• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

generic install missing all images

missed-code

Hello all,

I am extremly new to oscommerce and still learning php.

I installed oscommerce and am not getting any gif images to show up including the buttons. Sometimes they show up for short time periods then disapear again. I have checked the path and all seems correct and the images are there.

Please view www.forumoftruth.com/store

I have to be missing something simple. I am just not sure where to look for the problem. If some one who has had an problem like this or with a little more experience could help me out it would be much appreciated.

I have been playing with this for about a week now and removed it and installed again to double check everything.

Weird thing is if I browse the store for awhile, some of the buttons appear, sometimes they stay after that durring that session, other times if the page is reloaded they are gone again.

Thanks,

Michael

Any ideas anyone?

I have searched for hours through the forums here, I found many posts with the same problem, or similiar problem, but none seemed to be resolved.

from other posts I see that there was mention of IE6 having a prob. displaying images, if that is the case then no one with new computers or new installs of win xp can view a oscommerce site? That dont make sense......... Thats been awhile, so surely there has been a fix since then.......

Also saw mention of chmod being 777 or 755 on images, I have verified all images are 755 and the folders they are in.

saw where one person deleted the .htaccess file, but that dont seem like a correct solution to me.........

Im lost, some one please help :unsure:

I tried adding my own images, same result..........great looking square with a nice looking red X ........unfortunatly that wont sell LOL

Archived