Link categories to list per row', 6502, 20, '2006-12-10 15:10:49', '2003-07-19 00:52:14', NULL , NULL )

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '2140' for key 1

I have browsed the query AND mysql SAID :

SQL query:

SELECT *

FROM `configuration`

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", 2140, 'Categories To List Per Row', 'MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW', '3', 'How many Link categories to list per row', 6502, 20, '2006-12-10 15:10:49', '2003-07-19 00:52:14', NULL , NULL ) = "2140"

ORDER BY 2140 , 'Categories To List Per Row', 'MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW', '3', 'How many Link categories to list per row', 6502, 20, '2006-12-10 15:10:49', '2003-07-19 00:52:14', NULL , NULL

LIMIT 0 , 30

MySQL said:

#1054 - Unknown column '2140' in 'order clause'

Also i am totally lost with what 2 mean could anybody explain in english what i have to do ???

Thanks a Million

Darren

That's not from one of my versions so I can't say for sure but it looks like you are trying to add the sql change to the wrong configuration group ID. If that is so, you will need to find the correct id using phpmyadmin and change that statement so that it uses it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons