• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

the table displaying the links is getting out of whack when very long URL are shown, is there a way for me to set the decription TD portion to, lets say, 70% and get the table to adjust to it, perhaps even truncating the link so it will only show, lets say, 20 characters?

i tryed looking at the contribution and added $lc_width to all the coulmns and seting it to '0%' to all but the desciptions, but i could not see any changes in the table.....

i tryed to understand the table construction proccess but could not see how the

new linkListingBox($list_box_contents);

bit construct the table out of the differant :

case 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
		$lc_align = 'right';
		$lc_text = $listing['links_description'];
		$lc_width = '100%';
		break;

case bits...

can you help me ?

If you use the vertical listing option, it will probably give you more roon. In the standard listing, the cell widths are limited by the other cells in the table. The text should wrap, as I recall, but if not, you could remove some of the other cells by disabling the option in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at the top of this page. You will see a menu there with a Solutions menu item. Click on that and you will see a sub-item that says Downloads. Click on that the first package is for Update 060817. Doenload that.

Jack

:)

thanks.

I thought you are refering me to an update patch... :-"

Edited by altenter

If you use the vertical listing option, it will probably give you more roon. In the standard listing, the cell widths are limited by the other cells in the table. The text should wrap, as I recall, but if not, you could remove some of the other cells by disabling the option in admin.

Jack

thanks for the reply and the help,

i do not want to use the vertical option. i much prefer the regular horizontal look. is there a way to truncate the size of the URL ? i noticed it done on this forum when a link is too long there apears a '...' in it and its shortned.

i went to admin and try to eliminate the url column fro mdisplaying, tryed entering 0, null, false and no for Display Link URL under admin--->configuration--->links

and nothing removed it, any suggestions on how to remove it ?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

Find this code in the includes/modules/links_listing.php file

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) .  '" target="_' . $openMode . '">' . $listing['links_url'] . '</a>';

and change to

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) .  '" target="_' . $openMode . '">' . substr($listing['links_url'], 0, 20) . '</a>';

Change the 20 to however long you want the url text to be. I haven't tested this but it should work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I was wondering if it is possible to add the reciprocal page link to where all the other info is placed under the admin panel

if it wouldn't be a pain to do.

such as when you click on the link and it displays the edit, delete, check link, email buttons.

The reason why I ask this is because sometimes I have to wait for a site to get back to me and let me know they have added mine and I don't remember which is what. This way if I could easily see that my home page is the reciprocal link I know right away to check it out.

I just want to stop people from getting one way links basically.

Thanks,

Eric

I don't understand. The check links, and more specifially the cron job to check links, is meant to notify you of one way links. Is that not waht you want?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The info is on this page /admin/links.php

the info thats on the right side of page under the edit, delete, check link, email buttons.

Which looks like:

Category: All-Natural Products

All-Natural Department Store

All-Natural Department Store

Contact Name:

Contact Email: [email protected]

Here is where I would like to add where my link is (the reciprocal page)

Clicks: 0

Description: Site description.

Link Submitted: 02/26/2007

Here is where I would like to add where my link is (the reciprocal page)

So you want to add that to the link on the other site? That doesn't make sense to me so I am obviously missing your question. Keep trying though - it takes a while sometimes. :)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For most sites you dont always know right away what the reciprocal page is on their site so I put in my site because its a required field. I was just wanting it to be a little easier to notice that I need to find out what the status and if they even put my link there.

I would like to have some of this info here:

Reciprocal Page Details

Reciprocal Page: http://site.com * Required FOUND: Visit Reciprocal Link

on the /admin/links.php as above

If I knew how to do a screen shot I would lol hopefully you can understand what Im tryin to ask

Thanks a bunch

Eric

First off I found out how to take a screen shot and its fairly easy heres how

1 With the error displayed on your screen, press one of the following:

* Alt + Print Screen to capture the active window

* Print Screen to capture your full computer screen

2 Select Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint. The Paint application opens.

3 Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into Paint. If you receive a message that says: "The image in the clipboard is larger than the bitmap. Would you like the bitmap enlarged?" click Yes.

4 Select File > Save As. The Save As dialog opens.

5 In the Save in field, select a location to save the file, such as your Desktop.

6 In the File name field, type in a name for the bitmap.

7 In the Save as type field, select .bmp, .gif, or .jpg.

8 Click Save

DONE

Jack here is what I was referring to

screenshot.JPG

Where "Somewhere in here---->>>"

Is where I would like it to read the full url where my link is on their site ie "reciprocal url: http://my_link_partners_site.com/their _links.php"

I hope this helps,

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by matrix2223

Hi Jack,

I figured it out YAH!!!

in the admin>includes>lang.>links.php add this

define('TEXT_INFO_LINK_RECIPROCAL_URL', 'Reciprocal URL:');

Then near the bottom of admin>links.php find this bit

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_STATUS . ' '  . $links_status_array[$lInfo->links_status]);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CATEGORY . ' '  . $lInfo->links_category);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_link_info_image($lInfo->links_image_url, $lInfo->links_title, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $lInfo->links_title);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CONTACT_NAME . ' '  . $lInfo->links_contact_name);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CONTACT_EMAIL . ' ' . $lInfo->links_contact_email);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CLICK_COUNT . ' ' . $lInfo->links_clicked);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_DESCRIPTION . ' ' . $lInfo->links_description);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_LINK_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($lInfo->links_date_added));

Replace with this

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_STATUS . ' '  . $links_status_array[$lInfo->links_status]);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CATEGORY . ' '  . $lInfo->links_category);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_link_info_image($lInfo->links_image_url, $lInfo->links_title, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $lInfo->links_title);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CONTACT_NAME . ' '  . $lInfo->links_contact_name);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CONTACT_EMAIL . ' ' . $lInfo->links_contact_email);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_RECIPROCAL_URL . ' ' . $lInfo->links_reciprocal_url);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_CLICK_COUNT . ' ' . $lInfo->links_clicked);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_LINK_DESCRIPTION . ' ' . $lInfo->links_description);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_LINK_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($lInfo->links_date_added));

And this is the end result:

screenshot2.JPG

I Hope you or someone knows or even understands why I wanted that there

Eric

Change the 20 to however long you want the url text to be. I haven't tested this but it should work.

