• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

order section & CC/DC/gift voucher contrib ?s

I have several questions in regard to two areas, anyone up for the challenge?:

- Admin panel, under customers module, the order option.

- The credit_class_gv_dc_v5.05 contribution (credit class, gift vouchers, and discount coupons)

(1) How do I change the order date, order update time, etc? When I go to the admin panel and view orders, the "date added" field shows the servers time , when I want it to show the time on the client's PC. I'd also like to add EST, CST, or PST.

(2) How do I add an option under the "change status" box. I have the "store pickup" contribution installed and want to add "ready for pickup" to the options. Currently, it only has "Pending", "Delivered".

(3) Where can I edit the e-mail that gets sent out when a customer places an order? Specifically, if they choose "store pickup" for the shipping method, I want to add "Please bring this receipt with you when you pickup your order,...."

(4) Where can I edit the e-mail that's sent out when I change the order status?

(5) When I'm testing my site, I sign up as a new customer. An e-mail is properly sent out to the new user. However, the e-mail is reduntant...adds..."you can now take part in..." twice. How do I fix it?

Also, why does the e-mail (my system) authorize both a Gift Voucher ($10) for new members and a Discount Coupon (for first on-line experience)...that seems redundant too. I only want either a Discount Coupon or a Gift Voucher to be sent.

(6) I've been trying to use the gift voucher or discount coupon when I try to create a phony order. When I enter the redemption code when checking out, it only lists "Voucher Balance $XX.00" with "Send Gift Voucher" below it, under the order total in the shopping cart. It doesn't allow me to use any of the voucher balance towards MY OWN purchase. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the e-mail I referenced in (5):

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]  

Date: 2 Oct 2003 15:05:05 -0000 
To: "Charmaine Ricardo" <[email protected]> 
Subject: Welcome to Oriental Mart 
From: "Oriental Mart" <[email protected]> | This is spam | Add to Address Book 

Dear Ms. Ricardo,

We welcome you to Oriental Mart.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].
As part of our welcome to new customers, we have sent you an e-Gift Voucher worth $10.00

The redeem code for is ad9239e6c3, you can enter the redeem code when checking out, after making a purchase

or by following this link http://www.theorientalmart.com/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=ad9239e6c3&osCsid=dc499bc48668a5af70b90203c7daf135

Congratulation, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience
below are details of a Discount Coupon created just for you

To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is fba6596296 during checkout, 
after making a purchase

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].

Archived