Jack

That worked great, thanks.

i went to admin and try to eliminate the url column fro mdisplaying, tryed entering 0, null, false and no for Display Link URL under admin--->configuration--->links

and nothing removed it, any suggestions on how to remove it ?

any idea why that is happening ?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

I've installed version 1.14 but when I go into the Admin section I get the following error message on the Links Page

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id order by ld.links_title limit -20, 20

I know it's probably something really simple, but I don't know where to look - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've installed version 1.14 but when I go into the Admin section I get the following error message on the Links Page

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id order by ld.links_title limit -20, 20

I know it's probably something really simple, but I don't know where to look - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Jack,

I figured it out YAH!!!

in the admin>includes>lang.>links.php add this

And this is the end result:

screenshot2.JPG

I Hope you or someone knows or even understands why I wanted that there

Eric

Your images aren't showing so I'm still lost. But are you sure you are not re-inventing the wheel. If you have the reciprocal link required option set, then no one can enter a link without already having a link to your site. Isn't that what you want?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks

As mentioned many times in this thread, it is a problem with the code in oscommerce. Download the latest oscommerce update (Community->Downloads in above menu) and instal the fix for split_page_results.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Your images aren't showing so I'm still lost. But are you sure you are not re-inventing the wheel. If you have the reciprocal link required option set, then no one can enter a link without already having a link to your site. Isn't that what you want?

Jack

Yes I do want that and no thats not what Im asking I wanted to be able to see what they entered on the main links page in the admin so I can tell if I have to go there and c for myself. Ex. for links that I have added manually and are waiting for them to put a link on there site. I cant add one on my site to theirs without one.

The reason why the images are not showing is because I think a server is down or something they was there last night and when you type in my url it says server not found.

Eric

Nice work in this contrib!

I'm having an issue though that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. Everything works except the SEO URL's still arn't working. I've read through every post in this topic and the only thing I was missing was:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

In my htaccess file. So I added that thinking everything was good, but the SEO URL's still don't work. I don't know what else to do. Some help please.

I have Links Manager V 1.14 with all the bug fixes above it on the contrib page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1256

And I have Ultimate SEO URLs V 2.1d

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823

I saw in one of these posts someone recommended using Ultimate SEO URLs V 2.2, but it looks like it has bee removed:

NOTE: Versions 2.1d and later of this contribution contained works under the "Open Public License" which is not compatible with the GNU General Public License and therefor had to be removed. Please check that further additions to this contribution package are LEGAL and are released under the GNU General Public License.

Ultimate SEO URLs V 2.1d works on everything but this contrib so far. Is 2.2 required for SEO URL's to work with this contrib? If so, is there anywhere I can still get it?

Here's what I get:

When I click on a category, it comes up in the address bar as:

http://www.uscomputerexchange.com/catalog/links.php?lPath=1

When it sends me an email, the link looks like:

http://www.uscomputerexchange.com/Software-links-1.html

When I type in "http://www.uscomputerexchange.com/catalog/links.php?lPath=1" it takes me to the links category.

When I type in "http://www.uscomputerexchange.com/Software-links-1.html" I get a 404 not found.

I also tried lowercase "/software-links-1.html" and nothing, still 404.

If you could give me a hand I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Brett K.

Yes I do want that and no thats not what Im asking I wanted to be able to see what they entered on the main links page in the admin so I can tell if I have to go there and c for myself. Ex. for links that I have added manually and are waiting for them to put a link on there site. I cant add one on my site to theirs without one.

The reason why the images are not showing is because I think a server is down or something they was there last night and when you type in my url it says server not found.

Eric

OK, I sse what you are saying. You can check if the link exists by going into the links edit page or by check the Links Status page but you want it to be in the right column by the buttons. Since you already have it fixed, I don't need to replay but I will add this to the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does the SEO URL file seo.class.php have to me modified? I'm trying everything I can think of.

I came across this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207099

Which talks about "the new seo.class.php file". I'm wondering if it's in there?

Maybe something like:

$this->reg_anchors = array('products_id' => '-p-',
															   'cPath' => '-c-',
															   'manufacturers_id' => '-m-',
															   'pID' => '-pi-',
															   'tPath' => '-t-',
															   'articles_id' => '-a-',
															   'products_id_review' => '-pr-',
															   'products_id_review_info' => '-pri-',
															   'info_id' => '-i-'
															   );

To

$this->reg_anchors = array('products_id' => '-p-',
															   'lPath' => '-links-', //<- SEO LINKS?
															   'cPath' => '-c-',
															   'manufacturers_id' => '-m-',
															   'pID' => '-pi-',
															   'tPath' => '-t-',
															   'articles_id' => '-a-',
															   'products_id_review' => '-pr-',
															   'products_id_review_info' => '-pri-',
															   'info_id' => '-i-'
															   );

There has to be something that tells seo to use "-link-" right?

I'm lost...